Eating takeaway and sweets.. can it still work?

blonde_sue

Silver Member
Some weeks I have a lot of bold days but still stick to my points if you get me?

Not as bad as I used too for example I'll get a kids chicken nugget mcdonalds meal which is 10pp or a low fat sub like chicken teryaki with without cheese for 9...
Or eating choc bars that are 6pp.
Do you think that you will still lose weight in the long run if you do this but still stick to points?
And out of curiosity has anyone done this and succeeded?

I eat Chinese, go out for food, drink loads of wine... And still mostly lose!!

I haven't had big losses since i started but it is still going down and I have had a very busy last 4 weeks with lots of eatting out and drinking. This week I had 2 chineses and cheesecake and a full tub of ben and jerrys frozen yoghurt and still lost.

Don't get me wrong I still pointed it all and tried to eat really low point lunches on the days I was having the chinese etc but it is nice not to give up all the thing I like and still lose.

No doubt my loss would have been far bigger had I not had them but as long as its going the right way I'm a happy lady

I have a "treat" day every friday, which is a takeaway night, ive had kebabs, chinese chicken curry and last week had a sweet and sour chicken with chips (no rice) and so far ive lost every week, but i also count them into my 49 weeklies, as its something to look forward to at the end of the week :)

I've not stopped takeaways or chocolate completely. I make better choices, like you're doing and have lost over 5 stone. So yes. It can be done. :)

Good work girls :)

I quess I mean can you eat junk everyday nearly as long as its in your points?
Ive been doing it a while now n only losing a pound every week.

Gonna b healthy this week and see....x

I have a "treat" day every friday, which is a takeaway night, ive had kebabs, chinese chicken curry and last week had a sweet and sour chicken with chips (no rice) and so far ive lost every week, but i also count them into my 49 weeklies, as its something to look forward to at the end of the week :)

How many points are in kebabs?
Havnt had one is so long.. imagine they are quite bad? x

I got told that there are 29 points in a small kebab, without any sauce etc, but i cant eat a whole one, so i share my small one with my daughter, but get a pitta bread each

blonde_sue said:
Good work girls :)

I quess I mean can you eat junk everyday nearly as long as its in your points?
Ive been doing it a while now n only losing a pound every week.

Gonna b healthy this week and see....x

ONLY a lb a week? That's a pretty good consistent loss hon? Well done! X
I do eat treats. I have at least one snack treat a day like a 2pp bar or pack of skips/snax. I wouldn't eat a takeaway everyday obviously but I have had a couple of takeouts. Even when its in my points it does seem to slow down my weight loss but it still goes in the right direction!

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I think it's about building in a little of what you fancy so you don't develop an 'all or nothing' mentality. If you like the odd bit of junk, and who doesn't, there's no reason why you can't have it within your points.

i usually eat out once a week (maybe twice) and so far it hasn't slowed down my loss ... with the exception of the hen weekend .... but that was a 3 course meal + Alcohol friday, macdonald bagel for breakfast then BBQ all day saturday and cake and sweets + more alcohol and then a Roast dinner and cake and then chinese for tea ..... + even more alcohol on sunday ..... so well over my points :) ... but as long as its been within my points i've been fine :)
........ will let you know on this week though as i ate out twice yesterday, at my mums today (so hard to PP as estimated quantities) then eating out for dinner tomorrow. ..... all should be within my pp's though :)

Thats what I love about ww no foods are banned.. think if they were u would go crazy and eat em all anyway lol.

I think ive been eating too much junk (still losing however but slowly) like nearly everyday in my points thou!
Being healthy this week except for a subway today :p but thats better than mcdonalds anyway :p

zi-ann said:

How many points are in a chicken curry :)xxx

zi-ann said:

How many pro points are in a chicken curry :)xxx

Thats a gud question! Slim world is soo restrictive with goodys whereas with ww you can fit them into your diet quite nicely x

As long if you don't go over your daily, weekly and activity points, yes you should still be able to lose weight.
I just ate a big plate of super yummy oven pasta with a whopping 23 points and I've had meals like these the past month while being on ww and still lost weight.

Back