Each journey starts with a single step

CMAN

Okay, now that Christmas is out of the way - All of the junk food, drink and everything else is out of the way, I can really start to look at the daunting task of losing 126 lbs!

I've written down my goals, rewards and objectives for the next year! I've worked out my exercise routes and told them to my family so they have to understand that I need the time out to get myself fit. After all they'll benefit

So, rewards and goals? I'm realistically looking at loosing 2lbs a week on average - that should be realistic enough with cutting down calories by 500 a day, walking for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening then after each stone I'll review the plan and see what exercise I will be able to. When I was younger and in the army I was really into hill walking obviously being a 322lb man it's not as easy as it used to be but I know I can do it and I'll be trying some of the hills in the area. After all it can only get easier!

After each stone I want to treat myself to something - I'm not sure what yet but it will be something that changes my life forever - Tandom skydiving and the like. Obviously I have to lose some weight before I get to that stage.

Anyway here goes nothing ... 126 lbs and counting

Very pleased to meet you. You seem to have a sensible plan of action in place. Let's hope 2009 is when we achieve our dreams ...

Right, I started dieting about a week ago, I done one big hill walk and some smaller walks around my town, watched what I ate over the christmas period but I wasn't expecting what has happenned this morning. I've just got up, done my morning routine and then got on the scales...

I've lost a stone, don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased but I'm not sure that this should have happenned? Have I done something completely wrong? Maybe it's my body going into shock or maybe I've just not overdone it as much as I normally do with the added additional exercise?

I guess we'll have to see what happens next week to see if it does go down again or whether as usual my weight yo-yo's.

But for now... Yay me!

A change in your diet such as the one you have made will result in a large first week's weight loss. Your body is adjusting and the first week is usually the week for a large weight loss. Keep on as you are, and you will settle down into a regular "normal" weight loss.

Well done though, and remember, men ALWAYS lose more weight than women gggrrrrrrrrr!

Week 2 in the Cman household, Been doing a few long walks up the hills behind the town that I live in, I've started to appreciate the area more but also it's been pretty impressive and motivating after I complete a long walk and "feel good" tired.

I've just weighed myself and thankfully the weightloss has slowed down a little and I've only lost 6lbs this week. I say only as that's 3 times more than I was hoping to lose. I've also signed up for a gym which is opening up on Saturday about 300 yards down the road as I want to start doing weights to slow down the actual loss in mass.

I've not yet started to follow the SW diet yet as It seems that for the moment the execising is enough to keep on track and hopefully with this signing up for a gym should help even more as they review nutrition as well.

Anyway that's it, back to work next week so, I'm going to find it harder to do any real walking but here's hoping I stay on track.

Back