Eat, Sleep, Weigh, Repeat'

That's a lot of money. ..but I do.think buy once and buy good!
I've seen so many people on IG have the polarFT4. its only £50 and seems popular!

Oh. Is it not mainly for indoor activity and calories burned though? The Garmin is good for their own garmin connect dashboard and analysis which is good for training etc. You can analyse your activity over a long period and it can sync with strava etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

My Garmin does both but if your stuff is mainly indoor then polar is maybe better and a lower price I think. If it's primarily running though, I'd def go garmin.

What do you want it for? You don't calorie count so as long as you're active and pushing yourself, why would you want a watch? I always think they're good if you're calorie counting, HR zone training or training for speed/distances xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I've wanted one for ages but what I want it for I do get off strava, I just don't know how accurate it is. especially calories burnt.
I'd like to know how many cals burnt whilst running and doing home workouts. I think it would push me more and give me extra motivation to go that bit further. ...

Morning! Well I feel discusting !! I've ate far too much rubbish I've put on 2lb which takes me up to 9.1. my skin is spotty, I feel awful and unfit just over 4 days!
I would say I'm back on it now but we don't have a lot of food in except leftover bbq bits so I have no plan for food today but my body is screaming for healthy food!!

I'm with you on eating too much over the last few days and now feeling a bit rubbish Becki! So glad to be back on plan again! xxx

Morning! Well I feel discusting !! I've ate far too much rubbish I've put on 2lb which takes me up to 9.1. my skin is spotty, I feel awful and unfit just over 4 days!
I would say I'm back on it now but we don't have a lot of food in except leftover bbq bits so I have no plan for food today but my body is screaming for healthy food!!

Know what you mean after a chocolate filled easter my body is craving the good food. ☺

Well done on the run!

Glad I'm not the only one Becki! I was so frustrated with myself this morning, had that tight waistband feeling.

Watch wise. Most people I run with have a Garmin and sweatshop did have it on offer the 110 forerunner at £84.99 I think. If you are set on running and will make use of the GPS then this is definitely a good buy. I bought mine from Aldi and that was £75, which at the time was a lot cheaper than garmin, but I do wish I'd waited and gone for the garmin.
Although another option is to use phone app's for your GPS? I tend to use Strava and then use the Polar for indoor activity/heart rate/calories etc.

I have both and like them both for different reasons. I got the polar initially because my activity was mostly indoors - Zumba, spin, bootcamp etc but once I started running I wanted to know my gps and don't like running with my phone in my bra because of the links it has with breast cancer so decided to upgrade. I totally love it, but it is a lot more money.

Don't worry about the 2lbs. They'll be gone in no time :) x

Thanks for the advice. to be honest I think the garmins are a good novelty but strava is doing everything I need for the moment.
I put my phone in a bumbag whilst running pip , as I need water and it has a little pocket for a small water bottle.

just got back from a 6k run. although I woke with a sore right foot. It hurts to walk on it to be honest and I shouldn't of gone but I felt I had to! bit of ice and rest today and hopefully it will be okay tomorrow!

We were round the parents last night for tea which was a huge lamb dinner , and red wine! my mum is starting slimming world though next week so hopefully she does well and this could benefit me! lol

In that case get a polar. Watching my calories burning definitely pushes me to do more!

Good on your mum! Does she have much to lose? I imagine her to be tiny like you!

she is around 13st I think. All the girls in my family carry our weight around our tummies. but all have collar bones and really tiny wrists. ..its weird!

she is around 13st I think. All the girls in my family carry our weight around our tummies. but all have collar bones and really tiny wrists. ..its weird!

Same with me, Becki. My wrists and fingers are the only tiny part of me!!

My Mum wants to lose some weight to (and get my Dad to lose some!) so I've suggested SW :) xx

It will definitely help with family doing sw too! my mum's dinners are huge and always heavy!

food for today

breakfast- crunchy nut cereal with almond milk

lunch- kirstys Spanish chicken ready meal :/

tea- chicken rarebit. ..I think!

I'm not on any plan atm. ..weaning myself back onto some sort of healthy eating

my foot kills!! hobble hobble!

Back