Eat Healthy A & B for sake of it?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by dogmad, 16 June 2008 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. dogmad

dogmad Member

Hi

Do you have to eat you full intake of both A & B options everyday?

I am currently struggling to get both A options and sometimes B options in, but with 9 stone to lose I should imagine I should start off taking full advantage of my allowances.

I don't want to be eating just for the sake of it though, like yesterday I had loads of fruit and by about 9pm realised I hadn't had my all my options but I wasn't hungry.

So for SW to work do you need to make sure you have all your options?

Also how many syns a day do you have?

Thanks

Debbie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    It would probably work without the HE (as in losing weight), but it wouldn't be healthy. They have been added to provide the nutrients that you may not otherwise get.

Cut down on the fruit. Too much isn't good for your teeth anyway ;)

4. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    if you struggle to get your heB (which i do) plan your meals or have cereal bars or hifi bars (mint ones are gorgeous). you should always try to eat your healthy A and B's and often people in my group miss them and they dont loose as much, so just because you feel like your eating too much you will still be loosing.

5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(31.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    They are there for a reason. You need the calcium and fibre so try to get at least one of each in a day. I have 2 Alpen light bars each day which counts as 1 HEB but is 2 snacks! And cut down on the fruit. Have your 5 a day but not much more. Too much fruit can actually make you constipated

6. Elz

Elz Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can you 'split' healthy extras??? I mean if I have 2 weetabix for breakfast thats HEB1. I then want 1 slice wholemeal bread (allowed 2) and large spreading of houmous (but not 28g) would that be allowed to count as HEB2???

7. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(31.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    As long as it adds up to one then I don't see why not. I think there are a few people who do that with their A's too

8. janey6983

janey6983 Full Member

I haven't been having all my healthy extra's every day, but will give it a go now I know it'll help me loose weight.

I suppose like a lot of people I feel like I should be punishing myself a bit on a diet, I know I need to get passed this to make this change of lifestyle stick but it's not always so easy.

9. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(31.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Try not to think of SW as a diet but a healthy lifestyle

10. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Yeah you can split Health Extras. I do and its worked for me. Some days I dont eat all of them but as Taz said try to eat 1 of each so you get fibre and calcium. Its not really a diet, once your into it you'll be flyin

11. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i agree with you there - i bloody love them. they taste like viscount biscuits.

healthy extra's give you calcium and fibre - both have been proven to aid weight loss, so go nuts!!!

12. Elz

Elz Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    THANKS I just love my houmous and tomato sarnie on wholemeal bread!!! I'm kind of addicted!

13. Ayla

Ayla Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    As with past posters, I think it is important to have at least some of your HE's. Do you like cheese? You can have 3 babybel lite's as one HE A, you can spread those out across the day as well.
    good luck

14. dogmad

dogmad Member

Thanks for you replies. Think I have got my head around this now and am fully stocked with hi fi bars and mini baby bels!!

15. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    You can also use healthy extra bs for things like tuna if you're on a green day, or beans/potatoes if you're on a red day. I couldn't manage without them! I usually only have 1 hex a though, but if you didn't eat yogurt you'd probably better off having 2. I only have about 4/5 syns a day, but I usually go out and have a naughty dinner and wine on a Friday.

16. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooh I love my A's and B's! Couldn't live without them but I know some days I have filled up on free foods and don't fancy them but try and eat them all the same.

I also split mine on occasion and it hasn't hindered my loss (yet) but if I find I'm slowing down or needing to be more rigid then I will try not splitting them. I can't see a problem if 2 slices of bread are a B and 2 Alpen Light bars are a B to have one of each as one B!

17. Elz

Elz Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes Stacey I would prefer one slice of bread and one alpen light... wouldnt need 2 of those bars a day cos they seem like a real treat!

18. emmaleighjohnson

emmaleighjohnson Pink and Fluffy Poster

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    When I first started I was a bit scared of my As and Bs just because I am never good with restraint; as soon as someone says measure I want to cheat.

I didn't use my healthy extras for the first few months. Now I am more inclinded to use them. If you are having trouble getting them in there I'd make sure I had them for breakfast e.g. museli and milk or toast and cheese...Mmmm cheese on toast for breakfast!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.