Cruise PV eaten butternut squash -now mild panic!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by curvygirlie, 23 October 2011 Social URL.

1. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    PV day today
    Just eaten 1/4 of a roasted BNS, (it was absolutely delicious and tasted like a chestnut)

i'd checked on here and the book which says BNS can be eaten unlimited but i thought I wouldn't go mad and make a pig of myself by eating the whole thing so just ate a quarter.

Sorry, i'm waffling aren't I....

anyway, just googled the nutritional value for BNS and can't understand why it's unlimited and carrot isn't?

Have any ladies experienced a stall after BNS??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Brownie_Earthquake

Brownie_Earthquake Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(15.63%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Honestly a butternut squash is my ultimate guilty pleasure on this diet - so much so I created a thread just like this - I could eat a whole one too - slow roasted with black pepper and a dusting of Splenda :eek:

I think the reason that carrots are limited is because of the sugar content, which I believe the squash does not have.

I have worried about the squash causing stalling too, and as it is a fairly carby vegetable, it is best kept in limited quantities. I personally have limited myself to once every week or 10 days. At the moment I am on pumpkins, whilst they're in season - I believe they are nutritionally lower in the sugars and carbs than the squash.

4. Teddy67

Teddy67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'm very dubious of butternut squash too - was out and about lunchtime and they had butternut squash soup on the menu - so had that.

I just love it roasted - but as said it's far too sweet and delicious not to be very wary of?

5. CHRISR

CHRISR Gold Member

Diet:
    Dukan
    Ive had BNS every week sometimes twice and never stalled - roasting some tomorrow :)

6. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    i'm really struggling to get my head 'round the fact that BNS won't cause a stall.

BNS has a higher GI than carrots if i'm not mistaken?

I guess i'll find out soon enough at 2moro mornings step-on-the-scales!

7. slimdreamer

slimdreamer Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    IE
    I will be interested to hear your results Curvygirlie. I have already mentioned it here but a few weekends ago after checking here and another Dukan forum I roasted one and ate it over the two days, both pv. I gained 2.5 lbs! I can only put it down to the bns and I have only just now got rid of the 2.5 lbs.

By the way it was delicious but I cannot afford to have it again. :( Having said that, you only had 1/4, I ate 1/2 two days in a row. :eek:

8. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    100g lost this morning :):):)

The best case scenario I was expecting was a STS, especially as yesterday was a PV day, so I am very pleased with a loss (regardless of how small it is)

9. ellie1969

ellie1969 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Well done, I'm looking forward to having bns once the kitchens done and I can cook again lol

10. malevolentnuzzler87

malevolentnuzzler87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    If anything I think butternut squash can help (in limited amounts :) )

I have friends on dukan who have stalled for weeks, and had butternut squash which seems to start the weight loss again. I think it was so different to what they had been having before (as they also thought it was too good to be true so gave it a miss for the diet :) ) that it kick started there metabolism working again...

Just a thought :)

11. slimdreamer

slimdreamer Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    IE
    Well done Curvygirlie!

That is good news about the bns but I think I will give it a miss for a little while. I love it so much can't just eat a 1/4, sadly I end up eating the lot!:eek:

12. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    i've got 3/4 of a full one left in the fridge so will have it again later this week and see what happens.

But yes, I agree -it's so moreish! the 1/4 i had yesterday was quite filling but I could've easily eaten the lot! it was only the thought of a huge gain this morning that stopped me..

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.