Eatlikeabird's Diary

I know what you mean about smells Deb. OH was cooking bacon this morning and it smelt good. However, I just drank some more water and got out of the kitchen!

What have you been up to this weekend?

Visited a friend today and went shopping for a clutch handbag with another friend and her sister. Her son is getting married on Saturday so had to find one to match her shoes. Successfull shopping, by the way. I bought a bottle of water to keep me busy while they ate sweets and had chips. I was invited to the wedding but I wasn't going even before LL. Fed up of going to weddings on my own. Now with LL makes it much easier that I'm just going to the church and not the reception. Going to do a home hair colour for another friend tomorrow afternoon. So filling the time and not hungry but nothing exciting.

Well done unresisting sweets and chips!

I always thought weddings were a good place to meet people, your dream partner could be there waiting for you! You sound like you are in the same position as me, my friends keep telling me to put myself out there because no one can see me locked up at home!

Have a good dayxx

I know what you mean about getting out there. Right now I just have no confidence. When I lose weight I am a bit more confident. I will be wanting to go out and socialize in my new stylish outfits! Just feel like odd one out right now.
Re weddings, I have never had a date to take to weddings and I just made a decision 8 years ago that enough was enough. At my age I should be able to attend with a partner. Hate that moment when the couples get up from the table to go dance and I'm left sitting there alone. Not going there.

Well done unresisting sweets and chips!

I always thought weddings were a good place to meet people, your dream partner could be there waiting for you! You sound like you are in the same position as me, my friends keep telling me to put myself out there because no one can see me locked up at home!

Have a good dayxx

Thats where I met my partner. It was the bride's idea, she thought we'd get on well. How right she was :D

I've been to loads of weddings with a female plus one as I was single for years. And actually, OH wont dance, so the wedding that we are going to in October, I wont be dancing with him...I'll be dancing with friends and family!

Deb, that is such a nice story for how you met your OH.

3 days to WI on Wednesday. I'm so glad to have my WI on Wednesdays. It breaks up the work week as something to look forward to midweek, and then have just 2 more days to the weekend. Sometimes I feel like I'm wishing my life away but I just want to get to goal and into my smaller clothes.
I wish I'd known that LL was in my area last October. October I booked a holiday to Canada in June and had great plans to diet and exercise for 6 months and holiday looking good and have room in the airplane seats. Well that didn't happen and the airplane belt was at the max. I hadn't been back in 13 years so the holiday was still wonderful but had swollen legs which held me back a bit.
Because I know that I will succeed with LL, I'm hoping to travel next year and be more comfortable and get fab clothes.

See I'm not just a slum pretty face now, I am a potential match maker lol I have taken female friends to weddings in the past I actually find it more fun lol men can hold you back sometimes like when they won't dance, or in fact when they can't dance which is worse lol, purely reflecting on my own experiences there!

I felt Luke you about wishing my life away whilst doing the diet in the beginning it's not so bad now though as the reduction is barely noticeable to me now after the initial few stones! Still a fan feeling though as the clothes certainly reflect the body changes! I got some pics on if you want a peek, I always found people's pictures such an inspiration and still do as I not quite there yet and this last bit is hard!!! Xxx

I'd love to see your photos, how can I view them?

Hey hun, sent you a friend request, fair play to you for putting yours on that is definately a sign that you are ready to kick this fats a** xxx

I had a bit of a strange experience today at work. I was on a 10 hour shift and had just finished my second break at 4:30 with a cup of tea and another 1/3 of a bar, and when I got back the computer screen had a zigzag flash of light in front of my eyes and I couldn't focus to read the screen. My head felt woozy and my face was flushed but my hands cold. I drank more water and ate the last 1/3 of bar, but when vision was ok again got pins and needles in my right hand and foot. It lasted about 5 minutes.
I wonder if I'm coming down with something. Head is a bit fuzzy, will get to bed earlier tonight. Even lit a fire last 2 nights and this is August, weather is cold and rainy. Had a hot broth before my shake tonight and just having another hot broth.
As Wednesday is my 4th WI I will get my medical form and I have already booked to see my doctor on Thursday morning, so will be getting checked then.
Another 10 hour shift tomorrow yuck.

I had a bit of a strange experience today at work. I was on a 10 hour shift and had just finished my second break at 4:30 with a cup of tea and another 1/3 of a bar, and when I got back the computer screen had a zigzag flash of light in front of my eyes and I couldn't focus to read the screen. My head felt woozy and my face was flushed but my hands cold. I drank more water and ate the last 1/3 of bar, but when vision was ok again got pins and needles in my right hand and foot. It lasted about 5 minutes.
I wonder if I'm coming down with something. Head is a bit fuzzy, will get to bed earlier tonight. Even lit a fire last 2 nights and this is August, weather is cold and rainy. Had a hot broth before my shake tonight and just having another hot broth.
As Wednesday is my 4th WI I will get my medical form and I have already booked to see my doctor on Thursday morning, so will be getting checked then.
Another 10 hour shift tomorrow yuck.

Sounds like you may have a cold coming as you put the fire on, I wouldnt worry but keep and eye on your health.

Good luck for your 4th WI :D you are doing well hun, keep at it xxx

Its cold here overnight, my heating came on this morning. Hopefully its a cold, but you're doing the right thing by seeing your GP anyway. I didnt realise our forms were due next week. Better get an appt made myself. You keep me right missus lol.

LadyT, may I see your pics please?

Its cold here overnight, my heating came on this morning. Hopefully its a cold, but you're doing the right thing by seeing your GP anyway. I didnt realise our forms were due next week. Better get an appt made myself. You keep me right missus lol.

LadyT, may I see your pics please?

Hiya, just sent you a friend request! Check your profile is should show up :D xx

Is cold over here, my sister had already lit the fire before I got home tonight. Can't wait to cuddle up in my duvet.

Woke up this morning feeling a bit woozy and cold symptoms. So got out the Oil of Oregano. 3 drops this morning and 3 drops tonight in flavoured water. Hope this keeps the cold away, is from the leaf so should be ok I hope. Helps to catch it early. And drinking lots of fluids. Shame I can't have my chewable vitamin C, could always have normal tablets I guess...

If you have any of the water flavourings they are good hot when you have a cold.
Hope you manage to stave it off.:)

Thanks SB, Yes I'm having hot flavoured water and hot broth in the evening, black tea on my breaks at work and water in between. Must get to bed earlier though. WI tomorrow, can't wait to have another week done and hoping to move the ticker.

Hope you have averted your cold and are feeling better xx

Back