Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Cruise PV eaten butternut squash -now mild panic!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by curvygirlie, 23 October 2011 Social URL.

1. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    PV day today
    Just eaten 1/4 of a roasted BNS, (it was absolutely delicious and tasted like a chestnut)

i'd checked on here and the book which says BNS can be eaten unlimited but i thought I wouldn't go mad and make a pig of myself by eating the whole thing so just ate a quarter.

Sorry, i'm waffling aren't I....

anyway, just googled the nutritional value for BNS and can't understand why it's unlimited and carrot isn't?

Have any ladies experienced a stall after BNS??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Brownie_Earthquake

Brownie_Earthquake Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(15.63%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Honestly a butternut squash is my ultimate guilty pleasure on this diet - so much so I created a thread just like this - I could eat a whole one too - slow roasted with black pepper and a dusting of Splenda :eek:

I think the reason that carrots are limited is because of the sugar content, which I believe the squash does not have.

I have worried about the squash causing stalling too, and as it is a fairly carby vegetable, it is best kept in limited quantities. I personally have limited myself to once every week or 10 days. At the moment I am on pumpkins, whilst they're in season - I believe they are nutritionally lower in the sugars and carbs than the squash.

4. Teddy67

Teddy67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'm very dubious of butternut squash too - was out and about lunchtime and they had butternut squash soup on the menu - so had that.

I just love it roasted - but as said it's far too sweet and delicious not to be very wary of?

5. CHRISR

CHRISR Gold Member

Diet:
    Low GI
    Ive had BNS every week sometimes twice and never stalled - roasting some tomorrow :)

6. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    i'm really struggling to get my head 'round the fact that BNS won't cause a stall.

BNS has a higher GI than carrots if i'm not mistaken?

I guess i'll find out soon enough at 2moro mornings step-on-the-scales!

7. slimdreamer

slimdreamer Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    IE
    I will be interested to hear your results Curvygirlie. I have already mentioned it here but a few weekends ago after checking here and another Dukan forum I roasted one and ate it over the two days, both pv. I gained 2.5 lbs! I can only put it down to the bns and I have only just now got rid of the 2.5 lbs.

By the way it was delicious but I cannot afford to have it again. :( Having said that, you only had 1/4, I ate 1/2 two days in a row. :eek:

8. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    100g lost this morning :):):)

The best case scenario I was expecting was a STS, especially as yesterday was a PV day, so I am very pleased with a loss (regardless of how small it is)

9. ellie1969

ellie1969 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Well done, I'm looking forward to having bns once the kitchens done and I can cook again lol

10. malevolentnuzzler87

malevolentnuzzler87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    If anything I think butternut squash can help (in limited amounts :) )

I have friends on dukan who have stalled for weeks, and had butternut squash which seems to start the weight loss again. I think it was so different to what they had been having before (as they also thought it was too good to be true so gave it a miss for the diet :) ) that it kick started there metabolism working again...

Just a thought :)

11. slimdreamer

slimdreamer Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    IE
    Well done Curvygirlie!

That is good news about the bns but I think I will give it a miss for a little while. I love it so much can't just eat a 1/4, sadly I end up eating the lot!:eek:

12. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    i've got 3/4 of a full one left in the fridge so will have it again later this week and see what happens.

But yes, I agree -it's so moreish! the 1/4 i had yesterday was quite filling but I could've easily eaten the lot! it was only the thought of a huge gain this morning that stopped me..

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.