Easter-Themed Help!

Katy_the_kelt

Hi guys,

Basically I have just started LT, deciding this was a good time to get into ketosis while I'm on my Easter break from uni and won't be worn out when I have loads of work.

However I'll be going home in the next 2 weeks, for a week or so, and I'm really worried about re-gaining weight there: my parents have been really vicious about my weight in the past and it led me to have severe depression, so now I'm finally out of it, I don't feel able to say, "Yeah, you're right, I am too fat and that's why I can't eat for this whole week." because they'll think it's suddenly fine to start bullying me again. It's a pretty old-fashioned family, so we eat around a table at exactly 7pm every day. I've considered not going home, but then it'll be like I never had this holiday :/

On the other hand, I heard getting back into ketosis is harder than getting on the first time...

Anyone had a similar situation and able to offer advice?

Katy xx

Can you spend it with a mate instead?

I have the same problem with my family and I just absolutely insist that this is what I'm doing and there's nothing they can say. They have had a problem with my weight in the past and now I'm doing something about it. Be tough, be strong. You're doing this for you.

What I do is have a soup instead of a shake at meal times. Have it in a bowl with a spoon and then when you all sit down for dinner you are having "food" with them. It makes them feel better and less annoyed than when I don't join them at all.

Please don't come off it - you have to do a re-feed week before you eat as you'll instantly gain 7-10lbs from water gain. Stick with it hun x

I have the same problem with my family and I just absolutely insist that this is what I'm doing and there's nothing they can say. They have had a problem with my weight in the past and now I'm doing something about it. Be tough, be strong. You're doing this for you.

What I do is have a soup instead of a shake at meal times. Have it in a bowl with a spoon and then when you all sit down for dinner you are having "food" with them. It makes them feel better and less annoyed than when I don't join them at all.

Please don't come off it - you have to do a re-feed week before you eat as you'll instantly gain 7-10lbs from water gain. Stick with it hun x
Thanks, that's good advice :) xx

Back