EE Slow Cooker Recipes??

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by nila, 7 August 2011 Social URL.

1. nila

nila Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi. I've been so bad for the past couple of months and I really need to get back on track! I'm not a very good cook and I live on my own so don't fancy standing over the hob for ages after I've done a long shift! For that reason I'm looking for some low/free syn recipes that I can do in the slow cooker? Then I can freeze things :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. big soft moose

big soft moose Member

One I came up with tonight - modified from a jamie soup recipe

Bunch of water cress
    handful of corgettes chopped
    1 onion chopped
    1 clove garlic crushed
    1 leek chopped
    2 carrots chopped
    handful of new potatoes
    lean lamb, beef, venison, or pork chopped
    750 ml of vegetable stock

Whiz up the watercress with the chopped onion, corgette, onion, garlic and half the stock until finely chopped into a slurry

whack in the slow cooker with the other ingredients and the rest of the stock and season to taste - if there isnt enough liquid to cover add boiling water til there is.

cook on low for 8 hours

enjoy with a dab of low fat fromage frei (and some crusty bread if your syns permit it)

(Syn free - I think- apart from the bread and possibly the meat depening on what you use)

sorry quantities are a bit vague - but i'm a jamie type cook, a bit of that, a bit of this, bish bash bosh - I cant be doing with measuring stuff - just use what looks right)

4. missyheidi

missyheidi Member

Heya! I have a big family so when i do use my slow cooker it tends to be a casserole! All free ingredients! If you do manage to find some more ideas please post as we can try and test haha! Xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.