Easter Sunday Buffet ... help please

donnajt

Addicted to Minimins!
Hi everyone - its my daughters birthday next weekend and we are having an Easter Egg Hunt followed by Lunch at our house for all the family - nearly all the ladies in the family are calorie counting - so what can I make for the buffet so far I am doing:

Turkey
Gammon
salad
Small cones of fry lite chips in actifry
Bagels

Any other suggestions - its got to be things that everyone can eat (and simple) can't be cooking all morning because of the easter egg hunt

I'm not sure...I wish you the best of luck...but doesn't a buffet, by its very nature, go against calorie counting? Does it have to be a buffet, or could you make a set three course meal with a low-cal tasty soup, a healthy main and a dessert - then provide all the ladies with the calorie count for their meal beforehand so they can factor it into their day. Easier for you than a buffet and no-one wrecks their diet.

Otherwise, if you do have a buffet, I'd suggest just going for it and not trying to calorie count for the day. Because calorie counting means staying within a set limit and if you give a buffet to a bunch of people dieting they're either going to deprive themselves and feel they missed out (and not have fun with it), or go nuts and blow their diets (so enjoy the food but feel guilty at the same time).

Best of luck, whatever you choose to do :)

What about the following, breadsticks with low cal houmous, low cal crisps like rice cakes, weight watchers quiche. Keep away from anything with pastry though. X

Yeah I was going to suggest a plate full of cruditee... carrots, celery, cucumber etc and make some tasty dips from 0% yog and seasoning or a tomato salsa.

For pudding you could do little fruit kebabs, look pretty, taste awesome and v low cal. Use a rainbow of stuff like strawb, grape, berry, banana, kiwi, melon, apple MMmmm

Back