Eat less.... Move More

caroline_ireland

MISS Failure ha
Well this is what everyone says.... eat less,move more and I am doing just that and i STILL cant lose weight. IF anything I am putting weight on. I joined the gym 7 weeks ago and I put on 7 pounds, I dont even know how this is even possible with doing 1 1/2 hours of cardio ?? Can someone educate me on exercising cause I am baffled now at this stage!

Is it worth keeping a food and exercise diary to ensure that you are getting a calorie deficit? If you are still eating more than you are burning and also gaining muscle from exercise that might explain weight gain I guess. Some people suggest that exercising too hard when on a low carb or a vlc diet can stall weight loss.

Stall weight loss? are u serious, thats prob whats going on with me then? I am just confused at this stage cause I can never seem to lose weight. This is what I eat, its pretty much the same every day.

Breakfast at 730 am - Blueberry Scone with low low butter and slimline low fat latte

1100 - banana

1230 - I was eating salads with just tomatoes, rocket salad, tbsp oil/balsamic vinegar and mozzarella cheese for about 3 months

last week i started eating chicken wraps, with just chicken, tomatoes and roasted veg (no mayo etc)

3 pm - banana

after gym when i get home can vary ---- was eating bolagnese with no pasta (cereal bowl full) or I would make a curry from scratch with no carbs only load chicken.

Or homemade Shepherd pie

It would be worth upping your carbs slightly for a week and see what happens. A lot of people say you do need carbs if you are exercising. Your body needs between 800 calories even if you are just sitting still and not moving. I reckon you will be lucky to be eating as much as that from what you have posted. I would suggested raising it to at least 1200 on a gym day with some carbs. Keep on with the protein as you need that to build muscle and you need muscle to lose fat.

It would be worth upping your carbs slightly for a week and see what happens. A lot of people say you do need carbs if you are exercising. Your body needs between 800 calories even if you are just sitting still and not moving. I reckon you will be lucky to be eating as much as that from what you have posted. I would suggested raising it to at least 1200 on a gym day with some carbs. Keep on with the protein as you need that to build muscle and you need muscle to lose fat.

Ok thanks a million, back to the drawing board, its mad the way the body works. Thanks a million

In the gym I do:

30 mins walking briskly on treadmill
30 mins on the bike, weight loss programme up and down hills
10 mins cross trainer that kills me
then back on treadmill for 15 mins attempting to run, walk run but only started that 2 weeks ago

Hey I hope you don't mind me adding to this ... I'd def keep a food diary and weigh everything! However if it keeps up I'd recommend seeing your drs ... It took me 8 months to finally get referred to the hospital and I've been diagnosed with hormone imbalance which makes weight loss pretty impossible with the whole "eat less do more" I'm waiting for hrt however in the meantime I've found vlcd is actually shifting some weight! Good luck

defo going to write everything down from now and see what the heck is going on

Back