Eating Syns

ssausage

Hello!

I just started Slimming World yesterday and am just getting my head around everything! I'm following the Extra Easy plan.

I'm just finding it quite hard to eat many Syns - I appreciate it's only been a day really so I'm sure I'll be feeling very different soon! - and everything I've read says you should try to use them all.

But for example yesterday I had:

Breakfast -
Black coffee with sweeteners (Free)
Bacon (Free)
Tomatoes (Superfree)
1 x Wholemeal bread (HE B)
Poached eggs (Free)

Lunch -
Jacket potato (Free)
Fat free Cottage cheese (Free)
Baked beans (Free)
Salad (Superfree)
30g of cheddar cheese (HE A)

Dinner -
Chicken with paprika and cayenne pepper (Free)
Corn on the cob (Superfree)
Broccolli (Superfree)
Cauliflower (Superfree)

Snacks -
Cup of coffee with milk (0.5 syn)
Fudge chocolate bar (5.5 syns)

so only used 6 Syns?

Is this enough or should I try to use 15 syns everyday?

Thanks!

Hi, well done on joining!! Its quite funny actually as this was brought up at our class yday?!? If you are happy with 6 syns use 6 syns!! If some days you need to use 10, use 10!! The syns are there and part of the plan, same as hex's but dont force youself to eat something just because it is available!! Try and even work your syns into your meals with sauces or mayo or extra bread, milk or cheese!! The syns are part of the plan and should be included for optimim results!! Our consultant was telling us a funny story about a member who panicked and called her at 12.30 at night in a pickle as she was on her way to bed and then realised she hadnt used both her hex's that day!! So she frantically asked her "what should i do???" And my consultant said "get to bed" lol!! You dont about turn and go back downstairs to to have another meal lol!!?? My consultant recommends between 5-15 syns a day, 10 for your first few weeks!! Not every day will be the same!! Just see what suits you, dont worry as you get your head into the plan you will think of plenty of things to "spend" your syns on!! Good luck with your weight loss!! Xx

I have to agree, as long as your using at least 5 a day then you should be fine, once you've been on plan for a while you'll probably find what suits you better, whether you need to try and have more syns or whether you need to stick at a lower amount, but don't force yourself to eat when you don't want or need to.

Well done on joining. Just a quick point tho, corn of the cob isn't superfree-it's only free. If you get the baby corns, they're SUPER free-but the standard corn isn't. Good luck x
EDITED to say that I missed the word SUPER out in the second sentence! Sorry

Last edited:
Well done on joining. Just a quick point tho, corn of the cob isn't superfree-it's only free. If you get the baby corns, they're free-but the standard corn isn't. Good luck x

Just to claify, corn on the cob or sweetcorn is free but doesnt count towards your 1/3 of superfree per plate.

Baby corn however, is SUPERFREE.

Just to claify, corn on the cob or sweetcorn is free but doesnt count towards your 1/3 of superfree per plate.

Baby corn however, is SUPERFREE.

If you read what I wrote you can see that what I meant! As I said so in the first sentence and edited it as soon as I realised, but you'd already corrected me! Oops

Last edited:
Thanks for that! Forgot completely to check about the corn on the cob - stupid mistake - but my plate was full of brocolli and cauliflower more than anything, thank goodness.

Thanks as well for the Syns thing - Still only used 7 yesterday but I'm definitely going to start just using them with cooking sauces etc. making sure I leave a bit left over incase I want a treat :)

Back