Eating exercise calories?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by coops1980, 27 May 2014.

1. coops1980

coops1980 Member

Im planning on starting a calorie controlled diet tomorrow 1200 per day but i want to be able to have a drink or two in the evening and maybe a chocolate bar - if i burn these calories off before I eat/drink these will i still lose weight?
  2. coops1980

coops1980 Member

Anyone? :)
  3. PrincessSparklePants

PrincessSparklePants Little Miss Christmas

According to the people on MFP some do eat theirs back.

I don't as a rule, but I'd say that it'd still work as long as you had a deficit from your BMR :)

Perhaps ask in the Calorie Counting forum as others will be able to help more :)

Have you worked out your proper stats rather than picking a low number for yourself? A low number too soon will harm your chances of losing weight long term and doesn't leave you anywhere to decrease too.
  4. ingeh

ingeh Well-Known Member

I eat mine back because I follow mfp. It works out your calories based on just doing day to day living so if they give you 1400cals to eat and then you burn 200cals that means you can have those extra 200 to get back to your goal of 1400cals, if that makes sense. I eat them back because otherwise I get too hungry and Im aiming to give my body enough food to manage the workouts and day to day things. I feel too sluggish and tired if I dont eat all my calories or get within 100cals to goal