• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

earl grey?

Lily

Gold Member
Yep, you're fine with Earl Grey. How very refined of you. :D

No... Earl Grey is not allowed because even though it's a leaf tea it's got bergamot in it... (a citrus oil)

I checked because I was an Earl Grey fan

Lily

Gold Member
No... Earl Grey is not allowed because even though it's a leaf tea it's got bergamot in it... (a citrus oil)

I checked because I was an Earl Grey fan
Oh pants. They go back and forth on this one, grrr. Some years it's okay, some years it isn't, apparently. :rolleyes:

Okay, so the official current advice by the sounds of it is that you can't have Earl Grey. But given that it's gonna have a tiddly amount of citrus oil in it, I doubt it will have done you much harm if you have had a cup or two, Lea, so don't panic.

Sigh. I wish the folks at Cambridge would stick to a consistent message.

It would appear that it's fine to drink Earl Grey on both LighterLife and Lipotrim which are pretty similar VLCDs, so... :confused:

Last edited:
Me too! I think it's one of those ones that you try and see.. and if you stay in ketosis then woohoo!

LeaV

Thanks ladies, after I posted the question I found it on another thread and nobody on those seems to be able to decide either!! Lol.
Well I had a cup to try n have a bit of warmth and variet and I spose it's better that reaching for a boccie instead :) will make sure I don't run outta coffee from now on :)

How about jasmine tea, think it's allowed? X

The rule is that if it is a plain leaf tea then it is fine but fruit teas or leaf teas with fruit additions are not allowed.

I never used to be a coffee drinker but now have coffee with one splenda and one teaspoon of vanilla shake as "whitener" and it's quite nice. I normally have one vanilla a day anyway so just take it out of that for my coffee.

Ooh that's a fab idea!! I've been having the vanilla shake made up but put a spoonful of coffee in... Ur idea sounds like I'd be having prope coffee :) sick to death of black! I'm a latte kinda girl! X

That's how I drink my vanilla .. with coffee and an extra 200mls of water so i get a pint of "latte" .. you really don't miss a few scoops out for coffee.

Plus in all honesty in this weather if it helps me get water down and cope with CD then I'll happily open a 2nd shake and use that as my "whitener" over a 3-4 day period....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cambridge Weight Plan 4
Cambridge Weight Plan 7
Slim And Save 8
Exante 6
Cambridge Weight Plan 2