Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Easy mistake to make

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by EllieWood, 25 January 2011 Social URL.

1. EllieWood

EllieWood Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(13.64%)
    Hi All,

I thought it would be good to start a thread to discuss the times you think you've been good and made the right food choices when out or in a supermarket, only to get home and look in your directory to find that it wasn't the best choice! Thought it might help others not to fall into the same trap as I did at the weekend of guessing the syn values of something.

I went to M&S at the weekend so thought I'd be good and check my directory before I went for a low syn/free yougurt or dessert. The 'count on us lemon fromaige frais' was free so I thought great. When I got there I couldn't see the fromage frais but saw a 'count on us lemon mousse'. Assuming this would be the same, or about that, I got them, only to find out they were 4.5 syns each when I got home. Was disappointed as I felt this was a lot for a yogurt and I could have had a lot more for my syns. :(

Will defo be carrying my directory in my bag more often!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MinkyDinky

MinkyDinky Holiday Countdown!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st4lb(40.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ah i done the same thing! In tesco, getting the low fat hartleys jelly - apple and watermelon, yum at half a syn - and picked up the fat free jelly with raspberrys - 5 syns!!! I just gave it to my boyfriend :)

4. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I once bought some low fat yogurts and they were 6 syns for a tiny pot. Gutted x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.