Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Earl Grey - Secret citrus on the LL allowed list!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Cerulean, 23 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    I was reading my record book because I wanted to check a couple of things - the rules in there help to clarify a lot of the 'can I have...' questions and I wondered why Earl Grey is allowed, especially as it is flavoured with the oil of a citrus fruit.

I'm not trying to bend the rules, honest - you're speaking to girl who's never made a crisp or a muffin - but I have had to give up my favourite Jasmine tea to do this - and I think it might be for some completely arbitrary reason!

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy with what I can have (especially as I've rediscovered Lapsang Souchong) - but there's me upsetting my granny because she bought me green tea with lemon by mistake when I went to visit her and I had to say no politely and all the while there's a citrus flavoured tea on the allowed list!

Also I discovered that you can have UNLIMITED water flavourings! Blimey - if I have more than 6 teaspoons in a day (or three litres' worth) I have chocolate waterfall issues!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Flip I hope so cos I've been having it! Anyone?!!

4. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Just to make it clear, Earl Grey is DEFINITELY allowed. I'm just questioning why other similar teas are not.

5. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hmm - not sure if I should admit to this but just lately I've been swigging freshly squeezed OJ - not having whole glasses or anything but a fairly large swallow 2 or 3 times a day over the weekend and once a day before that. I felt very naughty but I'm still in ketosis as of this morning.
    There could be several reasons. I have a LOAD of weight to lose (almost 10 stone) and I suspect that I am still burning fat for energy (the definition of ketosis) despite one or two indiscretions and that I will not be able to get away with this as time goes on.
    Alternatively it might be that some people have a sensitivity to citric acid while on LL and it was easier to ban it that give people the option and risk it not working for some.

Re: the Earl Grey. I wonder if it actually contains any citris acid? I have to say I didn't know bergamot was a citrus...

6. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    LLC told me that you can have tea made with the leaf but not fruit tea - esp lemon due to citric acid but I assume OJ has that too...?

7. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Earl Grey is leaf tea flavoured with citrus...so there seems to be a little inconsistency there - I've checked a few ingredients lists on line and most of the berry teas list citric acid as an ingredient so I can see why they're banned. Weird...

8. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Just as an aside, have you tried Clipper Green Tea with peppermint? I am not wildly keen on black tea, just the occasional Earl Grey,but I really am pleased i discovered this tea. It so refreshing and makes a great hot drink! (oh and no citrus in sight!)

9. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Oh yes - it's yum! I love their green teas. I like Dragonfly white mist tea as well.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.