Eatlikeabird's Diary

I've been trying half-heartedly to maintain using Atkins but have cheated far too often for it to work. Bizarre, eh?

I maintained really well for most of last year. So I do know how to do it and it wasn't too difficult. The problem comes for me when I gain over a certain amount, because then I start feeling really negative and 'oh sod it' etc etc and everything I've learned goes out of the window as I punish myself.

So... Time to sort this out!

I'm planning to do a few weeks of packs (I have a week of LL and some Exante packs) - to blitz the weight - and while I'm doing that really really focus on what's going on for me... How I can prevent yo-yo-ing. I guess the only plus is that I've recognised it way before I've got back to the size I was before...

Shall I set up a new thread for us so we can support and encourage one another? It's tough, isn't it? Xxx

Anyone in for a refocusing group? I'm starting packs tomorrow if anyone wants to join me xx

Sounds like a good idea Spangly. I'm back to loosing ways, thankfully. 1.5lbs, not brilliant when you're used LLT losses, but it'll do :)

I just managed to get my head straight and get back on track. Cant really explain how. My plan is to be strict Monday to Friday evening, then relax a bit at the weekend. I also need to concentrate on my excercise programme and make sure I am doing at least 4 hours a week. I only want to loose 8lbs or so. I cant believe how fat those 8lbs are making me feel!

OK, girls, shall we go for it and refocus?

Well getting real with my weight...last week at GP I weighed 13st8 (up one stone), went into LL today for a maintenance weighin and I'm 13st6. So I've updated my ticker and stats and red marks on the goals that have gone by the wayside.
I've done 5 days of Dukan Diet - attack phase and I'm starting on the cruise phase, alternating protein and protein/veg days. Hope to see the ticker going in the right direction again and to mark those goals green again, and get to the next goals.

My MIL tried the DUKAN diet too. She couldn't cope with it as she said she felt ill. But i have heard that it is really good and will help you shift that stone in no time. Then you will shift the next one and be able to tick off your next set of goals!

Back