Eating Out on Dukan

Dohnuts

Hellooo,

So my parents are coming to visit me next week and I'm freaking out a little. Usually when they visit we spend the day at a couple of bars and eat lunch and dinner at restaurants. This time I'm going to be unable to drink, which I've already told them but they don't believe me, but neither they nor I have any choice in the matter it's out of the question - so I shall be sticking to diet coke, despite the fact that it's Six Nations Wales v France! :D And I'm not quite sure of what I'm doing to be able to eat as everything nowadays is cooked in oil and covered in sauces and dressings.

Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how they manage when they're at a restaurant, what kind of foods you go for and what I could maybe ask for. Are there any dressings I can have such as lemon dressings? I'm quite a plain eater anyway, for example I hate mayonnaise and everything ALWAYS comes with mayonnaise so I'm used to asking for things without something but with Dukan it's really strict and I don't want to be all pedantic.

Any thoughts?
Dani xx

Plain steaks

Chicken

Prawns

Salads and veg

Restaurants will always oblige if you tell them you want your food plain, without sauce or dressing etc Harvester is a fab place to go when on Dukan

cant go wrong with steak and salad and tell them no dressings. Tuna steak widly available and as for drinking let mam and dad drink and you stick to your diet coke and once they see your happy with your choices they will be fine. Enjoy their visit x

Thanks guys :) If I were to go for a steak what cut would you say is the best/leanest? Is the fillet usually the leanest?

Avoid ribeye but all other cuts good - if you go for a roast stick to veg and meat only and miss out the yorkshire and pots - I often have a teeny amount of sauce with meats and veg and it didn't affect my weight loss...... Really isn't so bad eating out on Dukan - also have things like chargrilled prawns or chicken to start.....

Like the others I go for steak or Chicken breast & veggies or salad. I have also in the past asked for a burger but without the bun and a salad instead or gone somewhere that does tapas style dishes so you can pick the things that are allowed on the diet, or if there is a starter that you like and can have ask to have it as a main portion size.. To be honest I think most restaurants these days are happy to accommodate most requests

I am out on Weds and fully intend on having the steak or chicken salad. The steak comes with chips and peas, but I am hoping they'll swap it for salad.

If it ends up being a hot meat dish, seasonal veggies would be ok and just avoid the potatoes.

I think I'll probs go for a grilled chicken salad for lunch and then a nice fillet steak for dinner with some veggies if poss :D I'm actually quite looking forward to it l havent had beef in sooo long xD then on Sunday I reckon I'll go for salmon :) mmm

You can have beef on the diet, have you not been eating it cos you couldn't or is it a cost thing. I must admit i buy aldi cheapest or reduced in asda LOL.

It's a mix of the cost and the fact that chicken or turkey is so much quicker and easier (I'm a hopeless cook) haha and also because the fat content is higher. It'll be nice to have it in a restaurant as a treat! :D

It's a mix of the cost and the fact that chicken or turkey is so much quicker and easier (I'm a hopeless cook) haha and also because the fat content is higher. It'll be nice to have it in a restaurant as a treat! :D

Beef is higher in protein though, the fat content is kinda irrelevant

I can understand what you mean about easier, but i only buy the sliced pieces of beef so its a fillet and i can fry it. Take 2mins per side if the pan is hot enough. I do like to put sauces with it, vietnamese beef being the fave by far. Google some recipes hun, its worth it.

Back