EE Help please

Souffle

The last time I Food Optimised I was following Red and Green days. Now I've rejoined I want to try Extra Easy. I understand the basics but still confused about some things:

If I just want scrambled egg on toast, for example, how do I have superfree with this? I know I could add mushrooms or tomatoes etc but what if I just want to keep it simple? Is it ok to eat an apple afterwards and count that as my superfree?

Sorry I'm being dumb :-/

If you have a meal without superfree then you can have something afterwards, like a bowl of fruit or a mixed salad etc.
i try to mix in my superfree within my meal but I know this is not always possible so I have something to hand to eat after :)

Ok thank you, that's helped a lot :)

Last edited:
Ohh that website looks really good, thanks for that, really appreciate it :)

The last time I Food Optimised I was following Red and Green days. Now I've rejoined I want to try Extra Easy. I understand the basics but still confused about some things:

If I just want scrambled egg on toast, for example, how do I have superfree with this? I know I could add mushrooms or tomatoes etc but what if I just want to keep it simple? Is it ok to eat an apple afterwards and count that as my superfree?

Sorry I'm being dumb :-/

If you eat an apple afterwards, while it doesn't entirely defeat the point of the third of your meal superfree , it does undermine it. The superfree serves a couple very similar purposes.
1) it fills you up with unprocessed carbs which are slow releasers of energy that help avoid the desire to snack between your meals later on.
2) the third of a plate of superfree replaces a third of the plate that was high in fat/sugar. The third isn't an addition, or an afterthought, though that's how we all deal with it when are getting the hang of the plan. Over time you get used to not putting your regular portion of food and then your superfree on top, but you manage your portions down to 2/3 what you ate and make the difference up with superfree.

If I am having poached or scrambled eggs on toast, I have that and nothing else. Adding mushrooms or tomatoes would not reduce the amount of food I ate in this instance. I would have 2 eggs and toast whether I had the superfree with it or not. I normally do have mushrooms, but if I don't have any in then I certainly wouldn't eat fruit afterwards just because I hadn't had superfree with my meal. In my mind, this is eating extra for the sake of it!

It's one meal. If you are sticking to it for the other meals then I don't see a problem.

If I am having poached or scrambled eggs on toast, I have that and nothing else. Adding mushrooms or tomatoes would not reduce the amount of food I ate in this instance. I would have 2 eggs and toast whether I had the superfree with it or not. I normally do have mushrooms, but if I don't have any in then I certainly wouldn't eat fruit afterwards just because I hadn't had superfree with my meal. In my mind, this is eating extra for the sake of it!

It's one meal. If you are sticking to it for the other meals then I don't see a problem.

Different things work for different people. I find when i have cereal, sticking the banana in as my superfree helps to keep me full longer. It depends if you are a big eater. Many of us on here got to the size we are because we couldnt control ourselves and we had to eat until we were full, and even clear our plates long after we were full.

SW works for me because i can eat until im full, by padding out my foods.

Different things work for different people. I find when i have cereal, sticking the banana in as my superfree helps to keep me full longer. It depends if you are a big eater. Many of us on here got to the size we are because we couldnt control ourselves and we had to eat until we were full, and even clear our plates long after we were full.

SW works for me because i can eat until im full, by padding out my foods.

I agree. I always have fruit with my cereal as a B choice bowl of cereal does not fill me up. 2 eggs and 2 toast does though. I'm just saying to the OP that I wouldn't have an apple afterwards for the sake of it. If I was still hungry then I might, but eating for the sake of the superfree rule afterwards just defeats the object, in my opinion.

As I said, I would normally have mushrooms with it but if I don't, I won't go eating a piece of fruit just because!!

If you eat an apple afterwards, while it doesn't entirely defeat the point of the third of your meal superfree , it does undermine it. The superfree serves a couple very similar purposes.
1) it fills you up with unprocessed carbs which are slow releasers of energy that help avoid the desire to snack between your meals later on.
2) the third of a plate of superfree replaces a third of the plate that was high in fat/sugar. The third isn't an addition, or an afterthought, though that's how we all deal with it when are getting the hang of the plan. Over time you get used to not putting your regular portion of food and then your superfree on top, but you manage your portions down to 2/3 what you ate and make the difference up with superfree.

Eating the apple afterwards does fulfil requirement number 1, and for some meals requirement number 2 isn't really an issue. I have a veggie sausage sandwich for breakfast on a Saturday, and there's not really anything I can add that would remove a third of the sandwich, I'm having 2 sausages and 2 slices of wholemeal bread regardless of anything else I eat. I'm not going to NEVER eat a meal which doesn't contain super free, so for me eating a banana along with my sandwich is better than not doing so, as its fulfilling one requirement. Actually, there are some meals where you add the third super free and it still only fulfils one requirement- I find lettuce hugely unsatisfying, and adding a third of the plate of salad for me only fulfils requirement 2, and stops me eating as much paella, or lasagne etc. it won't stop me from snacking later, as my paella portion was too small because of the darn salad! Though I'll likely snack on super free, so still better than the hire calorie free foods, hence the plan working.

The third superfree doesn't replace food hight in fat/sugar - it is designed to limit free food.

I agree with the salad thing spikeysaurus, I have a bowl of salad at the side of pasta or rice dish, again it doesn't reduce the free foods but I like it and it's good for me :)

I would only eat a banana after a sausage sandwich or eggs on toast if I was still hungry.

The easy way to resolve the debate is to eat your apple BEFORE your butty. That way you've partially filled up on super free before you've started on the heavier free and Hex stuff. In theory you might then leave some of the sandwich if you were full up before finishing it.

Thanks for the help everyone. I understand it now!

Back