Eating all your points....

Starlight

Gold Member
WW is such a different diet to a lot, well most others, NOTHING is offlimits to us be it chocolate, take away, crisps or whatever - so long as its pointed and within your limits.

Sometimes, ok a lot of the times, its hard to get your head round the fact that eating that bar of chocolate ISNT going to ruin your weeks wi results, and eating that bag of crisps or having that takeaway is fine. I think most of us still have a mindset that 'bad' food is a no no and feel guilty.

The other thing Ive noticed more and more is people almost being scared to use their points, theres a common misconception that the less you eat the more weight you lose. Yes to a degree thats true, but like most diets, WW is carefully planned and structured and your points allowance is set for a reason. Whatever your points allowance is you HAVE to have them. You can bank NO MORE than 4 a day, but if you do bank them, theyre meant to be used by the end of the week. Eating way under your points, tempting though it can be at times, is totally counter productive. It WONT speed your weight loss up, in fact itll slow it down.

Resist the urge to cut back your points, have that extra bar of chocolate, or sandwich or what ever itll take to get your points up to where they should be.

Remember the beauty of WW is being able to eat what you want, when you want - enjoy it :)

Hmmm that wasnt meant to sound like a lecture :eek:

thanks for that post i totally agree with you...looking at what you have lost to date is an inspiration! your achievements show us that by following the ww diet correctly we can all achieve our goals
!

Agreed Starlight! ....... I did that on my second week! only ate about 14 a day! .. and guess what i stayed the same! ... It is so hard to retrain your body to think "hey i can have choccie!" and its FINE !!!!!!! hehe it is tough going! but the brain does eventually catch up! .. I now eat all my points and somtimes if i dont eat them all i save them towards a chinese hehe .. or that all important choccie bar!

Thanks starlight xxx

I enjoyed your lecture:p haha I know what you mean. normally I have all of my points and thoroughly enjoy them but yesterday I just couldn't eat I don't know why. Oh well I shall make up for it today :D.

oh bu**er!!! Just started a thread about (accidentally) having 11 points under my allowance yesterday!:cry:

WW is such a different diet to a lot, well most others, NOTHING is offlimits to us be it chocolate, take away, crisps or whatever - so long as its pointed and within your limits.

You can bank NO MORE than 4 a day, but if you do bank them, theyre meant to be used by the end of the week.

:( I really struggle to keep within my points fri, sat and sun!!! If I go over by 4 points on these days and have then 4 less on the remaining days do you think I would lose? This may stop me going off it competely.

I would probably depend on how many you went over by but if you can earn some back by staying under the rest of the week you'll hopefully be OK :) (providing WI isn't 1st thing monday morning LOL ;))

lol at Starlight!! :giggle:

I think sumtimes it's tempting to have less points because when you have them all you don't feel like you're on a diet really.

I've learnt to get a real buzz out of being able to "still have my cake and eat it" so to speak!

For example...I'm now down to 21 points a day, but ate 32 on the Bank Holiday with a gorgeous meal at my Mum's.. safe in the knowledge that I could "atone" for it later.

I need to "find" half a point from today, I've cropped a few from each day this week, and then I'm back on track. I have eaten under my points, but it doesn't work, you get hungry, miserable and the weight loss doesn't happen as you want, so you get demoralized and fall off the wagon.

Stick as close as you can to your points, but be honest, monitor your portion sizes and don't lie on your tracker.. after all, you're only lying to yourself! And learn not to let the self loathing that can accompany the odd slip take over... after all, you didn't pile it all on overnight and it isn't going to come off overnight either!!

It takes a long time to get your head sorted, never mind your body!! :rolleyes:

I totally agree I think the hardest thing about being on a diet is getting your head sorted. It annoys me when people think it's easy for other people to lose weight because they don't realise that it actually is a whole lifestyle change.

I think when you first think about losing weight you picture having to eat lettuce leaves for months so weightwatchers feels a bit weird!

More enjoyable tho hehe :party0036:

I started on 28 points a day way back at the beginning of my diet.. and couldn't work out how come I could eat more than my friends who had less to lose.. but it takes more calories to run a larger body on a daily basis, hence the less points you get the further towards your goal you get.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra 9 points a day you get when you're maintaining!!! But can't wait to find out!

Hope everyone has had a "good" day!

Funnily enough I went to bed with the same thing..... AND 2 black magic chocolates! I love this diet!

WI tomorrow....... well today really, as I'm up to my usual middle of the night wandering. Hoping that today the scales read 12stone something for the first time since 1995!

Funnily enough I went to bed with the same thing..... AND 2 black magic chocolates! I love this diet!

WI tomorrow....... well today really, as I'm up to my usual middle of the night wandering. Hoping that today the scales read 12stone something for the first time since 1995!

let us no how you do huni x

Oh I doubt I'll have any trouble eating my points :p:D

Good luck for your WI - some good vibes for you that it's 12 stone something :vibes::vibes:
x

I started on 28 points a day way back at the beginning of my diet.. and couldn't work out how come I could eat more than my friends who had less to lose.. but it takes more calories to run a larger body on a daily basis, hence the less points you get the further towards your goal you get.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the extra 9 points a day you get when you're maintaining!!! But can't wait to find out!

Hope everyone has had a "good" day!

well done on your weight loss so far! OMG have you achieved all this weight loss by just doing ww, when did you start, how are you finding it! Well done again!xxx

Back