eBay issue - advice please

Maddysmum

Gold Member
Sold my daughters electric scooter yday and a man collected it 2 he's later and paid cash.
I showed him it working perfectly and he was more than happy.

I've just had call fm his wife saying they want money back cause not working. From what they were saying I knew what the problem was (she took battery off to charge it - which it didn't need) and obv hasn't put it back together correctly so explained what to do. At which point they said they didn't care what I was saying, they didn't want it and wanted the money back which I refused as worked perfectly when left my house.

They then cut the call off at this point only to then text me demanding money back.

Now worried they'll turn up at the house again. My oh is too kind and says give money back but I don't think I should as ive done nothing wrong.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Presuming ebay will back me cause they can't even prove they paid for it (no receipts as cash on collection).

Email or ring ebay, they will advise you on what to do, they are usually pretty good.

Its really totally down to you what happens. Ebay cant 'make you' do something or another. If it was sold as seen and they ignored you then Id say tough. Ebay really dont care about customer disputes they only seem to care about the money they get. You might be better posting on the ebay community forums, youll get some excellent and very specific advice there.

The fact they paid cash, they cant then do a Paypal refund or anything. Personally Id tell them they saw what they were buying, it was fine when they took it. End of story.

Id block their calls and texts too

Also block them as a bidder on ebay. It's up to you whether to refund, I wouldn't but it's not my doorstep they may turn up on! Remember that they can neg you though so if your feedback is important to you it could be damaged. I feel for you, I've got a couple of people collecting stuff this week and this is my nightmare scenario! Hope you're sorted soon x

Back