Eatlikeabird's Diary

Thanks, had a 2.5 lb loss at WI. Keeping the cold at bay so far, but still headachy.
I met my doctor this morning to get my form signed. She said the flashes sounded like a migraine, which when she said it made sense. I always thought that it had to be blinding pain with a migraine but I guess not, cause I did have a headache at the time. Just never had a migraine before. She was very pleased cause my BP is down from 140/70 to a healthy 120/70. Next month I'll get my bloods done so I can compare to before LL. My doctor is very supportive of my diet, so that is great.

great news with theweigh in and especially the blood pressure, what an incentive xx

Glad you are holding that cold off! Xx

Hope you are by now feeling a little better, congrats on the weight loss too :)

Well, into week 6...Still 100%. And managed to avoid the cold.
I find it a bit harder on the days when I’m at home, the day is less structured. Time seems to go quicker when I’m at work and we can’t eat at our desks so no food. Except when we are busy and they give us sweets and chocolate as treats, and I have to say ‘no thanks’.
My head is still in the right place though and I just know that my packs are my food and I don’t think of having anything else. :) I do find myself thinking of the months to come and getting into smaller clothes. My pear shape means that it will take time to get into the size 18 jeans and then size 16’s. I know I should be there by Christmas and then I hope I can stay focused to goal in the spring.
I just got some BioOil and have started using it to help my stretched skin. Coloured my hair yesterday and went for haircut today so that feels better.
The wedding I was invited to was last Saturday. I went to the church and as I figured I was the largest person there. So many lovely figures and lovely dresses, I didn’t stay long. I wished that I had started LL last year. But I wasn’t going to go to the reception anyway without a date, and it was all couples. And no feeling deprived sticking to LL because I had made the decision not to go ever before starting LL. I just keep thinking of goal next spring.:D

Must give another look through my clothes, I've found 2 pairs of size 16 blue jeans but looking to see if I have any in size 18 as a nearer goal.

Aw such a lovely post hunny! When I started LL I was wearing size 18/20 although I would never have admitted it at the time I was kidding myself I was alot smaller than that! I am now a size 12 in just 5/6 short months this diet is actually unbelievable. What you dream you can achieve, nothing in this life is unreachable and whatever sizre you choose to be you will be!

Your attitude is fabulous and resinates with me as I was the same, stay focused and by christmas I predict you will be wearing a lot smaller size than you actually think! You will race through the sizes, so dont make the mistake I did and buy loads of new clothes along the way as most of them are now too big! Just go for some key stament pieces that you can mix and match! Oooo I sound like Gok haha! Your shape may well change as well, I always had a big bum lol but I am definately curvy now and people even tell me I have lovely bum, cannot believe the comments sometimes and have to pinch myself. xxx

Hi Debs, I had a horrible dream last night. I dreamt that I forgot all about LL and was tucking into food at my Nana's house! I woke up in quite a panic trying to work out if it was real or not. Oh dear...

Have you managed to stave the cold off? xx

The diet can play tricks on your mind, keep fighting the battle of the weightloss you are all doing so well xxx

Hi Deb, you are doing so well that dream may not have even been about the food. May have been about the comfort of your nan's. I managed to keep that cold away. Very glad to dodge that one.

LadyT, Thanks for the words of encouragement. I saw your holiday pics and they really keep me focused on being able to go on holiday to the sun next year. I haven't been able to think about wearing a bathing suit for about 5 years. You looked fab in your pics. I love the LBD on your new profile pic. I have a good wardrobe of size 16's as a goal for before xmas. Then my goal for after xmas to get to healthy BMI is my pair of size 12 Levis, and to have cheekbones and a jawline like my lovely niece.
I had to work today and the supervisor bought lunch for us. I won't even write what he ordered, but I just had my soup. Focus, Focus, Focus. I have 4 pairs of size 16 jeans to get into!

Well done for the focussed approach, I started at. a 22 and now 12/10 depending on style. Brain still does not accept it all the time, standing in front of the mirror, it still doesn't always sink in. Bought my clorhes in the sales, loving primarni as value for money.
What size are you now if I can ask? Dont need tobreply, if you drop a stone a month, you will be through your 16 jeans and out the other side!!! Joy at this diet!
Jx

Hi Julz,
I was a 22 in denial when I started and now my size 20 dress trousers are getting loose. My smallest ever size I have worn as an adult is 12 and I was really thin at that and 10.5 stone and that didn't last long. But with LL I really think that 10st10 is achievable. You must be thrilled to be in 10/12's, from your stats you are fast approaching your goal. I hope you have a fab holiday, is it for 2 weeks? Are you going to the sun? Do you have any pictures on here? I can't wait to take some progress pics when I get to 100 days. I should see a real difference by then.

Well my tummy is slowly going down, I got a big hug from a friend yesterday and could feel legs touching! My tummy rolls used to get in the way. Amazing the little things that suddenly hit you, that the weight was affecting. Also finding it easier to bend over tying my shoes. Such a long road ahead that its great to see some benefits so soon. And can put on the mid calf wellingtons now without them buckling at the ankles, although still really tight on my calves.

Just watching Dirty Dancing, Patrick Swayze, what a mover and those muscles! Loved that movie when it came out and still like it.

Seven weeks gone and 2 stone gone. I can feel results but wishing it would hurry up to under the 14 stone mark. I want to get into those size 18 and size 16 jeans. I want to be 2 months further along, another 1.5 stone along, and mid way to goal.
How can I wish this was faster? I know 10 years ago I had to strictly diet and exercise 5 days a week and see a personal trainer to lose ½ stone a month. I’m really good with the packs and not tempted to lapse at all, just impatient to get to a smaller size. Got to focus on one week at a time and the rest will take care of itself.
Almost time for the next medical form.

Eatlikeabird you are doing amazingly - i have just read your diary and it has inspired me loads!! i am starting Lighterlife tomorrow and soaking up all the good positive feelings in these diaries and yours is most definately one of them.
good luck, time will pass quickly. keep up the good work

Aw thanks very much Pymster. I will look forward to your posts. Everyone is so supportive on this forum that you will have lots of people cheering you on, and there to help if needed. So inspiring to see the incredible achievements of the people on here that it confirms my belief that I can eventually get to my goal with LL, and you will too.

Hello eatlike a bird,

Just read your diary and am inspired by your determination and achievement so far. You are doing so well!

Time is a funny thing. It will feel like it is taking forever when we are counting days. A bit like watching the kettle boil. I have only just started the journey and know exactly what u mean when u want to drop stones quickly and time to go by.

My plan is try and be happy with the weight loss I will achieve every week if I am honest with myself and stick to LLT. I know that this is a fool-proof path and I will achieve 1 stone a month in WL if I stick to this. This is the plan anyway .......but I am sure we will all have our weak moments and I think posting here helps.

You are doing Fantastic and it will happen sooner than u think. Like you I am thinking of all the beautiful dresses I can get into and maybe this Xmas I will accept an invitation. So, for now instead of wanting to drop my weight soon I am going to want Xmas to come soon. I am hoping this will work as a diversion . What do u think ?

Good luck

Back