Eating right to be slimbysummer

Maddysmum

Gold Member
Thought id start adding my diaries if thats ok. If i'm getting anything wrong, please let me know
thanks xoxo

RED DAY

Bfast - Nectarine, cup tea with skimmed milk (HEX A) & 1 Hi Fi light cranberry bar (1/2 HEX B)

Lunch - Salmon, lettuce, peppers, Caesar salad light, 2 hard boiled eggs, few bacon bits (done in fry light)

Snack - 3 chunks Dairy milk (gift from my little girl so rude not too) - 4.5 syns ?

Tea
Before Zumba - bowl homemade carrot & coriander soup & 4 ryvita (HEX B)
After - 1 and half pork chops (all visible fat cut off before grilling), aunt bessies swede & carrot, 1 tbsp (made up) gravy (1 syn) & 2 tbsp apple sauce (2 syns)

1 hi fi light choc & caramel (1/2 HEX B)

6 strawberries

so today:
1 x HEX A
2 x HEX B
7.5 syns

Last edited:
Im guessing as lots of people looked at my diary & no-one has commented on it i must be doing something right. So will just continue x

:eating:WI - STS so feel completely fed up and very paranoid about what i eat which is not good.

Dont want to feel like got to be extreme to loose weight but can't bear the thought of staying this weight / size.

Will do another week and go from there. Will try & drink more fluid and use syns wisely.

Watch this space eh!

Tue 11 oct - EXTRA EASY

Tea wi skimmed milk (measured out my 350ml for the day - HEX A)

Hard boiled egg (don't eat lots as at wi at 10.15)

Lunch - bowl homemade carrot & coriander soup with 4 Ryvita (HEX B)

3.00 - cup of proper coffee & piece of strawberry half syn roulade (1/2 syn) mmmmmmmmmm delicious :eating:

Tea - Salmon, trout, new potatoes, leeks, garden peas, fromage frais (stuffed now!)

10pm - going to sit in bed and eat my Wispa bar (10.5 syns) & read the new sw mag

Today
1 HEX A
1 HEX B
11 syns

No exercise tho :( so will make sure do something tomorrow

Last edited:
Hi you say this is a green day but you had trout and salmon for dinner were these a heb if so you need to weigh them if they were not weighed this is an extra easy day ! (which is ok as you only had 1 hea and 1 heb) but i think you may be confused. But your dinner may not have had 1/3 superfree as the only superfree is leeks.

But besides that this is nowhere enough food in my opinion. As you had virtually no breakfast and then lunch was just veg and heb no free food only superfree has your consultant looked at your food diary at all?

Plus day one you don't say what day it is but it looks like red so would be ok.

What Derby nanny said.
Day 1 - if it's a Red Day it's OK.
But you have a problem with Day 2 - if it's a Green day you need to syn or HEX the trout & salmon. Are they a HEX? Did you weigh them? If it's an EE day you need to use 1/3 Superfree with EVERY meal. I very much doubt leeks on its own at dinner was enough. That would need to be a LOT of leeks! :D

Also I agree you're generally not eating anywhere near enough throughout the day - or enough superfree at all.

Tue: sorry - after lunch decided it should be an extra easy day. should have updated it.

Interesting saying im not eating enough - im not hungry but will try and do better tomorrow. As been putting food online not sure which foods were ss so will get books out again.
thanks for the advice, its much appreciated x

Same comments as the others, also, the Caesar dressing, did that have any syns ?
soup, anything in that??

The caesar salad is salad light (like fry light but salad dressin) and is free on all plans

The soup is homemade - carrot, onions, stock cubes. coriander so also free

Today - 12 october has not gone as planned (thought i'd made wise food choices, but now realised not good at all)

RED DAY

Breakfast - 3 shredded wheat (2 HEX B & 3.5 syns), sweetner & skimmed milk (HEX A) - was starving & thought 2 shredded wheat were 1 healthy extra. Knew wouldnt get chance to have lunch so wanted to feel full at bfast.

Lunch - 2 cups tea with semi milk (HEX A) & 1 alpen light bar (3 syns) & 2 hard boiled eggs. (was lunch on the run)

Snack - Another piece of the 0.5 syn roulade i made yesterday
Strawberries (again eaten on the run)

Tea - going to have steak, garlic (SF), mushrooms (SF), onions (SF), aunty bessies swede & carrot (SF).

Juicy melon & grape duo (SF melen & grapes mixed)
Last piece of the 0.5 syn roulade i made yesterday

2 x HEX A
2 x HEX B
6.5 syns

Tomorrow will be healthier, more SF foods to make up for lack of SF today. But least didn't blow it on the syns front.

Last edited:
Not bad choices considering you were on the run, just not enough lunch and no Super Free (not super speed, i think you are still getting these confused) at breakfast or lunch, i think the 2 shredded wheat for a heb is an easy mistake as it is 2 weetabix, but maybe a banana or two and/or a yogurt would fill you up another time (and of course the banana or any other fruit would be your SF)

Not bad choices considering you were on the run, just not enough lunch and no Super Free (not super speed, i think you are still getting these confused) at breakfast or lunch, i think the 2 shredded wheat for a heb is an easy mistake as it is 2 weetabix, but maybe a banana or two and/or a yogurt would fill you up another time (and of course the banana or any other fruit would be your SF)

Only reason no bananas, fruit cause none in the house (shopping tomorrow or tonight if i can be bothered to stock up). Had sooooo much swede, carrot, onions & mushroom with tea so hoping that helps a tad.

Think i'll try and find list of Super Free foods so i can print it off and have a list on the fridge & in my bag.
thanks x

Hi hun. Just spotted your diary and thought I would stop by and say hello :wavey:

I noticed the other day that you had 'liked' an early entry on my diary (February entry I think) ... then there were no more 'likes' so I guess you must have got bored! :8855:

You sound a bit like me ... my diary buddies often tell me I'm not eating enough. It's quite tricky sometimes isn't it? If you are anything like me by the time I make sure I've had my Healthy Extras and at least 1/3 superfree with my meals I've forgotten I've had a HEx and eat another one! :eek:

Stick with it hun ... it's worth it! I'll keep popping in if you like ... keep you on the straight and narrow ;)

Thur 13 Oct

RED DAY

Bfast - Banana (then went back to bed as not well)

Lunch - Roast chicken, and lots & lots of lettuce, grapes, peppers, tomato. Salad light, 21g reduced fat cheese (1/2 HEX A)

Tea - chicken curry (chicken, red & yellow peppers, onions, courgettes, chopped toms) & piece of naan bread 50g (7.5 syns). Low fat nat yoghurt (1 syn) & mint sauce (1 syns)

Will also prob have: skim milk in brew later (1/2 HEX A) with 2 alpen light bars (HEX B)

1 HEX A
1 HEX B
9.5 syns

Does that all seem ok???

Last edited:
Fri 14th Oct

Green Day

Bfast - 8.30 Banana,
10.30 - Banana, apple, pomegranite, satsuma topped with onken Vanilla yog & 1 shredded wheat (1 HEX B)
2pm - Homemade carrot & coriander soup & Wholemeal roll (57g carefully measured) - 1 HEX B
Nectarine
5.30pm - Mushroom risotto (so many mushrooms, garlic, onions) & 28g parmasan (1 HEX A)

1 x HEX A
2 x HEX B
Syns - tonight - 2 vodka's (measured out the 25ml) with slimline tonic (5 syns)

Last edited:
Thur 13 Oct

RED DAY

Bfast - Banana (then went back to bed as not well)

Lunch - Roast chicken, and lots & lots of lettuce, grapes, peppers, tomato. Salad light, 21g reduced fat cheese (1/2 HEX A)

Tea - chicken curry (chicken, red & yellow peppers, onions, courgettes, chopped toms) & piece of naan bread 50g (7.5 syns). Low fat nat yoghurt (1 syn) & mint sauce (1 syns)

Will also prob have: skim milk in brew later (1/2 HEX A) with 2 alpen light bars (HEX B)

1 HEX A
1 HEX B
9.5 syns

Does that all seem ok???

Hi hun - don't forget that on a Red Day you can have 2 HEAs and 2 HEBs

Or if you had changed this to an EE day you could have had some rice with your curry

Looking good :)

Thanks Ali, I was going to have another HEX B but was full so decided not to eat for sake of it (and think im bit paranoid of over eating lol)
but on green day today and having both HEX B's today.

Thanks Ali, I was going to have another HEX B but was full so decided not to eat for sake of it (and think im bit paranoid of over eating lol)
but on green day today and having both HEX B's today.

Well learning to listen to our bodies is an art and you are doing well to be picking that up so soon. It's harder to do this on red/green days as having 1/3rd free food isn't so important. However, if you can put free food with these meals too it will pay off in the end :)

Sat 15 Oct

Extra easy day

1 Hi fi light choc & caramel (1/2 HEX B)
Tea with milk (1 HEX A)

Tomato Pasta n Sauce with mushrooms, sweetcorn & salad (with salad light)

Chicken, new pot, broc, parsnips, peas
4 mini meringues (4 syns)
1 Hi fit cranberry & yog (1/2 HEX B)
1/2 banana muller yoghurt (1/2 syn)

1 ryvita (1.5 syns) topped with Nuttella (4 syns ???)

1 HEX A
1 HEX B
10 syns

Last edited:
Sun 16th Oct - Extra Easy day

Tea wi skimmed milk (HEX A)
2 Hi Fi light bars (1 HEX B)

Salad with Turkey Ham & couple boiled potatoes sprayed with Salad Light & cup tea

Roast chicken, Jacket potato, lots salad (& salad light) baked beans

Exercise - played netball

Vanilla Muller yoghurt, frozen berries & 5 mini meringues (5 syns)

1 vodka's (measured out the 25ml) with slimline tonic (2.5 syns)

1 HEX A
1 HEX B
7.5 syns

Last edited:
Back