Eating Late at Night

LouiseD

Does anyone regularly eat late of a night, by late im talking after 8/9pm.
I know its been said that you shouldnt eat after 7pm but wondered if people thinks this affects their weight loss?

To loose weight you need to expend more calories than you take in and the time of day you eat the calories makes no difference. I regularly eat after 8/9pm as I go to the gym early evening and don't eat a meal before exercising. It made no difference to my weight loss. The only thing I can see is eating a big meal shortly before bed might disturb your sleep as your body is still digesting the food.

LouiseD, from Liverpool, who has lost loads of weight? Hmmm... do I know you? :p

Hmmmm Vicky from Liverpool who is having a love affair with White nimble bread seems a tad familiar too :D

I guess from your replies it is just an urban myth......kinda good seen as though i just munched a bacon and egg butty
Thanks guys x

A bacon and egg butty on WHITE NIMBLE BREAD??? nom!

Lol you two!!I regularly sit down after 8.30 as by the time I sort out tea, getting Daughter to bed, its late.

I dont think it effects my losses.

i have heard that it does not affect weight loss that you can eat at that time although it dosent agree with me as i dont sleep well if i eat to late.

I rarely eat my tea before 8pm and it doesn't seem to make much difference. I also tend to save my syns all day and have them last thing at night in the form of chocolate or ice cream, gives me something to look forward to!

today i eat my dinner so late, but not hungry but need to eat. i reach home an hour late due to police blockage every where due to floor! so have to travel far away into other town when it is just 10 min away from asda to home. but i have to drive longer!

today i eat 8.30pm late!! i have brown thin sandwich spread with fat free cottage cheese, half baby avaocodo, 1 tsp hummus from asda. with 4 slice of cucumber and put omellete in it. omelette have frozen spinach which i put bit water n put to microwave then warm it and mix it in egg mix with half red onion and some black peppers. other side i have 2 big potato maris chips which i boil 10 min then oven over 50 min! have some carrot chips too. along with baked bean on it. then 9pm i eat my 2 oranges slice into wedges.

but my bed time is 10pm and is worry whether i should not eat these dinner which i normally eat before 7pm.

help please!!

today i eat my dinner so late, but not hungry but need to eat. i reach home an hour late due to police blockage every where due to floor! so have to travel far away into other town when it is just 10 min away from asda to home. but i have to drive longer!

today i eat 8.30pm late!! i have brown thin sandwich spread with fat free cottage cheese, half baby avaocodo, 1 tsp hummus from asda. with 4 slice of cucumber and put omellete in it. omelette have frozen spinach which i put bit water n put to microwave then warm it and mix it in egg mix with half red onion and some black peppers. other side i have 2 big potato maris chips which i boil 10 min then oven over 50 min! have some carrot chips too. along with baked bean on it. then 9pm i eat my 2 oranges slice into wedges.

but my bed time is 10pm and is worry whether i should not eat these dinner which i normally eat before 7pm.

help please!!

Hi there, as long as it does not effect your sleep when eating that late, it does not matter. As long as you stick to the plan you can eat any time you want :). Enjoy

Back