Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

Keep going with the exercise Caro, you're doing great with all the cycling.

Good weekend so far, and I've just spent half an hour making the best frozen yoghurt ever! Choc mint again, but this time I made it with mint flavoring and grated dark chocolate (I tried to find cocoa nibs at h&b but had to settle for organic dark chocolate instead - 50g grated chocolate which made 6 generous yoghurt tubs AND I didn't even eat the rest of the slab :)

Added some green food coloring and chopped mint leaves. Hmmmmmm!

image-815627668.jpg

Thanks china! I was thinking of you while making the frozen yoghurt today. Has your ice cream maker arrived yet?

Good weekend so far, and I've just spent half an hour making the best frozen yoghurt ever! Choc mint again, but this time I made it with mint flavoring and grated dark chocolate (I tried to find cocoa nibs at h&b but had to settle for organic dark chocolate instead - 50g grated chocolate which made 6 generous yoghurt tubs AND I didn't even eat the rest of the slab :)

Added some green food coloring and chopped mint leaves. Hmmmmmm!

View attachment 107933

That looks so delicious xxx

Love it! Good attitude - keeping checking in with the TW clothes, sounds like you're right on track! Jx

Gasp! I just had a mooncake. Well, my Chinese intern baked them specially for mid autumn festival, and it would have been rude to say no :)

Cycled in today AND did my exercises, so a good start to the day otherwise.

Hope everyone is having a good week Cxx

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, this is a mooncake. Pastry with bean paste, nuts, fruit or egg filling. Not very sweet, and definitely an acquired taste :) image-905459484.jpg

Thanks china! I was thinking of you while making the frozen yoghurt today. Has your ice cream maker arrived yet?
I haven't ordered it yet. will do as soon as I come back. I thought if I ordered it, I wouldn't be able to restst trying it out. Ice cream looks amazing.

Ok Caro I've just caught up with your diary going from craving ice cream to pulling a face at the noodles then craving ice cream again after seeing the pic of your mint choc to now pulling a face again at the moon cake :)

Great to read you again x

Hahaha Jo, glad I'm responsible for exercising your face muscles! Lovely to see you again and to read about the wedding plans. We just had our 7th anniversary in August but it still feels like yesterday I was choosing dresses and flowers and music and menus... No kids for us either although people still ask if they're on the way :)

Yes, most people would agree with you on the mooncakes. Give me choc mint frozen yoghurt any day!

Hello there my lovely. It's true that irregular periods were definitely something ladies mentioned way back in my day, but I'm not sure it's had as much air play as the constipation issues. I smiled at your "real food" comments and I think you've hit the nail on the head as to why I can't face returning to Dukan. Like Sara, I tended to stick to real food (salmon, chicken, steak, eggs) but of course the boredom sets in fast and, while doing it I was fine and not bored at all, the thought of returning to that tedium isn't appealing (at least not while the summer fruits are still around!).

I still smile when Dukan followers post something which looks absolutely revolting, and fellow Dukaners drool... (I'll avoid specifics here haaaaaaa!)

:)
Ps - is it possible that your body is telling you that it's time for you to move to Conso? If you're out of ketosis anyway, it could be a good time?

Hello gorgeous lady!

I'm sure you're right about listening to my body. I've been pretty relaxed the last week, no pp days, just pv, and a few indulgences here and there (chocolate, cake, wine...). But mostly just a taste: a few bites or sips: enjoyed it, but not had to eat or drink the whole thing. And that does feel good: to be in control and not at the mercy of cravings. And this morning I've come down about half a kilo since last week! So I'm going to keep on trucking: I will do a pp day here and there, but mostly just avoid sugar, alcohol and fats, and stick with the real stuff :) And hopefully I'll keep losing gradually and reach tw that way.

I've never been sure about ketosis, to be honest: how do you know when you in or out of it, and what level of carbs will bring you out? Is it grams per day, or the ratio of carbs to proteins? I know ketosis helps with appetite suppression, but do you need to be in ketosis to burn fat and lose weight?

Have a sunshiny day everyone!

I think the ketosis thing seems to vary from person to person. I usually find my mouth feels dry and doesn't taste good after two PP days! In the past, I've associated the "no hunger / no cravings " feeling with being in ketosis but now I see it's far more "in the mind" than that as I can knuckle down to my own plan, stick to what I've typed into my fitness pal in the morning and feel no hunger either! I'm convinced I merely need a "system reset" as my computer does from time to time! (Now where how do I go about getting one of those?!)

I know that too much dairy slows down my weight loss and I used to be pretty manic at measuring just how much I could have and lose relatively quickly (no more than 400ml).

Hang in there cos Conso and Stab will be so much easier for you if you continue as you now are x

I don't see how you can possibly be in ketosis during Cruise, I think it's a load of old rubbish to be honest! xxx

Love it! Can actually hear you saying that (just imagining how your voice sounds...)!

And then theirs my accent 'eeeeee how way man common as muck' xxx :D

I don't see how you can possibly be in ketosis during Cruise, I think it's a load of old rubbish to be honest!

I agree with you Sara, I know for a fact I was only ever in ketosis during the attack stage (and then only briefly) because as a diabetic I have a stash of ketostix and check for it two to three times a week (well I did check everyday when I first started). Sorry if I have disillusioned anyone, I suppose it might just be me or it might be diabetes related but that is my experience.

I agree with you Sara, I know for a fact I was only ever in ketosis during the attack stage (and then only briefly) because as a diabetic I have a stash of ketostix and check for it two to three times a week (well I did check everyday when I first started). Sorry if I have disillusioned anyone, I suppose it might just be me or it might be diabetes related but that is my experience.

I bought the stix and I was never in ketosis all the way through cruise, still had the bad breath, insatiable thirst though xxx

Hellooo! Agree with the others, don't think we reach ketosis especially not with the carbs from oatbran. I bought ketostix out of interest last time and was never in it, even after a few pp days. To reach it you have to basically be on zero carbs, so not even any from veg. It's to do with total carbs, not protein:carb ratio. And to be honest, you don't need it - protein increases satiety which is the key to Dukan really - satiety on low cals.

Well done on your regular losses though. Inspire me - I'm flailing! Jx

Back