Extra Easy Easy Extra Potato amounts

hazysummer

just a bit confused about potatoes on Easy Extra

in particular mashed, since we eat more potatoes usually when mashed rather than just boiled...

is there a guideline amount - or is it limited as per Red days, and do I have to eat the skins??

thanks in advance
H

There are no limits on any red or green foods on EE and you do not have to eat the skins on potatoes.

Like with all SW meals, eat until you are comfortably full and not stuffed :)

thanks Jaylou for clearing that up,
I'll make a double batch anyhoo next time, in order to make leftovers for fishcakes...its just such a faff making mash that I tend to go overboard when I finally do!
H

Free foods are unlimited on extra easy, but you should always try to include a 1/3 superfree (fruit or unstarchy veg) with your meals which will automatically control your carb and protein portions.

You also need to make sure you are only eating till satisfied.

Last edited:
It's easy to bulk out mash with vegetables to get more superfree food into your meals. I love adding in carrots, swede, celariac and butternut squash. Mmmm!

thanks Jaylou for clearing that up,
I'll make a double batch anyhoo next time, in order to make leftovers for fishcakes...its just such a faff making mash that I tend to go overboard when I finally do!
H

Me too, I make a huge pan full of it and either make fishcakes or freeze it to use on cottage pie or fish pie another time.

Back