Eating to Live

Alia

Silver Member
I am a long time dieter, being over weight since around being 2 years old - I have tried it all, Slimming World offered me some success but have always managed to lose 5 or 6 stone then slip up and put it all back on plus more. I've had 2 weight loss surgeries, Stomache stapling then a gastric by pass and here I am 5 years after my bypass still at 31 stone 1lb. I attempted exante last year and it was a feeble effort, think I lasted till around tea time on day 1 :sigh:

After finally realising how bad my health has become and how compromised my life is cause of it I'm hitting the shakes and just have to do this. I have 7 children the youngest being 2 and Im exhausted and in so much pain with my knees and back so this is it.

My hubby is also going to be doing it as is my 19 year old daughter so we can all help and support each other.

I'm on day 2 now, yesterday was easier than I thought but today I have the mother of all headaches, guessing its caffeine withdrawals and sugar too - any one else suffered like this?

Hi alia i really feel for you i had the most awful headaches dor about 3 days then it started to taper off a bit but wasnt until day 6 that i really felt ok and that i can do this. Its great your hubby and daughter are doing it with you i have my friend doing it with me and can keep each other going. Sounds like you have had a long hard struggle with food and the good thing about this is it takes away havving to think about food all the time which isnt entirely easy until your body goes into ketosis but after that i think you will do just fine.
Good luck and this site is amazing i had a blip last week on day 8 and the ladies on here really helped me see that one slip is not the end of my journey so i come on here a lot to get motivated!!! xx

Hey Candy Pie thanks for the reply, I'm still going strong but a trip to Tesco and the smell of fresh bread was a killer as my tummy was already rumbling before I got in there. Dinner smells so nice that I've taken my self away upstair so its not right infront of me. Waiting for day 4 or 5 when im in ketosis (hoppefully) and start to feel better

Hi Alia,

Good luck to you and your family on your new weight loss journey. I have tried Exante before and lost 3 stone, have put that and more back on :-( So here I am to start again! I'm on day 3 and do cold and hungry- it does get easier i promise :) x

Hi Alia,

Good luck to you and your family on your new weight loss journey. I have tried Exante before and lost 3 stone, have put that and more back on :-( So here I am to start again! I'm on day 3 and do cold and hungry- it does get easier i promise :) x

day 4 now its getting easier :)

Good luck Alia.... I am in the same position as u know I need to do it and want to do it but it is very hard I am fortunate in some ways I have know meals to prepare but it amazes me how there is food everywhere. Having done a vlcd before and put all the weight back on an not gonna get to hung up on it.... It never fails to amaze me how when am on a vlcd the only things I crave are healthy food choices! Good luck u will do it whenu set ur mind to it

Back