Eating with other people!

StefRose

Say you go around to someone's house for dinner - how do you avoid eating their food which they have lovingly prepared but thouroughly un-Dukan, or get round to eating the right food? Suggestions and strategies please! :)

I try to avoid social situations involving food and alcohol as much as possible which isn't ideal but necessary as my will power is atrocious! On the occasions I've not been able to I always eat before I go so i don't get tempted, if I don't want to explain that I'm dieting to someone I just say I'm not hungry, if someone wants me to come out for a meal I say I'm skint and suggest something else. It is interfering with my social life quite a bit but I just focus on the fact that a few months of sacrifice will result in a lifetime of feeling good and not counting calories x

The only people's houses I'd be likely to go round would be people who know me, and I'd have forewarned them! Not so that they have to spend hours cooking food JUST for me, but I've been known to turn up with my own food (particularly dessert!).

Worst case scenario, if you really daren't forewarn (although I can't think of many occasions when I wouldn't dare!), I'd advise you eat something beforehand so that you aren't ravenous and likely to say "oh whatever"! Then choose the Dukan friendly parts.

Friends will understand and want to help. "Others" we don't care about ;)

I agree with Joanne - I always warn my friends.

But make it sound as casual as possible so that you can make it clear they don't have to go to any extra effort (ie: 'I can have meat etc and veges/salad etc, just no carbs') That way you won't disappoint anyone who has cooked a special pasta dish, made their own pizza base fresh for you, etc etc.

And if you're worried, eat a small amount before you go so you're less easily tempted

Back