Edit Details

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had their height come up wrong in their stats? I've been putting 53 and getting 4"5"?? My BMI stats shouldn't be that high as well??

Thank you

What height are you?

53 inches does in fact equal 4 foot and 5 inches, so you may be trying to input the wrong height.

If you mean 5 foot and 3 inches, you need to enter 63 ...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had their height come up wrong in their stats? I've been putting 53 and getting 4"5"?? My BMI stats shouldn't be that high as well??

Thank you

53 inches is 4 foot 5 inches.

Hey, I am little confused......how does 5 foot 3 inches become 4 foot 5?? I will try your method atropos and hopefully it works.

Thank you!!

Glitterball - It's the last blast of the old medieval Imperial measurements - there are 12 inches in a foot not 10, which is why 53 inches = only 4 foot and 5 inches.

<I expect these youngsters read about feet and inches in their history books... much as I did of course ;)>

<I expect these youngsters read about feet and inches in their history books... much as I did of course ;)>

I still remember buying a QUARTER 1lb of sweeties with ONE OLD PENNY clutched in my sticky little hand!

Can you imagine our grans having to calculate pennies, shillings and pounds in their heads, while the grocer totted up the lbs and ozs, and the haberdasher reeled of the yards, feet and inches?

And no calculators.....

Frankly no I can't! I must admit that I didn't really know "old money", but I too remember having the odd coin to spend!

I still remember buying a QUARTER 1lb of sweeties with ONE OLD PENNY clutched in my sticky little hand!

Can you imagine our grans having to calculate pennies, shillings and pounds in their heads, while the grocer totted up the lbs and ozs, and the haberdasher reeled of the yards, feet and inches?

And no calculators.....

Yes! I used to pop to the little grocery shop and ask for "a penny mixture" - a whole bagful of sweeties for one penny! :D

Yes! I used to pop to the little grocery shop and ask for "a penny mixture" - a whole bagful of sweeties for one penny! :D

It seems telling that I can remember exactly how much favourite high-carb treats cost - a journey that starts with packets of Smith's Cheese and Onion Crisps (2 new pence!) to the Dukan diet, via sherbet fountains, bazooka joe gum, gobstops, caramac bars, black prince ice lollies... I'll stop right there!

It seems telling that I can remember exactly how much favourite high-carb treats cost - a journey that starts with packets of Smith's Cheese and Onion Crisps (2 new pence!) to the Dukan diet, via sherbet fountains, bazooka joe gum, gobstops, caramac bars, black prince ice lollies... I'll stop right there!

Back in the old days, I didn't like chocolate. This is probably because the "penny mixture" usually included "chocolate" tools - which I swear were made from brown crayon wax. :eek::yuk:

(There was a smiley labelled "sick" which I was going to use, but it looked more like the little yellow-faced person was having extremely severe transit issues. Definitely one to use during the Attack phase!)

little white mice; little pink shrimp (I used to get them in Woollies pick 'n' mix!)

Back