EE Slow Cooker Recipes??

nila

Hi. I've been so bad for the past couple of months and I really need to get back on track! I'm not a very good cook and I live on my own so don't fancy standing over the hob for ages after I've done a long shift! For that reason I'm looking for some low/free syn recipes that I can do in the slow cooker? Then I can freeze things :)

One I came up with tonight - modified from a jamie soup recipe

Bunch of water cress
handful of corgettes chopped
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1 leek chopped
2 carrots chopped
handful of new potatoes
lean lamb, beef, venison, or pork chopped
750 ml of vegetable stock

Whiz up the watercress with the chopped onion, corgette, onion, garlic and half the stock until finely chopped into a slurry

whack in the slow cooker with the other ingredients and the rest of the stock and season to taste - if there isnt enough liquid to cover add boiling water til there is.

cook on low for 8 hours

enjoy with a dab of low fat fromage frei (and some crusty bread if your syns permit it)

(Syn free - I think- apart from the bread and possibly the meat depening on what you use)

sorry quantities are a bit vague - but i'm a jamie type cook, a bit of that, a bit of this, bish bash bosh - I cant be doing with measuring stuff - just use what looks right)

Heya! I have a big family so when i do use my slow cooker it tends to be a casserole! All free ingredients! If you do manage to find some more ideas please post as we can try and test haha! Xx

Back