Eat, Sleep, Weigh, Repeat'

Morning. Starting my day with a coffee.. had a great night sleep

Breakfast- ff yog, blueberries amd strawberries. Honey (1) 2 boiled eggs mid morning

Lunch- leftover mayflower curry and noodles. I will count 3 syns fir sauce.

Tea- macaroni bake (1.5) with added chicken and peppers. I will serve with brocolli. Hexa and if i dont have my hexb i will add a breadcrumb topping

Snacks-

Todays run..prepping for saturdays 5k

ForumRunner_20140224_102337.png

I'm signed up to the manchester 10k... but I've never done a 5k... and at the moment, don't really run at all. I'm thinking I might start with a mile tonight? The 10k is in May, so it's fast approaching now so think I need to get some hard training in.

What app do you use for yours?

Wow! Well done for signing up to 10k! Although i really think you should start training today!
The app is called ' strava' its really good! You get lots of details if your run and it also stores them all and you can beat your times.

Have you a 'parkrun' in your area? Find out as that would be great for you. Its 5k run every week. Irs free and really fun!

Yes my plan is to start tonight with 1 mile... hopefully I will run most of it.....

I'm a member of a gym, and I quite like running on the treadmill as I can see how far I'm going and what kind of speed I'm doing. But I've not done anything on the treadmill for a good few weeks now. I had managed to get up to doing around 2 miles walking/running intervals.

I'll have a look at the park runs, I do remember seeing them a few weeks ago but then chickened out of doing it on my own. Will see if I can find a friend to do them with.

Agree that I like free app's!
I'm pretty scared of running really, and I only signed myself up for the 10k to try and encourage me to get into the training for it. However, I kind of stuck my head in the sand and now all of a sudden its not actually that far off....

My plan is...
Start tonight. Download the app and go for a 1 mile run - I'll attempt to run more a less the whole 1 mile.

Then I'll attempt to do at least 1 mile every night this week. Barring wednesday as I have Kettlebells and Metafit that night, however I could maybe do a mile on the treadmill after it if I'm feeling ok.

I think I'd rather just attempt to run the whole thing rather than do interval stuff...? I sometimes feel like I'm getting no where with these couch to 5k things? However what do i know? I'm basically a beginner.

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes. My boyfriend said he will come with me for some support and so I can go in the dark as well Ha.

Back