• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ebay

its great isn't it!
i have made nearly £200 in the last 3 weeks
daisy x

It's wel worth investing the time in doing it. I've made £500 in the last 6 months selling off all sorts. My 44G bras which cost over £60 each originally have even been snapped up!!

jcjazzy

Silver Member
God girls that makes me feel inadequate :D !! Think I'll be doing a lot of recycling from now on! Well it is good for the environment,eh?

indeed, plus it gives you more money to spend on your new wardrobe! Just do a few things a week and the money will soon build up x

Kik

Sounds like a good idea. is it easy to do? Do you take pics of everything?

Over on the SW forum thers a clothes exchange thread, that works really well, ive passed on lots of bits and got bits in return, all you pay is the price of postage xxx

thin_inside

I Can Do This!
I've been putting my stuff in to Blythswood for charity. Maybe I should reconsider - you lot are making some serious money on ebay!

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Hi TI, I usually give my work stuff to Charity,but sell the good stuff on Ebay.It is worth considering and as Rachel says a couple of items a week wouldn't be too difficult to cope with.

I've just sold a few bits on ebay for the first time, and not really knowing what to do, I think I got a bit shafted. For example, a brand new, with tags Hobbs cocktail dress, cost £180, and I got £8.49 for it :cry: Ah well, I could never wear it as it's too big (and I aint going back up :D) so I guess £8.49 is better than a poke in the eye (marginally!!)

I take pics of everything as they tend to sell better. I was off work for a week last summer and did loads. The dining room looked like a mail sorting office! I've done car boot sales too. 50p a go for all my t shirts and blouses, it all adds u nicely. Went towards a gorgeous winter coat. It's recycling my old life to pay for my new one!
I did have tonnes of clothes as I was such a yo yo dieter so had basically a full wardrobe in eveery size from 18 to 26. It all gone now though so there's no going back!!

lucy, key to the expensive items is to put a higher starting price. I learnt my lesson from selling a jaegar dress that was £299 for 99p! I've found that if you start something even at £50, if you've put the original price, people will often bid. It's just if there aren't enough people to have a bidding war, the end price doesn't go up high enough. Keep going though, it's worth it!

lucy, key to the expensive items is to put a higher starting price. I learnt my lesson from selling a jaegar dress that was £299 for 99p! I've found that if you start something even at £50, if you've put the original price, people will often bid. It's just if there aren't enough people to have a bidding war, the end price doesn't go up high enough. Keep going though, it's worth it!
Cheers Rachel, that was definitely the issue, I put everything at 99p start price, so some people have got some stunning items shocklingly cheap! Never mind, I won't make the same mistake again! x

hi i've just made £124.00 on ebay so it is definitely well worth it!

still got loads more clothes to go so should make a fair bit more. all these clothes would have gone to charity so the extra money will certainly come in handy for a new wardrobe.

i took photos of things hanging on a door or on the bed and also i would add in measurements otherwise you'll get lots of questions later which is a bit time consuming. and definitely start off from a price you wouldn't mind selling it for. i've had to put a few things on at a lower price now but every penny is money i wouldn't have otherwise so it's a win -win situation.

i've got a lot of packing and posting to do tomorrow now! ;)

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Hi Catgirl, Well done.I was at the post office today,and have another pile of clothes waiting to be ironed to go on soon.Just as well I'm back at work next week-I think it could get quite addictive!There is something pleasing about getting paid for stuff thats just in the wardrobe,even though I invariably make a loss!

Well done all you E-bayers

Makes me realise I must get my head around it and get cracking (now I have given most of my old stuff to charity!)
I asked a friend of mine to show me how to do it, but he couldn't be bothered. I hope it's easy.:sigh:

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Really easy SB.All you need to do is make sure stuff is clean and ironed,pictured and priced appropriatelyphew............Its just about setting aside some time to organise I suppose.

Thanks Jazzy

Maybe I can find time next week-end.

SexyBecks1

is loving CWP xx
I thought about ebaying all of my clothes but then I thought about friends and family. I know some of them are the sizes that I used to be so I am going to hold a clothes party.

I am going to get all my friends/family around, put out a few nibbles and drinks, put some good music on and hopefully sell some of my clothes.

I have so many that I never even wore or only wore a couple of times. At least I will know they will go to a good home.

I have also thought about advertising them on here as well. There are always people needing the sizes that you don't.

So well done on all the money you have made. I bet you feel a million dollars now x x