"Eat Water" Pasta, noodles and rice

MAndrews

Hi all.

I recently got to try "Zero Noodles" - just a few strands of it mixed in with a green salad, with that sweet chilli sauce as dressing. I thought it was strange but rather nice! So, that got me investigating just what these noodles are....

As it turns out, "Eat Water" pastas, shirataki noodles, as well as Konjac/Glucomannan all work in a similar way with that soluble fibre swelling up and taking up space in the stomach to create saiety/feeling of fullness.

Who's tried them, and what do you think?

Incidentally, I want to share this link for the powdered fibre that is in the noodles. It seems to be least expensive amongst online shops.

Glucomannan Powder | Konjac Fibre from BULK POWDERS

Hey all. I splashed out and bought some konjac noodles on Amazon. The delivery date was meant to have been next week but they got delivered today!

I ate half a pack just a few moments ago. I rinsed it under the kitchen tap in a big bowl, put aside about 1/2 a packet's worth in a food storage tub and cooked the rest, with a beef stock cube to make the broth.

I can binge eat under certain circumstances, but, after half a packet of those gelatinous noodles, I am feeling quite stuffed!! I feel a bit greedy for more food but am also aware that I can't eat all that much more. This is going well so far. :)

Hmm... hungry again after 3 hours. :-/

Hungry enough to eat the remaining half pack. This time cooked with Sainsbury's red Thai curry sauce, with some added ground pepper and small dash of olive oil.

Okay... my body must have wised up to the fact that the noodles had zero energy as I was woken up in the middle of the night by hunger, at about 4am. I chose not to eat and went back to sleep.

I had a coffee when I got up, had eggs and bacon for breakfast, and now am having my second coffee. Feeling good :)

Hokay... just getting this stuff dialled in... Eating the noodles by themselves turns out to be quite hard to digest, but to have them with real food like veggies and meat works great. :)

i got to try these

Hiya. They're worth investigating but I can understand why they are not everyone's cup of tea. I shaved off 500kcal from my food with them yesterday and boy did I feel miserable.

I actually think that the konjac powder works better - if you cap them yourself. Today I don't feel nearly as bad, and was able to do a workout as well.

Incidentally I pretty much don't eat bread, and because I am lactose sensitive, I have cut out almost all dairy too. And all but a few sips of bubbly last week at a birthday do, I have been tee-total for 2 months.

But that fat is like some infantile, clingy boyfriend that refuse to be dumped! Help - my fat is stalking me!!! LOL.

lol lol they lasy bit had me laughing my head they sell them at our health shop so im going to give them a try if i do not like them i loose nothing i really must cut the bread and carbs i know there my downfall

Hiya. They're worth investigating but I can understand why they are not everyone's cup of tea. I shaved off 500kcal from my food with them yesterday and boy did I feel miserable.

I actually think that the konjac powder works better - if you cap them yourself. Today I don't feel nearly as bad, and was able to do a workout as well.

Incidentally I pretty much don't eat bread, and because I am lactose sensitive, I have cut out almost all dairy too. And all but a few sips of bubbly last week at a birthday do, I have been tee-total for 2 months.

But that fat is like some infantile, clingy boyfriend that refuse to be dumped! Help - my fat is stalking me!!! LOL.

Hi may I join your thread, like Chezz I was laughing my head off about the clingy boyfriend !! xx

Hi JaneB - great to have you on board as well. Hope you like these funky noodles as they are really growing on me.

What I find as a "trick" to make them more palateable, is to "dry fry" them in a non-stick pan, let them shrivel up a bit, THEN add the sauces, flavourings etc.

So far I have tried with:

- Dorito's hot salsa and it goes with the noodles fine, a bit like a spicy meatless spag-bol.
- Thai red curry sauce - pretty good.
- Sweet chilli sauce - probably the best!!
- Mixed in with green leaf salad with a lemongrass dressing
- cooking the noodles with broth made from stock cube "works" but not that great.

The best thing about them is that they stave off the hunger, but the body does wise up to the fact that it has no actual fuel to burn so it might be a good idea to substitute the noodles for something that is in a meal, than to have it on its own.

Hi JaneB - great to have you on board as well. Hope you like these funky noodles as they are really growing on me.

What I find as a "trick" to make them more palateable, is to "dry fry" them in a non-stick pan, let them shrivel up a bit, THEN add the sauces, flavourings etc.

So far I have tried with:

- Dorito's hot salsa and it goes with the noodles fine, a bit like a spicy meatless spag-bol.
- Thai red curry sauce - pretty good.
- Sweet chilli sauce - probably the best!!
- Mixed in with green leaf salad with a lemongrass dressing
- cooking the noodles with broth made from stock cube "works" but not that great.

The best thing about them is that they stave off the hunger, but the body does wise up to the fact that it has no actual fuel to burn so it might be a good idea to substitute the noodles for something that is in a meal, than to have it on its own.

Evening MA, might give these funky noodles a try, hubby loves noodles see if he can taste the difference. xx

Hi everyone. What I have found so far is that what deficit of calories I create by eating these noodles, my body susses it out and INSISTS that I eat... for 2 days I have given in and ate toast with peanut butter late in the atfternoon.... talk about one step forward five steps back... Uh.... duh.

To combat that, I am going to take the konjac powder that I have already capped into capsules with me, and pop them when I feel the hunger coming on. Grrr...

This hunger in the afternoon a bit more than a will power thing as I was getting distractingly *HUNGRY* and was not able to really function. And it kicks in just after the 3 hour mark.... Hmmm.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I am exercising first thing in the morning. Nothing much, just 8 rounds of something called "Tabata". In essence it's an all out high intensity thing - for just 20 seconds, then rest, i.e.do nothing for 10 seconds, and repeat..... There are many free apps out there on Google Play and that's where I got mine from. For the workout I use a 12kg holdall, filled with grit - just doing lifting exercises, and kettlebell swings. What I do differs from the original Tabata Protocol, but the 20:10 on/off ratio remains the same. I am trying to fool the body into thinking that, "Wake the bleep up!! There are rhinos stampeding this way, move, or get Darwined!"

So far I do feel a bit more resilience to the colder weather. Where people are in their winter coats and scarves, I am in a windproof jacket without the lining. So... look into that whichever way you want :) I'd like to think that my basal metabolic rate is elevated by the morning mini-thrash. Enough to work up a sweat, not enough to compromise my immunity.

Morning MA i exercise on the wii half an hour in the morning until I can get myself back into it where I was doing 1.5 to 2hrs daily. xx

Back