Eatlikeabird's Diary

Hi ELAB!!!

Just thought i'd stop by and say hi after reading your diary!!
You've got such a positive attitude, but i know what you mean about wishing the time away!!! I did LL back in 2009, and i was always wishing for the next WI, the next stone, the next dress size, but it does go really quick!! As it stands, i've just re-joined and am on day 1!! Believe me, i'm DEFINITELY wishing i was a week ahead already!!! Hahahaha!!

Just take it week by week, and you'll amaze yourself with the results!!! Bring out those Size 12 Levis, and LBD's for Xmas parties!!!

Can't wait to read your updates!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, yes I felt funny wishing my life away but I'm sure when I look back the time will have flown. I can't believe I'm almost at 2 months now. Your plans to take things one week at a time are just right. Thats exactly how I felt at the start and I think it makes it easier to follow through, then each WI inspires for the next week.
And I too am looking forward to Christmas!

I've no doubt Christmas will be here in no time!! (Especially with all the shops now having xmas stock in - Eeeeek!!!) Day-by-day and week-by-week is the best way to be - there's a certainty with LL that you'll have lost every week, but it still makes you want the time to go quicker!!!

2 months in and you've already achieved loads of the goals in your signature: that's no mean feat - and i'm sure that has gone quicker than you realised!!!

The WI's definitely DO inspire and encourage you for the following week!!! xxx

Week 8 is going well.
Yesterday I spent the afternoon shopping with a friend and her 2 kids, and took them to an activity centre. As you can imagine, lots of I'm thirsty or I want a snack from the kids, so everytime they bought snacks I got a bottle of water. At the activity centre we sat and had coffees, but I had a black tea and my bar. So no problems with the afternoon out...
Then about 10pm a friend phoned to see if I wanted to go out for a drink...now I haven't been 'out' since starting LL, but I said yes. I got a bottle of water at the bar on my way in, and surprise she had a bottle of water waiting for me at their table. So it must be sinking in to them that I mean what I say about sticking to this, even though she doesn't really agree with it. Then there was finger food at the table and I just kept drinking my water, I wasn't tempted at all. Probably helped that I had a pack around 8:30pm, so I could truthfully decline eating cause I wasn't hungry.
Nice to know I can socialize, and stick to LLT, should help when christmas time comes around.

Well done on resisting all those temptations.I bet you feel really proud of yourself keep it up.
Cathy

Thanks Cath, I'm finding that if I have strategies in place like having a pack and bar in my handbag when I go out, and buying bottles of water when others buy snacks...then I don't have anxiety, and I can go out and live life and stick to plan.

Mmm, had my first cup of coffee in 2 months, I can't drink it black so I kept 1 teaspoon of my vanilla shake mix to put in my coffee and it was just enough.
Really frustrated with sizing right now, I've retired 2 pairs of size 20 trousers that are baggy so I'm down to my smallest size 20, but I bought a size 18 and its way too small. I may need to try a size 18 from a different store.

eatlikeabird said:
Mmm, had my first cup of coffee in 2 months, I can't drink it black so I kept 1 teaspoon of my vanilla shake mix to put in my coffee and it was just enough.
Really frustrated with sizing right now, I've retired 2 pairs of size 20 trousers that are baggy so I'm down to my smallest size 20, but I bought a size 18 and its way too small. I may need to try a size 18 from a different store.

Hi eatlikeabird
I understand your frustrations, sometimes it seems to be ages between losses, truely sticking with it as you have been so focussed, it will happen!
I started as a 22 and now am between 10-14 depending on style and store.
Keep it up and stay strong!!
Jx

Wow, that's great julz! How long did that take?! I'm starting at the same size, and hoping for the same result!! Xxx

Hey good work !

I was getting to a size 20. and 18 were all bursting at the seems. Just in 10 days all size 18 fit well.
I have a lot old nice size 16s and 14s that i kept. I just couldn't let myself buy big sizes and so the last 2 yrs was not really well dressed. But I think i will just use my old clothes during the transition phase.
DO u have any tucked away somewhere perhaps ??

Julz, are you back from your hols?

On the Verge, Yes i had 4 pairs of size 20 that were too small at the start, and am going through them as I lose, I didn't really have many size 18's though, and I have 4 pairs of size 16 jeans that I can't wait to get into. Oh well the ones I just bought will eventually fit on the way down. I also have a couple of size 14's and a couple of things in 12, like my smallest levi's that are goal.

you are doing amazing, your size 16s will be fitting you in no time.I also started as a size 18 noew im getting into size 12/14 on the top and 14/16s on the bottom depending on style and makes.I seemed to wait ages for the next size down then all of a sudden i was in the 18 for a couple of weeks then a size 16 so its great if you have smaller sizes to slim into as you wont need to spend too much on new clotes untill you get to the size you want.
You will get there oh yes you will.
Cathy

Yippee, watching Downton Abbey. I missed it first time around but watched it on repeats. I've been waiting to see the new series ever since they announced it was planned.
I have been getting times when feeling 'empty' and before I would have eaten. I used to have to constantly feel 'Full'. I'm drinking water and distracting myself to get to the next pack. Can't help wondering if I will be able to continue with these strategies when I get to goal? Food is a big scary question mark, but hoping I will be able to deal with it after these months on LLT.

Aha, figured out why the 18's are so small, the 20's that I'm only just fitting into are the same shop, so are a small cut.
Saw my GP today to get my form signed and get blood tests. She was really pleased with my losses and said she could see a big difference since I started. Feels really good to be going in the right direction.

That's lovely that you have a supportive GP - not all of them are, from what I read on here (I was lucky too and found it really encouraging to have some kind of 'official' praise/sanction for LL).

It's great you're identifying possible triggers already. I totally know where you're coming from with the full/empty thing. Still working on that one! ;)

I'm struggling with the am I full thing ? have I eaten enough ? have little idea what normal full feels like.

Any suggestions would be gladly received x

I am hoping that I can use the some strategies from LLT. Right now I know I am limited to the packs and have to find ways to cope with the empty feelings other than eating. When on RTM I hope to learn the portions and how much I can eat food wise, and when I still feel empty to use the same strategies as LLT. I know I can't go back to eating to feel full, just to eat the correct portions. That is the hard part. Hence my name on here, I've got to learn to eat alot less than I used to, and the right things, so I can fly!

MrsBurgundy said:
Wow, that's great julz! How long did that take?! I'm starting at the same size, and hoping for the same result!! Xxx

Hiya, I started on 5 April , so actually lots quicker than I thought it would be, I know they tell you approx a stone a month, but it's hard sometimes to get your head around it, but yep 5 months and here I am. Not quite finished, another stone or so to go, now the hardest part is people telling me to stop, you look great! Can't get into skinny jeans properly, but soon.
Good luck with your journey
Jx

eatlikeabird said:
Julz, are you back from your hols?

On the Verge, Yes i had 4 pairs of size 20 that were too small at the start, and am going through them as I lose, I didn't really have many size 18's though, and I have 4 pairs of size 16 jeans that I can't wait to get into. Oh well the ones I just bought will eventually fit on the way down. I also have a couple of size 14's and a couple of things in 12, like my smallest levi's that are goal.

Hi eatlikeabird, I'm back from Hols
Jx

Back