Extra Easy Easing into it

UmmZakaria

I'm hoping for a bit of reassurance and encouragement!! (But please be honest!)

I have done various diets in the past (WW, Lighterlife, Dukan etc). I have always started off ridiculously motivated, following it by the book etc. I am just coming to the end of my first week of SW and have found it really difficult sticking to the plan. I think the plan is probably the easiest one to stick to and I really want to stick it out as I see it being a realistic way of maintaining weight too. I had my little boy a year ago and have since lost nearly 2 stone on Slim and Save (a cheaper VLCD) but have really suffered with motivation and have basically spent the last 5 months binging an purging... 2 days "on plan" then 2 days of ridiculous bingeing. I am worried that trying (and failing) at such a hardcore diet has totally messed with my head and is making my urge to binge worse than ever :( I am damn well determined to shift this last 2 stone and I really want to do it with SW but I'm worried that if I can't "crack it" in the first week when my diet motivation is usually so high then I don't stand a chance at following it. I've had 3 bingeing sessions this week... admittedly not as bad as they have been but it's like my head takes over and I can't stop. Has anybody struggled in the first week and then gone on to lose weight successfully? I'm really hoping someone may be able to inspire me and give me hope that I can sort my head out and then sort my body out!
X

A lot of struggle every week. I restarted last week but was rubbish so back to starting again today. So far so good. When you feel you want to start bingeing, come on here and chat instead. There are lots of people here all the time. Start your own food diary. Put down everything that you eat and if it helps put down how you feel. Dont worry if some days are bad, just keep trying and you should get these feelings less often.

Keep plenty of "free" snacks on hand. I do mostly red days and nibble of slices of cooked meats and eggs. Extra easy doesnt work for me so gone back to the original plan. I have to cut down the carbs as well so this suits me.

You just have to find what works for you as everyone is different. Good luck and remember, get posting

sue xx

Being very honest, sometimes this is just what happens when our head isn't in the right place for losing weight... it was me last year. I'd join SW, do great for a few weeks, go off plan, have a gain, stop going, feel dreadful, have a few weeks of beating myself up, then rejoin, do great again for few weeks.... and repeat!! I did this about 7 times, and I can only put it down to just not being in the right frame of mind. I was moving country, being made redundant, and had a very poorly relative, and although I wanted to focus on me and my weight I just didn't have the headspace to do it. At New Year everything changed (for no real reason!) and I suddenly felt the urge to get on with it, and after 9 months of ploughing on I'm halfway towards my target. So my advice would be to sit down and have a think and check this is really the right time for you to try to start.

If however it is the right time and you're feeling really focused, then my biggest piece of advice is to use and abuse the plan! Make the most of all the lovely free food you can eat, get into the kitchen and cook, and use your healthy extras and syns for the things you'd normally binge on, but instead using these to enjoy them in moderation. If you have a slip up, draw a line under it and get back on plan at the next meal, don't let it derail your entire week - the plan is built to be flexible so you can still enjoy life, as long as you play within the rules.

Any questions just ask, SW is a great plan if you let it work for you x

Back