DustQueen 2013

I guess you need to ensure you have distractions. Do you read much? I find reading is a good distraction, also watching films. I know some people do crafts or knitting to keep them away from eating. I'm useless at knitting but it does keep the hands busy.

Yeah my ME is so bad that even holding a book is really painful, crafts and knitting are similar, I do love films but that is basically all I do, tv, films, series etc.
my husband reads to me most evenings as I can't read the books myself without difficultly but obviously I can't have him doing that all day :)

No haven't found it.

Enjoying a child free night. These days that means bed early amd peace to nip to the loo, lol.

Could you listen to audio books hun for a distraction. Maybe even learn a language or sumat?

Mama - bear x

Audiobook would be a good idea but they are quite expensive to buy (and we don't have the Internet to download them)

I'm thinking maybe a WS or low carb meal once a week say on a Saturday might help me stay on track.
I definitely want to stay on this diet for three reasons
1. It saves me money
2. I've bought the packs
3. I need to get this weight off (the quicker the better)
Now thinking about this sensibly:

Pros: will give me something to look forward to, make the 5-6 months ahead a little less daunting, I think a week would be an ok time to manage at a time (well I hope) Not sure though

Cons: might affect my weight loss and generally once I start introducing any food it gets worse and worse, like when I was doing s&s with the allowed protein & veg, first it was chicken then Parma ham then cheese then cheese and pickled onions and cheese :S

Hmmmm not sure at all.

For those of you doing TS (especially those of you who are managing long stints on TS MissM & Darcy for example! 24 days wow!!!) do you also have the obsessive thoughts about food all the time? My mouth is literally watering 90% of the day. How do you manage with the fact that it's a long road ahead?

Last edited:
I'm thinking maybe a WS or low carb meal once a week say on a Saturday might help me stay on track.
I definitely want to stay on this diet for three reasons
1. It saves me money
2. I've bought the packs
3. I need to get this weight off (the quicker the better)
Now thinking about this sensibly:

Pros: will give me something to look forward to, make the 5-6 months ahead a little less daunting, I think a week would be an ok time to manage at a time (well I hope) Not sure though

Cons: might affect my weight loss and generally once I start introducing any food it gets worse and worse, like when I was doing s&s with the allowed protein & veg, first it was chicken then Parma ham then cheese then cheese and pickled onions and cheese :S

Hmmmm not sure at all.

For those of you doing TS (especially those of you who are managing long stints on TS MissM for example! 24 days wow!!!) do you also have the obsessive thoughts about food all the time? My mouth is literally watering 90% of the day. How do you manage with the fact that it's a long road ahead?

Lol just realised its 0130 and I'm talking to myself :) hope you all had good days diet wise and non diet wise ;)
Maybe I'll have my first sneaky peak at the scales tomorrow cheer myself up a bit lol :p grumpy cow ;)

If you feel you'll cave otherwise then I'd suggest it. If you feel you can get straight back on ts with no other nibbles for 6 days then yes definitely. However if you feel your doing it because its just mental cravings then I wouldn't and if your unsure about wether you can stay on track for the 6 days then defo not. Try the mini pancakes or stuffing balls, ribena plus and boullion. You know this diet is easier when we do stay on it 100% with time but its so hard getting over that initial time. Sorry I wasn't here at 1:30am but was in the land of nod. Hope a sneaky way will spur you on :) xxx

I think Carrie is right. I think is a fine line between one WS meal a week, and eating more, and I know that you kniw I have crossed that line many times before :eek:
If you can stay TS I would say do it. You know the rewards are greater. But if you are continually tormented then you would be better doing SW or WW.
Either way, just keep trying :)

Hi DQ. I agree with both Marge and Carrie. I know that for me it is difficult not to gradually increase my food intake once I allow myself even anything healthy. Even yesterday I spoiled having done so well not continuing eating by having a glass of wine before I went to bed. (I only had one and woke up with a headache!) If you can I think you should try to get more days TS in. Set yourself achievable goals. I'm trying to beat my record each time - currently 7 days! 5 days is achievable and then another 5 after that and before you know it you'll be up to 10! Also, I have a soak in the bath if I'm hungry or go to bed. I find that it is when I don't do something else that the hunger thoughts continue. Think of all the incentives you have for losing weight. Will your health improve? It will certainly make you feel better. Stick at it Carly, you'll get there!

I also agree with what's been said. If it is just about food thoughts, I'd say try to stay TS. Do the blocks and take it 1 day at a time. I was tormented with food thoughts for the first 2 weeks I think, then it got better. Each day is different though - some it's not an issue at all now, other times they creep back in. It's just about having a plan to deal with it when it happens xx

I'm thinking maybe a WS or low carb meal once a week say on a Saturday might help me stay on track. I definitely want to stay on this diet for three reasons 1. It saves me money 2. I've bought the packs 3. I need to get this weight off (the quicker the better) Now thinking about this sensibly: Pros: will give me something to look forward to, make the 5-6 months ahead a little less daunting, I think a week would be an ok time to manage at a time (well I hope) Not sure though Cons: might affect my weight loss and generally once I start introducing any food it gets worse and worse, like when I was doing s&s with the allowed protein & veg, first it was chicken then Parma ham then cheese then cheese and pickled onions and cheese :S Hmmmm not sure at all. For those of you doing TS (especially those of you who are managing long stints on TS MissM & Darcy for example! 24 days wow!!!) do you also have the obsessive thoughts about food all the time? My mouth is literally watering 90% of the day. How do you manage with the fact that it's a long road ahead?

Hi dusty,

Firstly i know EXACTLY how you feel!
I know the hardest part of this diet is NOT hunger its the food thoughts.
In the past failed attempts i have failed because the food thoughts were unbearable. Honestly felt like i was going crazy sometimes!!
So many times i fell off in a flash because for days i would get and resist the thoughts then one day i would get a mild thought and think thats it, im eating! Or worse manage to talk myself into just eating a bit of protein. That never works for me!!

This time round i am feeling much better. Day 5 i got food thoughts when my son came back from his dads and day 8 i got them after my first weigh in. All the rest of the time i have still had food thoughts but they have been tiny, fleeting thoughts. Much more manageable.
The difference, im not sure. Determination? Willpower? Need to succeed? I have had all of them before so no difference there.

I honestly cannot tell you why this time is different for me.

I do think once you are past day 10 though it gets easier. There is something psychological about double figures and moving out of week 1.

I think you should try and get there and then reassess.
I dont think a low carb meal on a saturday will help you at all. This is your mind playing tricks again trying to convince you to eat. If you do that tonight i can guarantee you will fall off the diet.
This may sound harsh but i feel it is true!
(For anyone else reading this, that statement is not a fit for all statement, it is solely my opinion for dusty going off what she has told us)

If you do however want to eat and diet then sw or ww like marge said, might be the way forward for you.

I hope you feel better today and i am so sorry you are struggling xxx

Hi dusty,

Firstly i know EXACTLY how you feel!
I know the hardest part of this diet is NOT hunger its the food thoughts.
In the past failed attempts i have failed because the food thoughts were unbearable. Honestly felt like i was going crazy sometimes!!
So many times i fell off in a flash because for days i would get and resist the thoughts then one day i would get a mild thought and think thats it, im eating! Or worse manage to talk myself into just eating a bit of protein. That never works for me!!

This time round i am feeling much better. Day 5 i got food thoughts when my son came back from his dads and day 8 i got them after my first weigh in. All the rest of the time i have still had food thoughts but they have been tiny, fleeting thoughts. Much more manageable.
The difference, im not sure. Determination? Willpower? Need to succeed? I have had all of them before so no difference there.

I honestly cannot tell you why this time is different for me.

I do think once you are past day 10 though it gets easier. There is something psychological about double figures and moving out of week 1.

I think you should try and get there and then reassess.
I dont think a low carb meal on a saturday will help you at all. This is your mind playing tricks again trying to convince you to eat. If you do that tonight i can guarantee you will fall off the diet.
This may sound harsh but i feel it is true!
(For anyone else reading this, that statement is not a fit for all statement, it is solely my opinion for dusty going off what she has told us)

If you do however want to eat and diet then sw or ww like marge said, might be the way forward for you.

I hope you feel better today and i am so sorry you are struggling xxx

Hi MissM

Do agree with all of this, sometimes it is just easier isn't it? Really wish it was this time as I really really want it to work this time. I'm not eating today and I won't be eating tomorrow as Monday is WI, beyond that I have no idea but that is the two day forecast lol. I think you are right but I wish these food thoughts would do one! I'm obsessed and it really is driving me loopy!!

XxxX

Hi DQ. Best thing to do is concentrate on getting through today and tomorrow. When you see the results on Monday it will hopefully inspire you to do another week of TS!

Hi DQ I know exactly how you feel I just think about food especially chocolate every single day - it's awful - I've actually been thinking today of doing WS as I need food in the day - if you have the packs already would you not do this. I also did Dukan a few years ago and loved it as you can eat as much as you want of certain foods but I missed the chic - my friend in work has lost 4 stone on Dukan and is never hungry - the downside is it is expensive and if you have your packs maybe WS would be better until the packs are gone - I hope it gets easier for you you have done so well so far on TS Xx

Nothing to add that hasn't been said DQ

....it's hard, yes, but you have to want to do it for one reason only - yourself :)

Take one day at a time, it's the best that any of us can do :D

Hi DQ. Hope you managed to stay 100% today.

How's your day been? I hope this journey is being gentle with you hun :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Day 7 tomorrow dusty.....a whole week done, go you !!!:)

Managed to get out of the house today (first time in weeks) but I'm paying for it completely shattered and excruciating!!!! pain :( going to throw some tramadol down my neck to see if it will help, catch up with you guys when I'm recovered XxxX Day 6 TS done though X hope you all had good days too, catch up later x

Hope you are feeling better today x

Back