Cruise PP eating out with dukan

StefRose

Are there any restaurant chains that are easier to eat out at?? Xx

I normally go for nandos and have chicken breast with ratatouille (not sure of it's 100% dukan though). I had a Frankie and Bennies last week I went for salmon and asked for extra veg and salad instead of potatoes

Would things like a grilled chicken salad from McDonalds or a Chicken subway/Ham subway minus the roll but with salad count?

I'm finding most restaurant will cater for you. I've eaten out in brewers fayre type places and the eat eat ? Chains none of them have had any problems giving me fresh veg instead of potatoes or chips with my meals I usually have steak or venison depending where we are eating

I'd be very careful of chains like McDonalds because things like "Grilled Chicken" are usually "Chicken dipped in a vat with caramel, salt and cornflour, frozen, dusted with more salt, sugar and cornflour, packed, shipped, reheated".

McDonald's fries for example were (are still?) routinely coated in beef tallow before they were frozen, even though they were advertised as "fried in veg oil"

Very interesting re McDonald's Atropos! I wouldn't eat there though if you paid me anyway but interesting to know the things they add, just atrocious!

I wasn't a big MaccieD fan even as a student - but, hand on heart, I haven't stepped inside a branch for 6 years.

I reluctantly had to bring my nephew there a good many years ago because he wanted a 'Happy Meal' but he was so little and all he wanted was the toy so I binned the crap food, gave him the toy and we ate somewhere decent!!! *worst auntie ever!* ;)

And here it is - from McD's own nutritional guideline, the seasoning added to the Grilled Chicken:

rice starch, salt, sugar, yeast extract, canola oil, onion powder, maltodextrin, chicken skin, paprika, flavor, sunflower oil, chicken, garlic powder, chicken fat, spices), sodium phosphates.
Liquid soybean oil and hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oils, water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, soy lecithin,
mono-and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color).

The salad dressing also seems to include parmesan and potato starch.

I am a wicked wicked auntie - I showed my 5 year old niece how to make pink angel delight...

Nandos - plain grilled chicken (PP) with salad (PV)
Yo Sushi - Sashimi
Pubs - Grilled Salmon/Chicken (PP) with veggies or salads (PV)
Subway Salads

Harvester has a lot of options, spit roast chicken, steaks, etc. plus the unlimited salad cart!

Can't believe the ingredients in the McDonalds grilled chicken salad - I have had this numerous times, including twice in the last two weeks! :mad:

Back