Easy orange cheesecake from slimming world recipe book

ally_88

Silver Member
Hi,

Has anyone tried making the easy orange cheesecake from the 100 desserts recipe book?

I'm in the middle of it now, waiting for the filling to set before I can put on the top jelly layer. Just wondering what anyone thought of it?

I knew it would be a thin base but it was very hard to fit across the tin (and I did use the size stated in the book).

For the filling, I've far too much. My tin musn't be deep enough! I've loads left over so I've melted 2 alpen choc and orange bars in the microwave and chilling them now, then going to put the rest of the filling over that to make an even lower syn cheesecake. It won't be completely syn free since theres some of the jelly in the filling. And it won't have the jelly layer top as I don't have enough jelly!

Anyway, it needs loads of chilling time- meant to be overnight. If it turns out ok then I'm going to take it to the next taster session. I'l let you know what I think when it's finished!

ahhhhhhhh I've messed it up :(

by the time I was putting the jelly layer on, the jelly set aside for it had already started to set so I added a bit of water and put it on the leftover one. I made up some more jelly, let it cool and started pouring it on my proper one but some of it went through the filling so now the top
looks a mess :(

think it would have been ok if I just put the leftover jelly on top as instructed. it wouldn't ha e looked as smooth but it wouldn't have wrecked the filling layer. il try and put a pic up whenever the jelly layer has set. I'm so disappointed. second recipe disaster in two days :( dont know whether to attempt it or not for the taster session.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

tastewise was very nice, it just didn't look very appealing but that was because I didn't leave it long enough to set. as soon as I took it out of the case it started to droop at the sides. the filling had thickened up today.

I've tried it again. this time i used a deeper dish that took all of the filling mixture. same problem with the leftover jelly part for the top- it had set before it was time to put it on top. I added a bit of boiling water to make it liquid enough to spread over top.

this time im leaving it until tomorrow evening before touching it again so fingers crossed it will set properly.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back