earl grey?

LeaV

I can't remember if we are allowed to have earl grey? Useless lump of a fella ran out of coffee!! Xx

Yep, you're fine with Earl Grey. How very refined of you. :D

No... Earl Grey is not allowed because even though it's a leaf tea it's got bergamot in it... (a citrus oil)

I checked because I was an Earl Grey fan

No... Earl Grey is not allowed because even though it's a leaf tea it's got bergamot in it... (a citrus oil)

I checked because I was an Earl Grey fan

Oh pants. They go back and forth on this one, grrr. Some years it's okay, some years it isn't, apparently. :rolleyes:

Okay, so the official current advice by the sounds of it is that you can't have Earl Grey. But given that it's gonna have a tiddly amount of citrus oil in it, I doubt it will have done you much harm if you have had a cup or two, Lea, so don't panic.

Sigh. I wish the folks at Cambridge would stick to a consistent message.

It would appear that it's fine to drink Earl Grey on both LighterLife and Lipotrim which are pretty similar VLCDs, so... :confused:

Last edited:
Me too! I think it's one of those ones that you try and see.. and if you stay in ketosis then woohoo!

Thanks ladies, after I posted the question I found it on another thread and nobody on those seems to be able to decide either!! Lol.
Well I had a cup to try n have a bit of warmth and variet and I spose it's better that reaching for a boccie instead :) will make sure I don't run outta coffee from now on :)

How about jasmine tea, think it's allowed? X

The rule is that if it is a plain leaf tea then it is fine but fruit teas or leaf teas with fruit additions are not allowed.

Thanks ladies, tryin to get my fluids in but the waters making me cold :) xx

I never used to be a coffee drinker but now have coffee with one splenda and one teaspoon of vanilla shake as "whitener" and it's quite nice. I normally have one vanilla a day anyway so just take it out of that for my coffee.

Ooh that's a fab idea!! I've been having the vanilla shake made up but put a spoonful of coffee in... Ur idea sounds like I'd be having prope coffee :) sick to death of black! I'm a latte kinda girl! X

That's how I drink my vanilla .. with coffee and an extra 200mls of water so i get a pint of "latte" .. you really don't miss a few scoops out for coffee.

Plus in all honesty in this weather if it helps me get water down and cope with CD then I'll happily open a 2nd shake and use that as my "whitener" over a 3-4 day period....

Back