Eating While on Lipotrim - My theory... xx

Hi All,

I have done lipotrim before and stuck to it for 2 1/2 months religiously... I didn't do maintanence, I had done a lot of research while on the diet and decided to go straight on to atkins food so for example had in a day:

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs
Lunch: Salad with cheese and tuna
Dinner: Chicken with asparagus

This is because Atkins also leads to keatosis, as you are only eating fats you only burn fats...

I didn't gain any weight and could live like that quite easily, I then began introducing carbs which again was fine. I then fell off the wagon had take away every night and put on 1 1/2 stone :( Doh lol!!

If you do cheat on lipotrim and do so with a piece of cheese etc you won't go out of keatosis. You will however been consuming calories which then will of course will affect weight loss. But at the end of the day a dinner of say an extra 400 calories than a shake once a week which doesn't affect keatosis by reason cannot affect weight loss more than perhaps a 1lb a week.

To the theory then (which appears to be working)...

I have decided that every saturday night I am allowed a no carbs atkins dinner in replace of a shake.

Week one: I have done this and have lost half a stone (possibly could have been more without dinner).

I find now with this, I can look forward to the weekend instead of dreading turning down parties or sitting at home going mad and can keep my control in the week because I know I have my one day. I also have my partners b'day next week and I will have to eat.

I must stress this one day doesn't include alcohol or pudding or anything like that, just fish and atkins approved veg...

What do others think of this? I would love to hear some comments...

Thanks xx

That's exactly what I'm doin! I had a low carb meal last night and lost another 1lb. I think you can use lipotrim as an aid to slimming and if our lose weight and your happy with that then do it. I'm going to dothat every Saturday as that's what works for me, obv that doesn't work for everyone and some people need to be 100%. x

I think it can work like this,but not for me personally,as I think I'd be tempted to add an extra meal in the week,then another,etc but everyone is different and I'm a great believer in that if it works for you then do it x

I think it can work like this,but not for me personally,as I think I'd be tempted to add an extra meal in the week,then another,etc but everyone is different and I'm a great believer in that if it works for you then do it x

I agree with you on that point. I'm doing LT because I can't trust myself around food! I've been trying to diet, cut back/eat less/ control myself for 20 years and in that time I've gained 12 stone! Treating myself like an addict and completely cutting food out is the only way I can see to getting control back.

But I see what Jersey Girl means in using LT as part of a carb free diet. At least you know your getting your vitamin and nutrient needs. If you've got the willpower to do it that way and you think you'll stay on it for longer doing this, then its the way for you.

Good luck and keep us posted

I think this could work in an "emergency" but I know if I was having a weekend meal then it would be a second one and just increase.

I've done this some weeks - having a few replacement meals and it does slow down your weight loss and it does lead to you wanting to do it more and more. You have to be strong to not go off the rails. But - all diets are calories in and calories out. I've decided once I get to BMI of less than 26 (hopefully in a couple of week) I'm switching to exante and following the plan where you can have a meal a night for 400 calories plus making sure I do 400 calories worth of exercise a day to compensate.

It's whatever works for you. That's why there are so many diet forums on this site. I am so glad I started with Lipotrim and was 100% most of the time (particularly the first month) as it has given me confidence that if I really want to I can 100% control my eating, it has changed my cravings and it has given me a great start. I also have to say I quite like NOT being in ketosis, feeling hungry and having to deal with it. I am finding out that the reason I got fat was listening to all the diet advice out there telling you to breakfast like a king, dinner like a pauper. Well that's just not me. I'm not hungry at breakfast and if I eat loads I just set off my appetite and carry on eating. Far better to have something small for breakfast and lunch and then have lots of little healthy snacks and a nice dinner.
From now on I will be listening to what my body is telling me works for me - not what the 'professionals' say. It's how Joanna Lumley said on TV she eats and it's how my grandmother (who lived until 93) ate too... and neither of them were ever fat or unhealthy xxx

Thanks for your posts :)

Yes I know what you mean about will power! The first time I did it I was 100% and wouldn't dream of having anything pass my lips apart from water, black tea and coffee and of course shakes! I even made sure the herbal teas I was drinking was on the approved list and only took the sugar free pain killers etc!

This time something had changed slightly, I am not sure why.

I have quite good will power so knowing this reward is there at the end of the week is spurring me on, I don't think I will be tempted to cheat now I have this little goal. The only thing I do worry about is when Sat night comes I don't go mad. 10 steaks later lol!! I don't feel hungry luckily to the keatosis, it is more having something to taste and enjoy socially. I had the rusty taste of yuk constantly in my mouth lol!! xx

I was talking to a girl lastnight in the garage and she said the day she gets weighed which i think she said its today, not sure but she goes out for lunch then has a dinner with her family and a treat that night and STILL loses... How on earth could she lose after that...

I was talking to a girl lastnight in the garage and she said the day she gets weighed which i think she said its today, not sure but she goes out for lunch then has a dinner with her family and a treat that night and STILL loses... How on earth could she lose after that...

That is crazy!! I think it really depends how quickly you want to lose weight. I may be sacraficing a 1lb a week but it is worth it lol!! x

I don't think I would do well having shakes and meals, I like the fact that lipotrim is designed to distance you from food, yes it is harder this way but I want to let go of my bond with food, and I think if i was eating at the same time as doing this diet I would just be re-inforcing the fact that I was addicted to food and can't go without it even for a short time, this way I can teach myself that I don't need to have all that stuff, when I fancy something the craving will pass, and that if I can go without all food then I must be able to go without bad foods for most of the time when I resume eating. Plus for the money, if I was going to eat but could stay in control I would just cut out the shakes and do a low carb diet such as atkins but with fewer calories xxx

I think the worst thing about this diet is the fact it doesn't teach you about food. It is all very well saying it teaches you you don't need food but you do need food to live. We are all dependant on food but it is the bad types of food that we need to learn to live without.

Don't get me wrong this diet is amazing to lose weight but I worry about the effects it has on our relationships with food.

Will we go back to our old ways or will we develope eating disorders? lol!

I like that I have to assert more will power to only have the one meal per week because it teaches me about control.

We are all on this diet because we love food and going could turkey I don't find breaks that or teaches us about how to live our life afterwards...

Does anyone agree? I am doing lots of research to try and teach myself about food so when I come off my diet I can still enjoy food and life lol!

For me it's not only about losing weight but also I don't need 2000+ calories a day to survive like I used to do before n no excercise at all. This is teaching me that while am on LT losing weight, am also training my brain that once at goal, I will only need between 1200-1500 calories a day n more when at gym burning some!
I am also detoxing my body as I was heavily dependent on sweet foods mainly chocolate, could easily eat 4-5 big bars a day! Now it's taught me that I can still have a bar or 2 a week instead of a say but make sure I burn all this off at gym.
LT is also teaching me that I can enjoy healthy food n still have my take aways once a week/ fortnight but make healthier choices. Once at my target weight, I have to be very careful with my diet as I can easily put 1 stone on with wrong food in 3 days!
But everybody is different!
X

Jersey Girl said:
I think the worst thing about this diet is the fact it doesn't teach you about food. It is all very well saying it teaches you you don't need food but you do need food to live. We are all dependant on food but it is the bad types of food that we need to learn to live without.

Don't get me wrong this diet is amazing to lose weight but I worry about the effects it has on our relationships with food.

Will we go back to our old ways or will we develope eating disorders? lol!

I like that I have to assert more will power to only have the one meal per week because it teaches me about control.

We are all on this diet because we love food and going could turkey I don't find breaks that or teaches us about how to live our life afterwards...

Does anyone agree? I am doing lots of research to try and teach myself about food so when I come off my diet I can still enjoy food and life lol!

Yes I agree that if you got fat cos you don't understand good food or can't cook then it would be very hard to maintain. I wonder if because it was a hospital only diet that health professionals helped more when maintaining - but the pharmacy program really doesn't give much support (I think) and the website isn't good (I got more info from reading the exante site) .

I think it's worth being 100% especially for the 1st month as it does 'clean' your tastebuds and show you how little calories you can survive on (for a short time) - so delaying meals isn't a big deal. I know I used to eat 'just incase' I got hungry and would then make bad choices... Insane reason to eat. Now I just feel hungry and ignore it if there's nothing healthy to have.
Im allowing myself to eat because I don't want to go the other way and be obsessed not eating and feeling guilty and scared about eating.

The 100% has helped me get back intouch with what foods I enjoy (fish and green Veg) and what I don't miss at all (bread and pasta.. I used to eat one portion these everyday... at least). xxxx

It's true that this diet doesn't teach you about recipes and calories,, but we all know what foods are bad foods, everyone knows that as long as we eat less than we burn we will lose weight.
Personally I don't need a diet that tells me to eat this many calories and make changes, I know what I shouldn't be eating, I doubt there is a person on this site who will come off this diet and be cluless about what is healthy food! It is drummed into us every day in real life, but I just gave in to all my cravings before whereas this diet teaches me that I don't need to eat when I'm bored, that I can go without snacks and most of all, to ignore my cravings for bad food!!
There are plenty of people on the maintenance forum, and I doubt a single one of those people has developed an eating disorder from doing this diet, especially since the re-feed process requires you to eat suprisingly large portions to bring yourself back into food slowly but properly! and the maintenance program does teach you how to live your life afterwards
If you like having to control yourself, have the willpower to eat small meals and not go off the rails and want to learn about food on a diet, then why choose lipotrim? Why not go on a diet like weightwatchers, or slimfast, exante even? All allow you to eat small meals, so if you think that is what you need from a diet maybe this one is not quite suited to you xxx

I think lipotrim can be used by anyone as a skimming aid and if you don't want to do it 100% I done many weeks at 100% and I did eat and drink some of those weeks I ate and had bloody good weight loss!! So I don't really care that I'm not following the 'rules' if we're losing weight who really cares. It's all about what works for you. If you feel 100% is the only way forward then that's what you do, if one meal a week works then great!! As long as your happy with your weight loss does it really matter what anyone thinks x

Plus I love the fact I can do 100% all week and have complete control then a meal on the weekend, it's actually teaching me I can control and limit my self ready for when I do hit my goal x

Lucy_Jucie said:
Plus I love the fact I can do 100% all week and have complete control then a meal on the weekend, it's actually teaching me I can control and limit my self ready for when I do hit my goal x

Hi lucie, if u don't mind me asking u, what would u have in ur meal n how many calories would it consist? I think I might try that once a week as well if I keep having my faint/ dizzy spells!
Xx

Back