Eating Out: Indian Curry

Lucky7

Lucky7
On the SW eating out guide it says that chicken dhansak is 6.5 syns on a red day. Do you think that a prawn one woud be the same?? 6.5 syns seems very low for a curry. Hmmm.

I'm on EE day so can have boilded rice free.

Can't see there'd be any difference between chicken and prawns.

Some curries are quite low in syns - just avoid any that use cream, coconut milk, etc!

If you're getting take-away you may also want to check the weight of your portion - may change things a bit!

Think the idea is to go out and eat in the restaurant. This is the first hang-over free New Years Day we've ever had as a couple (in 19 years together - was our anniversary of getting together last night too). Not sure how we managed that one! Anyway - not fussed about going to the pub like normally would on a Friday, but would be good to get out of the house.

obvs you cant weigh your food when u eat out, but iv never bothered to weigh a take away either..

i love a chicken rogan josh for treat.. Also 6.5 syns.. at the end of the day... i can make many a home dishes for more syns than that.. so concidering the syns.. id suggest u just go out and enjoy it. i doubt youd be over 15 at all if you really wanted to guestamate size etc. and i only ever count 6.5 whether i think its the amount (g's) that sw suggests or not.

6.5 for a curry.. boiled rice and some nice suger free soft drinks.. cant go wrong with that for a sw friendly night out! x

Back