Eating habits

Daydreambeliever

I am on a new day one-many blips along the way.I am physically hungry-but can cope with that because I am relying on ketosis to kick in in a few days-but what I am finding SO SO hard is my emotional hunger...or is it habit? Will this go away? Am I 'hungry' cause thats what I do-eat because the food is in front of me, or I'm bored,stressed etc??
I'm sure all of us-overweight or not, have some degree of emotional eating/drinking etc, but will it lessen? Have any of you found it lessens as you continue on this cd journey?
Thanks, ddb. x

Hey

This is a hurdle many of us have had to face and it can be a difficult but liberating journey.

Many of us realise we have never let ourselves experience our emotions properly as we have previously eaten to "silence" them and make ourselves feel better. Suddenly we don't have that anymore and it can be overwhelming to have to ride the emotion wave.

A lot of us start carrying pen and paper to help us through this.. because first of all you have to figure out what the emotion is .. e.g. you are angry but what about .. are you hurt by someones actions? Do you feel disrespected? Do you feel your boundaries have been crossed?

Once you have identified the emotion you then have to deal with it .. by expressing yourself .. and this can be the hard part ... particularly if you are not used to expressing your emotions/ standing up for your emotional needs. Friends and family may suddenly find us acting different, not being so passive etc.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/MH00025 is a good starting point for some reading.

This is also a good article Quitting Distraction – Time To Experience the Feelings and Make The Changes | Baggage Reclaim and if you look under the "boundaries" tag on the home page you will find others. Although it appears directed at "romantic relationships" the articles can be applied to any sort of relationship.. family, friends, lovers, etc

Last edited:
Back