eating fat to burn fat

geordiegirl

i don't think i'm eating enough fat

i do fry in EVOO and butter but thats it , and some times a few nuts , but usually its chicken and veg or some mince based food

any ideas on how to step it up ???:)

pork scratchings? are you havin your cheese and dairy allowance? hard cheese has more fat. Also what bout chorizo?

The cheese burger pie Im sure got my weight moving again due to the high fat!
Made another 1 today : o )

woofy x

i do have porkies but i get a bit bored with them

not a lover of cheese unless its cooked

good idea on chirizo .....i love it .mMMmmMm

i'm thinking , i could have a pork chop with the fat left on ............never done that in years ...........yAAAa to low carb

i love crispy pork or steak fat :)

i dont like fat on meat but will hapily eat cheese so its all good here lol

Just finished filling in myfitnesspal and it calculates my fat content to 101g for the day, 1268 calories, 13g carbs and 52g protein. Does that not seem excessive on the fat intake? :confused:

Oh thank god for that! Linz to my rescue yet again!

Thanks hun, hope you're feeling better soon :patback: xx

Get a hot water bottle as well - it works for me :D xx

I've been playing with that, my fat rating is over 200 for the day. Geordiegirl, you shouldn't fry in EVOO it's smoke point is way too low.

I hardly ever eat chicken, I eat a lot of meat and I don't trim the fat off it, just make sure it's nice and crispy.

Oh Jim, the only way I can eat fat on red meat is if I cremate it by which time you can usually snap the meat in half! Still managing to have a fat intake of 100g though so not too bad! ;)

I've been playing with that, my fat rating is over 200 for the day. Geordiegirl, you shouldn't fry in EVOO it's smoke point is way too low.

I hardly ever eat chicken, I eat a lot of meat and I don't trim the fat off it, just make sure it's nice and crispy.

Hi Jim Morning

From past history doing gym work with a fitness trainer they say you can eat too little to put weight on the body stores food, would you agree.

Last edited:
Oh yes Stephen, I totally agree with that. That's why starvation diets don't work really. Of course in the end you will lose weight but it will be a long drawn out process, you only have to look at the hunger strikers in the early '80's to see how long you can go without eating.

I used to do a lot of gym work as well Stephen and yes it is true, you have to eat to lose otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and slows down your metabolism ;) Especially when exercising you end up using lean muscle instead of fat as your body wants to keep hold of it in starvation mode. Hope this helps :D

My diet for today
cals 1247 carbs 17 fat 72 protein 60

Jeez Vicky, you're on the ball today :sigh:

ive done mine until friday :) even counted the wine for friday already lol.

Back