Easy swedey.

green eyed monster

Gold Member
Was talking about swede in class last night... ( as you do lol) and was given this tip.

Just whack a whole swede in the microwave for about 15 minutes, no cutting or pricking needed, turn it half way, and voila! Cut of the top and scoop out the mushy middle.

Im super impressed with this as I love swede, but hate prepping it. So I had to pass on the tip to you lot. Xx

You knew this and kept it to yourself????

:eek:

Lol. I did hear it called that last night. Cos it whistles like a spud.

I've read about that before and tried it......didn't work for me!

It was in the micro for a-g-e-s and just burnt in the end! :(

Really?

Hmmm, will have to have a go I reckon and see what happens x

I've read about that before and tried it......didn't work for me!

It was in the micro for a-g-e-s and just burnt in the end! :(

We had it in for ever too! Didnt burn it but when we scooped it out there were hard bits that had to be put back in and also I found a lot of waste from the outside bits once scooped

But I know people that cook swede like this and they say its fine - back to chopping and boiling for me though.

If I'm using it as part of a dinner I often cook it the day before, mash then heat up in the m/w when needed - freezes well too

Try chopping it in half, spritzing it with Frylight and sticking it in a medium oven for an hour or so - works much better than the microwave! This technique also works great with any type of pumpkin, butternut squash etc. Much much easier than skinning and chopping raw...

Prepping a swede is on my list of " meh " jobs.

If I think, "meh" then I don't do it. Like cleaning the loo and weeding the gravel.

There was big debate about this in group a few weeks ago, I hate it, I don't think it comes out right at all, but some of the members loved it. personally I think you waste more food this way.

Back