Eatlikeabird's Diary

eatlikeabird

Silver Member
Well, thought I'd start my diary...I think I'm going to need one as the months go by.
I am a yo-yo dieter and have managed to lose about 60lbs 4 times already, mostly by diet and exercise. Other times I've lost a couple of stone and given up after 2 or 3 months. A little bit of success and the diet goes by the wayside. So this diary and the other forums will hopefully help me to get to goal.
I have been overweight ever since I was about 7 years old. Even times when it was just a stone or 2 over, I felt huge. It held me back and I had no confidence. I have seen my neice grow up without body issues and she is so happy and confident. She doesn't shy away from the camera and is pursuing a dancing career. I want to have a photo with cheekbones and a jawline. I want to travel and be in the pictures. I want to feel confident in the clothes I wear, not hide in them.
I have found that now I'm older, what I did before to lose weight just wasn't working anymore. I have been thinking about total meal replacement or bariatric surgery for at least a year, the weight just kept going up and up. I just didn't know of a meal replacement programme in my area until I saw Pauline Quirke's story. When I checked and I saw Lighter Life was in my area I knew that it was for me.
I got very discouraged on food diets when I had weeks with low losses. I would work really hard to follow the diet but have low losses. Then I'd doubt myself, was I having too big portions, was I eating the wrong things? And I'd give up. So total meal replacement is my way to not have to worry about food while losing. When I am 100% and I have a low loss I will know that its just my body adjusting.
Also I need to lose a significant amount of weight fast. My knees already crunch and are painful. And now my legs and ankles have started to swell. As type 2 diabetes is in my family, I am headed for those complications unless I reduce the weight now and keep it off. I am also just plain tired of not being able to do things around the house that require going up and down a ladder.
I started 20/07/11 and week one was a loss of 8lbs. I just want to do this so much that I haven't found it hard to stick to the packs. I know that I have months ahead to reach my goal and I am prepared for weeks with low loss even though I stick to 100% abstinate. Even though I'm prepared I'm sure those weeks will still depress me, but I just have to keep my eyes on the goal.
2 days to WI and I can't wait to post my week 2 loss...:)

Hi twinnie :D

I'm really excited about WI this week too!

Look forward to reading your diary xx

Well done on your first weeks weight loss.Good luck with your weight loss jpurney.
Cathy

Glad you have had a great start, your story sounds familiar, and is probably most of us on here!
I took a long look around before deciding on LL and am so glad I did, it's been a great journey, however costs a lot, have had to buy a whole new wardrobe!! LOL, |I don't have a problem shopping! Have been buying clothes in the sales as I am not finished yet.
Take each day as it comes, have some goals, I bought a lovely top size 12 about my week 4, I was a 20/22 then. The idea was when I get to goal I would start wearing it, well I wore it to work yesterday, and think I should have bought a 10, size 10, me, never since I was about 10 years old!
Keep the water up as it really makes a difference on losses, I have been 100% too, which for me makes it easier, no need to worry, its all done.
Jx

Thanks ladies, week 2 complete and had a 5lbs loss. I'm not finding it hard to stick to the packs so far. I'm getting into the routine. I still have to spread my packs through the day as the last hour I'm waiting to eat, so I have water until its time for a pack. I used to eat any (and every) hour of the day. So this is good to break those bad habits.
Julz, In your diary you wrote about investigating breast reduction surgery. I have had one so if you ever have any questions just ask.

well done on your weight loss keep up the good work.
Cathy

eatlikeabird said:
Thanks ladies, week 2 complete and had a 5lbs loss. I'm not finding it hard to stick to the packs so far. I'm getting into the routine. I still have to spread my packs through the day as the last hour I'm waiting to eat, so I have water until its time for a pack. I used to eat any (and every) hour of the day. So this is good to break those bad habits.
Julz, In your diary you wrote about investigating breast reduction surgery. I have had one so if you ever have any questions just ask.

Fab I have been to my GP a couple of times, at the time 36JJ, which as you can imagine not funny. She said waiting list 2 years, I can go on list when BMI less than 24!
Last time was a year ago, I tried to argue the point if I was on the list it would be an incentuve, but no. Then when I asked her to sign my LL form, she said does not believe in it, as you gain it all back, as there is no help learnung about food, portions etc etc! I spent 10 minutes trying to convince her, no good . Had to go to a private dr to get it signed and paid £55 , that dr was lovely.
I have now lost 4 cup sizes so am a 36G, think there maybe some more to come off as I need to lose about 2 more stone(I think).
Now boobs are even more saggy :(, when did you have yours done? Nhs orbpruvate? Did you get the size you wanted?
Thanks
Jx

About 15 years ago I had lost alot of weight and was down to a size 12, but my bust was still FF cup. It was so frustrating to have lost all that weight and still couldn't wear a dress cause the boobs were just squished flat if I tried on the right size. Mine were so droopy that just rolling over in bed they would get pinched and got rash underneath from sweat. I still have grooves on my shoulders from bra straps. I got mine on the NHS because of the weight on bra straps and back pain and rash. By the time I got the op I had gone up to a 14/16 and the Dr was really cross cause the shape of scar wasn't perfect under the arms cause of the extra weight. But I was happy, got to a C cup. So if you ever do go for the op that is incentive to keep the weight off cause the result is better.
I won't kid you, after the op I felt like frankensteins monster with the long scars. And it was painful until it healed and had to tape the scars to help them heal. Where the scars joined in a T wept for a long time compared to the rest of the scar. Had to wear sports bra after op and sleep on my back for ages. But the scars have faded and I never regretted it. Felt so much lighter. I see women getting implants to be DD cup and just think 'why'. Only bad thing is cleavage is alot less!

About 15 years ago I had lost alot of weight and was down to a size 12, but my bust was still FF cup. It was so frustrating to have lost all that weight and still couldn't wear a dress cause the boobs were just squished flat if I tried on the right size. Mine were so droopy that just rolling over in bed they would get pinched and got rash underneath from sweat. I still have grooves on my shoulders from bra straps. I got mine on the NHS because of the weight on bra straps and back pain and rash. By the time I got the op I had gone up to a 14/16 and the Dr was really cross cause the shape of scar wasn't perfect under the arms cause of the extra weight. But I was happy, got to a C cup. So if you ever do go for the op that is incentive to keep the weight off cause the result is better.
I won't kid you, after the op I felt like frankensteins monster with the long scars. And it was painful until it healed and had to tape the scars to help them heal. Where the scars joined in a T wept for a long time compared to the rest of the scar. Had to wear sports bra after op and sleep on my back for ages. But the scars have faded and I never regretted it. Felt so much lighter. I see women getting implants to be DD cup and just think 'why'. Only bad thing is cleavage is alot less!

Thanks Eatlikeabird, its useful info, I have always had a problem with my boobs getting stuck etc in bed, last year I discovered a strappy top in Primarni with a bra shelf inside, and I now wear one to bed every night, its bliss, they don't roll under my arm pits anymore!
I have waited so so long for this, I will go and see my GP when I have finished RTM and have a conversation. I have a new GP now as I got so annoyed with the last one refusing to sign my forms.
When I spoke to my LLC she said that skin can take a further 12 months to shrink, so not sure if that will make a difference as to when I can get it done, but I am really determined to finish LLT, RTM and maintain successfully.

Glad you are focussed and had a good 2nd week result, keep it up!
Jx

As I can now see the photo albums, I thought I'd put it all out there and be brave and publish my before photos...

Go on...I will too xx

Well done for putting your before photos in your profite.I have found it a great incentive and a good feeling seeing your ongoing progress in full colour as you slim down.
take care
Cathy

Thanks Cathy, Your photos look great. you must be thrilled with all the inches lost. You are almost half way. I'm hoping the time will fly to the 3 months mark

So glad its WI tomorrow. Just feel a bit blah. I'm counting down the days cause I don't feel like I've lost anything, so I need the boost from even a little loss.
Not having any probs with staying 100% just wishing I could see a difference. I think its going to take 2 stone before I notice any difference in size. The one positive so far is no swollen feet and ankles and I really think my wrists and hands aren't as puffy also. :) All this water must be doing me good.

I'm looking forward to WI too. I think I've lost some more and I'm sure you have too. Look forward to your update xx

Third weigh in, and lost 3 lbs. Feeling ok with that.
I went to a mall yesterday to buy a blender as my one stone lost treat. It was so strange walking through and not stopping to get a food treat. There were baked temptations about every 10 stores that I had to just walk past. Before I would always have stopped to buy something to nibble while shopping. I was glad I had saved half a bar in my handbag so I could nibble. It was a real sanity saver. Hope I will get to a stage when I don't need to nibble going round the shops. I was fine in Tesco's, but just found all the baked goodies in cafe's very tempting, and you don't even have to go up to the cafe cause the smells get you as your passing. Next time I'm going to buy a bottle of water to carry round. Staying focused...:D

Well done hun, keep it up. xx

I was just so surprised, it was like in a 3D movie and they were almost jumping out of the display cases at me! LOL I walked quickly past in case they would chase me and attach to my hips. HeeHee

Well done on resisting. Lucky the smells don't make us fat !!

Back