Eat Eat - DO NOT Repeat

tangerine12

Hi everyone.

I joined here many years ago so not a newbie but yes I AM still FAT.
At this point in my life I am the heaviest and the laziest I have ever been. I'm at a point now where the less I do the less I want to do and I have literally turned into a slob. Horrifyingly my 3 year old is also picking up my bad habits and is turning slob like spending her time watching endless videos on YouTube. So I decided things need to change.

I'm 37 soon to be 38 and I weigh 18stone 7lbs. My day consists of waking at 7am getting dressed and sitting in front of my PC(I work from home most days) and sit there til 4pm upon which I still sit there watching tv until it's time to collect little one from nursery. During my sedentary day I EAT EAT EAT breakfast rolls packets....Yes packets of biscuits, cakes, chocolate and basically anything I can get my hands on. I no longer have a walk to the train station or office and back again and have become more sedentary than ever. The fact I don't need to commute and have a lunch hour at home is a gift and I should utilise that time more effectively. So this I plan to do with the help of a very expensive gym membership in a very swanky gym which costs a whopping £130 a month - So for that price I damn well intend to spend as much time as possible there. I also got my 3 year old a gym membership there too so she can, at an early age, understand fitness and hopefully when she's older, choose to hit the gym in her free time. When I told my other half I was joining the gym the tirade of rolling eyes and put downs began. It's a waste of money..he said, you'll never stick to it....he said...I don't know Why you do these things....he said. I felt like punching him right in the face as he sucked the life right out of me in those 30 seconds of him voicing his disapproval. He was not supportive in any way which is why I call him a mood hoover as I was no longer excited about my new gym membership and felt like he is more than likely right and spent a sleepless night questioning this and you know when you can't sleep and your mind is in overdrive....by time I drifted off I thought of things like...what would happen if there was a fire??? Who cam save an almost 19stone woman from a gulf of flames or what if I was being attacked....how would I run away when I barely even walk these days. But I have been here so many times before. These thoughts have been in my head before but still....here I am....AGAIN!!!

So this is where I hope to keep a log. So I can look back and reflect on my achievements and my failures and hope that in 3 months time, when I'm reflecting, that I haven't wasted the cost of a luxury holiday in the Mediterranean on gym.

I'm giving the gym membership 3 months. So I think think this is a good measurement of what I want to achieve in that time:

* drop 2 stone
* see a reduction on my double chin, which there is just no hiding AT ALL any more
* spend some quality time with my daughter
* get up off my far a**e and actually do something
* finally be proud of myself for achieving something for me and my daughter
* gain the support of my other half and finally be able to say IN YOUR FACE!!!!

Gym membership starts 10th September...until then I will enjoy my annual leave and will return then probably 19stone something haha!

Treat going to the gym like you treat going to the loo or eating. It's something that has to be done.
Show your OH that you can do it and will do it even if it is without his support.
It's also good to get your daughter into healthy eating and keeping fit so she doesn't go through what us dieter's go through for years.

Good Luck and remember your doing it for you.:)

Treat going to the gym like you treat going to the loo or eating. It's something that has to be done.
Show your OH that you can do it and will do it even if it is without his support.
It's also good to get your daughter into healthy eating and keeping fit so she doesn't go through what us dieter's go through for years.

Good Luck and remember your doing it for you.:)

Thank you @craftermary. Your words mean a lot. Should be my other half saying those words mind...hoping one day he will 😋

Starting weight: 18stone 6lbs
Today's weight: 18stone 0lbs
Total lost: 6lbs

I guess I cheated a bit as I weighed myself after having such a massive dinner lol! I was just curious to see as I was on holiday and had no intention of starting to diet when I was away. So I am massively surprised by this week's results.

Today I was at the gym for 8.30am and did a 5km walk/jog. Took me 55 mins tho but hoping to see an improvement on this as the weeks go on.

Breakfast: skyr yogurt strawberries and almonds
Lunch: carrot and chickpea burger with chips
Dinner: vegetable fajitas.

Current feels: good, shattered, buzzing for tomorrow

Compliments: OH said I looked really nice today :)

Brilliant plan, great start - and so good the mood hoover forgot to hoover and complimented today!

Day Two:

Workout: 30mins bike ride + 15min cross training

Boditrax: 87.5% obese, visceral fat = 12

B: none (intermittent fasting)
L: seafood salad
D: mussels with crush bread

Current feels: sore head and feel tired. Skin looks bright though so that's a good sign

Day 3

L: vegetable crudites with hummus, fruit salad and packet of proper corn
D: Cajun vegetable pasta
Snack: skyr, strawberries, topped with 10 glanced almonds and 1 digestive

Exercise: 20min cardio + 500m swim
Current feels: luckily on annual leave as had to have a nap this afternoon. Struggled with my cardio this morning. Also have what looks like conjunctivitis in my left eye which is making me feel quite miserable. **sigh**

Tomorrow is rest day which I am highly looking forward to

I hope yr eye is better.

Thank u.... It's much better but I'm still aware of it which is still making me miserable **sob**

I'm not quite sure why I haven't posted here....just ran out of time and forgotten. Good thing is I'm still on track and apart from my sore eyes....I'm feeling pretty good.

Thursdays day went a bit like this:

B: none intermittent fasting
L: tuna sandwich + small fish sushi + bag of proper corn + oat bar
D: smoked haddock fish stew
Snack: 2 digestive biscuits
Exercise: 11,399 steps

Friday
L: tuna and brocolli pasta
D: leek and mushroom risotto
S: 10 almonds and 2 digedtives
Exercise: 45min treadmill at gym run 2mins walk 3 min intervals

Sat:
L: 2 pitta breads and hummus
D: salmon salad
S: 2 digedtives lemon skyr and almonds
E: 11771 steps

Current feels: feeling pretty good. Tho should go to the gym today but currently feel like I can't be bothered. Slept poorly last night mainly due to sore eyes and a bad cough but I would really like a 3rd treadmill work out in for this week as planning next week to shorten recovery time.

Actually I wonder is there any other runners on here. What his the best thing to do. I currently do 2mins jogging 3 mins walking. Next week hoping to bring down recovery time to 2.5mins. I wonder if I should keep jog to 2 mins or increase that and do 2.5 min jog and 2.5 min recovery. Amy advice would be great

Week 2 Day 1

Drum roll........5lbs loss. Ecstatic with that after a 6lb loss last week so 11lb in total. Bye bye 18s hello 17s 😊😊😊

I really couldn't believe when I seen the scale at 17stone 8.9lbs this morning. I had to step on 4 times to make sure it was right....I haven't seen below the 18s for so so so long so I was buzzing for the gym this morning.

8am: 45 min treadmill work out. Walked for 2.5mins and ran 2 min intervals. Managed this quite comfortably but will stick with this for this week and next week do 2mins walk and 2 mins jog
Planned menu:
L: tuna salad from subway
D: seabass fillets with mixed veg and potatoes
I'll need to have a snack as according to mfp this isn't enough food...may add a bag of proper corn or something and have some yogurt and nuts after dinner

But I really can't believe it.

Current feels: eyes better, cough still persistent but I don't care I am so over the moon with my weight loss I feel amazing, totally buzzing and full of energy

Week 2 Day 1

Drum roll........5lbs loss. Ecstatic with that after a 6lb loss last week so 11lb in total. Bye bye 18s hello 17s 😊😊😊

I really couldn't believe when I seen the scale at 17stone 8.9lbs this morning. I had to step on 4 times to make sure it was right....I haven't seen below the 18s for so so so long so I was buzzing for the gym this morning.

8am: 45 min treadmill work out. Walked for 2.5mins and ran 2 min intervals. Managed this quite comfortably but will stick with this for this week and next week do 2mins walk and 2 mins jog
Planned menu:
L: tuna salad from subway
D: seabass fillets with mixed veg and potatoes
I'll need to have a snack as according to mfp this isn't enough food...may add a bag of proper corn or something and have some yogurt and nuts after dinner

But I really can't believe it.

Current feels: eyes better, cough still persistent but I don't care I am so over the moon with my weight loss I feel amazing, totally buzzing and full of energy

Wow well done hun, you're doing fab!
Glad to hear that your eye is better.
I think I'm going to start doing jogging, thinking of doing it on the spot, probably starting with 10 mins and then building it up each day.

Thank u so much littlemissnaughty. You can always try the c25k programme. Seems to work for a lot of people but I'm just to I impatient lol!

Hi everyone.

At this point in my life I am the heaviest and the laziest I have ever been. I'm at a point now where the less I do the less I want to do and I have literally turned into a slob. Horrifyingly my 3 year old is also picking up my bad habits and is turning slob like spending her time watching endless videos on YouTube. So I decided things need to change.

I'm 37 soon to be 38 and I weigh 18stone 7lbs. My day consists of waking at 7am getting dressed and sitting in front of my PC(I work from home most days) and sit there til 4pm upon which I still sit there watching tv until it's time to collect little one from nursery. During my sedentary day I EAT EAT EAT breakfast rolls packets....Yes packets of biscuits, cakes, chocolate and basically anything I can get my hands on. I no longer have a walk to the train station or office and back again and have become more sedentary than ever. The fact I don't need to commute and have a lunch hour at home is a gift and I should utilise that time more effectively. So this I plan to do with the help of a very expensive gym membership in a very swanky gym which costs a whopping £130 a month - So for that price I damn well intend to spend as much time as possible there. I also got my 3 year old a gym membership there too so she can, at an early age, understand fitness and hopefully when she's older, choose to hit the gym in her free time. When I told my other half I was joining the gym the tirade of rolling eyes and put downs began. It's a waste of money..he said, you'll never stick to it....he said...I don't know Why you do these things....he said. I felt like punching him right in the face as he sucked the life right out of me in those 30 seconds of him voicing his disapproval. He was not supportive in any way which is why I call him a mood hoover as I was no longer excited about my new gym membership and felt like he is more than likely right and spent a sleepless night questioning this and you know when you can't sleep and your mind is in overdrive....by time I drifted off I thought of things like...what would happen if there was a fire??? Who cam save an almost 19stone woman from a gulf of flames or what if I was being attacked....how would I run away when I barely even walk these days. But I have been here so many times before. These thoughts have been in my head before but still....here I am....AGAIN!!!

So this is where I hope to keep a log. So I can look back and reflect on my achievements and my failures and hope that in 3 months time, when I'm reflecting, that I haven't wasted the cost of a luxury holiday in the Mediterranean on gym.

I'm giving the gym membership 3 months. So I think think this is a good measurement of what I want to achieve in that time:

* drop 2 stone
* see a reduction on my double chin, which there is just no hiding AT ALL any more

Gym membership starts 10th September...until then I will enjoy my annual leave and will return then probably 19stone something haha!
I absolutely love your thread. Lots of it I could have wrote myself. I am also the heaves
Hi everyone.

* drop 2 stone

I absolutely identify with your thread, it is like I wrote some of it. I am not a newbie, I have been here before and yes I am still fat! I am the heaviest I have ever been, I also work from home and the last 2 years have barely moved myself. The differences are I live alone and sometimes I can go days without seeing or speaking to another human being. I found myself more and more isolated, the more isolated I became the more I ate, then the more I ate the less I wanted to go out and see people and so the cycle continued blah, blah, blah. I used to walk everywhere, and the only walking I was doing was to the local shops, I did have a car, thank goodness I gave it up otherwise the only walking would have been to the fridge and back! I knew what I needed to do but my confidence and self esteem were at an all time low and just did not no where to start and so.......
I have a Black Tie event in November and decided I needed to do something, so I joined SW, tomorrow will be my 2nd weigh in, my short term goal is to drop a dress size for the event, I just could not bear to go and feel fat and ugly and look like a monstrosity!! This event has given my the motivation I needed, the last 2 weeks I have felt so much better just being in a healthier routine, and have kick started my walking again. I am currently on a very tight budget, so no gym for me at least for the time being, but horses for courses, whatever works for us individually and whatever helps us feel better about ourselves it's worth its weight in gold. I would so love to be a fly on the wall when you look and feel wonderful and tell your OH in your FACE!!!!!

Isn't it hard tho @mistyangel @mistyangel working from home. I found it so hard in the beginning but if I'm honest this gym membership is a godsend just now...otherwise I wouldn't move at all. Some gyms are expensive but I also used to drink somewhere in the region of 2-3 litres of Pepsi max a day (I am so ashamed to admit that) but now I have just one can at night after dinner and I sooooo look forward to it...so the money I'm saving alone on not buying fizzy pop is staggering.

I'm glad u have found something to motivate u. Do i have a diary of us own. I'd love to follow u and see how ur getting on. The support here is amazing but it's great when u find someone who leads a similar working environment as it takes up so much of ur day. Beat of luck. Catch up soon xx

I used to tell my music students that he hardest thing about daily practice was just sitting down at the piano! It's the same with dieting I think. Starting is the hardest thing. Once you decide to do it you just get on and do it! it's not too easy but it's great when you see results, however small.

Woke up with a stinking cold this morning and it's my TOTM as well so feeling pretty meh to be honest. After just getting over a bout of conjunctivitis I feel I just need a break.

Apart from that I'm still trying to keep on track eats wise and exercise wise.

L: salmon salad. Was super impressed to find this (pic attached) in the Morrison's meal deal. It's actually a full fillet of salmon in there, followed by mixed berries
D: vegetable stirfry
Excercise: 30 min spin class booked at 5.15

Current feels: miserable but determined not to ruin my new way of live for a pesky cold

Back