Earthquake!

yep felt it here in worcester
knew right away what it was as i have been in three biggies in tokyo and san francisco
kinds scary when it happens at home though eh? never sure whether our buildings can take it!

Yep, felt it here in Cov to... the bed shook a little and OH thought he heard a loud bang like something falling - he shot out of bed like a whippet!!! I just lay there and thought 'mmm is it me or is the bed moving'... !!!!

Hi
Yep, we all felt it here in melton mowbray, when I got up and looked out the window everyone else had the same idea!!! Went to check on the dogs and the guinea pigs in the garage!!(Good job as they had slid of the stand they were on!!) some alarms going off and the dogs were all barking....SPOOKY!! Never felt the last one though...sounded like a huge lorry driving past the window!! everything rattled....Quite exciting though......but make's you realise what it must be like for those poor people that do get it bad...its 4 times worse.....anyway....be the height of gossip at work today!!! Love Izzyxxx

We felt it here in Glos too. Reminded me of living in NZ when we used to get them regularly. When I first went to live there with my new (then!) NZ hubby, there was quite a big quake one night. I shook him awake saying 'OMG what was that?!' and he said sleepily ' Mouse in the attic I 'spect.' I thought, 'Bl**dy hell, how big do the mice GET in this country?!!' But I soon got used to it all. It was a bit freaky feeling one here though!!
SM

yep felt it here in worcester
knew right away what it was as i have been in three biggies in tokyo and san francisco
kinds scary when it happens at home though eh? never sure whether our buildings can take it!
Slushy you felt it in worcester? We all slept through it! WOKE up at 6am with not a care in the world until I heard the news!

It happened about 15miles away from us, I can quite literally say I felt the earth move !!
It was quite noisy aswell and the whole house shook.
Luckily no structural damage, just a few pictures off and bits fallen over outside.

I have never been so scared, my hubby laughed and said it was probably an earthquake ???
Then we found out this morning it was!! He wasnt` laughing then.

And my little boy slept right though it...
Hope everyone else is okay, its quite scarey..

I live in Rotherham. Hubby and I were just going to bed when it started - loud rumble as though a train was coming towards the house. The cupboards started to shake and doors opened. For a few seconds we sort of staggered to keep our balance. I thought the roof or a wall was coming down so I ran upstairs to get my daughter - who was fast asleep. We checked all the rooms but couldn't find any damage. Everyone was out in the street and lights were on. Nothing on the radio/internet for at least half an hour, then it began to be reported that it was an earthquake from the Lincoln area.

As far as I know there was 1 person injured in wombwell (rotherham) when the chimney stack fell. Most have just had things shaken about. It was fairly scarey if you were awake. Most people at work have said they were asleep and something woke them up with the shaking/rumble. Interesting.
x

wow jeez hope everyone is ok. thats so scary. the other night i heard a bag moving in the bedroom i was convinced there was a rat somewhere then i listened for every little noise wondering oh what was that! I would freak if there was an earthquake

Yeah, I was awoken by the bed shaking. I thought it was the cat who had been frightened cos he sleeps on the end of it. Then when I realised it was too harsh for the cat, I put it down to ghosts!!!

I didn't realise it was a tremor until I got to work today....really weird!

Im in norwich and to be honest all the family slept through it, my mum who lives 8 doors down was awake in living room and heard what she thought was my dad chasing someone round the house, when he shout mum ran up and the cupboards were shaking and they thought the boiler was going to explode, then the next thought was car had crashed into house lol

To be honest i had only just gone to bed but my room is in the cellar so i think thats why i didnt feel anything, my mum reckons we sleep through anything and one day the house will collapse and the only way we will know is when we go up stairs and cant get any further lol

julesrush
cdc norwich

I was asleep and woke up cos the bed was moving and it felt like the whole house was shaking...... Very scary!!!

Nas x

Nothing felt here in Northern Ireland, although i did once sleep through a bomb.....wonder is that more impressive than sleeping through an earthquake??? lol

It woke me up here in Coventry. First thought it was an animal in my wardrobe, then the bed started shaking and thought it had got under my bed, so started stamping on the bed to scare it.....what was I thinking!!. I have no pets, so why i thought it might be an animal is beyond me.

It woke me up in Northampton, I could hear bangs and rattles downstairs and panicked as I was home alone, went downstairs with a wooden post to confront the 'burglar'!!!

Back