Eating out!

MichelleBelle

Trying to resist pancakes today, as I'm eating out tonight and so trying to be good. Not helping this morning as I'm watching This Morning and they are doing everything pancakey!!!!!!!

Having my monthly get together with the girls tonight, last time I resisted pudding and I've done that a few times when I've eaten out. But the will power of choosing the healthy option on the menu still evades me! Any tips on how to do this?

It's safe to say I'm having no snacks today to make up or it, but would still like to choose something that isn't the usual gammon egg and chips!

Hi Michelle,

Where are you going for your meal?! some places actually have main meals under 600cals and like lighter starters or desserts so you can have your 600cal meal and a starter or dessert with your snack allowance!!

but otherwise just make wise choices like if having pasta have a tomoto pasta instead of a creamy one like carbonara. Or if having chicken or something opt for a jacket potato rather than chips etc.

xxx

Thanks Emma, We're just going to the local pub or a meal. To be honest I've never before looked for a 600cal option. Thanks for the tips I'll bear them in mind when choosing this evening instead of just going straight for the usual!

O right well there's bound to be a safer option then.

It's hard isnt it . . . im the easiest person to get caught up in "well if they are eating it so will i" and i give into temptation at the click of the fingers!! lol opps!!

Good luck - let me know how you get on! xxx

p.s places like Frankie and Bennys and Bella Italia have the under 600cal mains :) x x x

Thanks again Emma, I'll let you know how I get on, we're not meeting til 7 either. Hopefully I don't give into snacking temptation before then! The group I'm going with know I'm trying to lose weight but don't know which diet I'm on because I don't like boring people with the details. But they have the whole 1 night off wont hurt mentality. And while I'm sure that's true the less nights off I have the better really. Already decided I'm not going to drink tonight.

yer one night off wont hurt and i think you hold back more than normal on a night off anyway now - i do. cos you know how bloody hard it is to get rid of the weight once its there! lol

just enjoy yourself :) x x x

Yeah, well this week I had a bad start to a day and managed to rescue it and not have a complete write off, determined not to give up so easily now. So hopefully I will choose something not too bad and resist pudding!

Well I didn't do too badly last night. didn't have pudding and din't have chips. I had pasta in a tomato sauce with mushrooms and chicken. The pub we went too didn't have a light option on their menu. so I picked what I thought was best and Didn't eat the garlic bread that came with it. Resisted pudding too!

Pizza tomorrow night! Think that's my day off this week lol

Back