eee look another food diary!

Ugh I'm so annoyed, the ex has once again screwed things up. I wish the boys didn't even have him around as I don't think his influence is particularly good! He 'moved out' of his own home, the boys other house and left his girlfriend there to move in with his mates in some bachelor pad which is totally not suitable or able environment for the boys to go to and just expected his parents to take them on his times when he's supposed to have them, they are 65 and 75, and although don't mind it's just too much, nevermind that they have most of the money invested in the house he just left! So I'm keeping them until he sorts himself out, so they are annoyed at me they aren't seeing their dad, he hadn't even asked his parents if this new thing was ok, or said if its any kind of permanent solution, it's just too much for them, so as usual we are sorting out his messes and the boys are blaming me for him not gettin them. What kind of dad just leaves his kids home which he and his parents own so some girl who has no right to it stays there!! They don't even have a proper bedroom at his parents house. Luckily his parents agree I should keep them and maybe it'll force him into waking up and sorting it all out. From experience I don't think he will, he's a 31 year old child, actually worse than a child. I just wish he would go work away or something and then the boys would just have our influence as its clear unless there's someone else there to look after them too he's incapable. Argh!!! And he's made loads of sly comments to the boys about us going to Thailand without them, I haven't been on a proper holiday for 6 years!! He had 3 last year plus numerous weekends away/weddings and stag do's, without the boys. And 2 that I know of this year! So to make them feel I've left them out is awful. God that guy is a mess, he actually doesn't deserve amazing kids which has been all my hard work, he does nothing to encourage their growth. I'm just pleased his parents agree with me about it all, as that would be difficult. Anyway sorry! I needed a rant so badly. I wonder what would be said if it was the other way round and the kind of abuse i'd get off his family if I'd just upped and left my home and left my bf here and moved me and the kids to my mums, I bet they'd all have something to say about it!

Red day - Tuesday

Feeling really bloated and like i've gained about 5lbs so back to my red day plan. And feeling scared to WI on Friday now!

Bfast: Weetabix x2 (hexB) semi skimmed milk (hexA)

Lunch: egg and potato salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato) (half hexB), hot and spicy chicken, satsuma

Snack: all bran choc crunch (half hexB), options with sugar free marshmallows (4syns)

Dinner: honey chicken, roast veg (BNS, mushroom, pepper, red onion, courgette, carrots) Greek salad (feta-hexA) (red onion, cherry tomato, romaine lettuce, cucumber, olives) (2syns)

Drinks: water, green tea with mint.

TOTAL SYNS : 6

Attachments

• image-3143380876.jpg
    image-3143380876.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
What an arsehole Charl I agree he doesnt deserve to see them until he sorts himself out - its completely unacceptable to do that!

Just such a shame for the boys as they are too young to understand that daddy's an arsehole and that's why they can't see him for a bit rather than it being your fault at all! :-( xx

I know! Argh makes me so mad, he always puts them last, and it's not fair, what's worse is that they love him now, but one day they'll see it themselves and they'll be gutted, which makes me sad they'll have that as I did, and it sucks.

Today was a good food day, totally stuck to plan. Amazingly 2 weetabix kept me full until 4pm! So didn't even have lunch until 5ish when I got home. I need to plan properly as I always get rubbish with the plan when my fridge is empty. Got the boys passport application all sorted out so excited to get that sent off tomorrow so hopefully we can book something up soon to take them away at the end of oct. eeeee I hope we can find a good late deal, or there will be 2 even more annoyed little kids to contend with! Xx

Ok bf is cooking tonight so going to have to do a EE day, well I might just not have any rice but he's making a SW tikka masala so I'll just see how hungry I am later. Still full of cold it's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's getting no better.

EE day - Wednesday

Bfast : smoked salmon and poached eggs w/toast (hexB)

Lunch: potato and egg salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato) with coronation chicken. 4syns?!

Pub snacks ooooops! (shared with the kids- as if that makes it better!!!) some posh hake fish finger thingy, and some potato skins with cheese and bacon. No idea of syns, and I don't really care!

Dinner: Chicken chow mein (SW) wholemeal noodles, chicken, peppers, carrot, spring onion, red cabbage, garlic, ginger, mushroom, soy sauce and some rice vinegar. Kinder bueno for pudding as I feel crap and sorry for myself! (11syns)

Drinks: tea w/milk (hexA) water, green tea with mint

TOTAL SYNS : 15 (+whatever I had at the pub- at least no booze, a diet coke!)

Last edited:
Oh no maybe you've got a bug or virus love? I always get ill as soon as I get back from a holiday :-( x

Rest up hun sounds like you got a lurg.. plenty of that around

Sorry your having to deal with your ex. Grrr they make me mad!!

Hope your ok Xx

Today didn't quite go to plan, bf and I got crossed wires on who was cooking and I went to the pub to pass the time waitin for my friend to come and countersign the boys passports (as the blooming office said it was wrong the first time as she missed their middle names off the photo certification! Argh!! Had to get it done all over again! Makes me mad!) had 2 fish fingers and some potato skins with cheese and bacon. Oops! Feel ill so I don't really care though!

Well we got offered an amazing deal for a puppy today, we were going to get one for Xmas but bf's dad said we were stupid as breeders put their prices mega up for Xmas and this guy he knows has some ready now and he'll do us one for £100 it's a golden lab and amazing pedigree as bf's dad sold the breeder his original dog so the pup we're getting is bf's dads dogs great grand daughter! So we all have the same family of dogs, and his are lush! So I gave the boys a choice we can go on holiday or get a puppy as if we get a pup we have to stay home and look after her, so they picked puppy so it's saving us like 2 grand on a holiday and about 350 on what we were expecting to pay for a puppy at Xmas! And we know the dogs and people they're coming from too. Yay!! Getting her next week, I'm so so excited :) xxx

Ooh that's so exciting :) What a great deal and so much money saved!! xx

Puppy :-D how exciting lots of pics will be required! X

We are going to view her on saturday so I'll put some photos up after we've been, now I just have to break it to my Mam we're getting a dog whether they like it or not! She owns my house and after a disagreement a while ago about a blue staff pup they said no dogs at all. I'm just getting this as I always wanted a lab anyway and its their fave dog too, so I'm sure when they see her they'll love her too and forget all that nonsense. I've waited 10 years to get my own dog and me and bf are in a good position now as I'm always home at nights as the boys are here, and he's always home in the day as he works night so she will hardly ever be on her own. We're calling her Daisy, as loads of the dogs in the family have flower names. Not sure when we can have her properly as she still needs her 2nd jabs to make sure she's KC registered before they let the pups go to their new homes. And its a girl so in a year we could always breed her and get some money back as they are selling for £450 to everyone else, so its quite a lot of money if they have a big litter. xx

So I told my ma about the lil pupster, she said its fine and its probably going to be a lot better in the long run having a dog than the stress of paying for this holiday so I'm pleased she's happy. I'm feeling even more ill today :( All dizzy and ache-y and def have a temp as I keep going boiling hot then really cold, hope I haven't got some weird thailand virus! So I've already eaten a bunch of choc coated raisins to cheer myself up. ooooops! haha, I'm being really lame at dieting this last few weeks! I seem to have lost all my vlcd resolve, oh well! Almost too scared to go check the damage tomorrow as I feel v v bloated.

EE DAY - Thursday

Bfast/lunch : Frittata w/ quorn, mushrooms, red onion, chilli, tomato, new potato.

Snack : WW bread with some smoked salmon. (hexb) M&S giant choc raisins (SOOOOOOO good, and I don't even usually like them! 7syns)

Dinner: SW tikka masala (cabbage, carrots, onion, garlic) Indian salad, tiny bit of rice maybe 1 heaped tbsp. half a chappati (3syns) satsuma

Drinks: water, tea w/milk (hexA) green tea with mint

TOTAL SYNS: 10

Attachments

• image-1157247785.jpg
    image-1157247785.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Ooh how exciting! Glad she's ok with the puppy it would be heartbreaking if you had to turn round to the boys and say they couldn't have her :-(

I look forward to lots of puppy pics on fb :-D x

Wooooo, went to WI this morning expecting a gain as I feel bigger and bloated (although I have had totm for 2WEEKS!! now, argh, which might explain that!) and lost 4lbs :) happy days! Apart from the vlcd I've never had a loss that good, and my body fat is nearly 1% lower too :) so I know I've actually lost some fat! I'm so so close to the 'good' range now so just going to stick to what I've been doing, which is mainly SW, but days when I go off I cal count, well I cal count every day, but also to just keep aware of what I am eating and portions. But also if I know I'm eating bad stuff just to really think about when I'm full, and how much I'm eating and not eat past being satisfied as I've gotten pretty good at that, which was always my downfall. And putting much smaller portions on my plate, I think its how I've gotten away with eating a mix of good and bad, as when its been bad its not been loads, just a bit. like when I had fish and chips, a few months ago I would have eaten the lot, and last week I ate about half probably less and felt pretty stuffed but not sick, like I would have done in the past and just made myself eat it all because it was there. Wooooo! Only 1stone-ish to go now, going to see how I feel as I get closer to goal about what my final target is going to be, as I didn't really have one, I was just carrying on until healthy BMI/bodyfat range and then seeing how I felt! YAY!!!! Happy friday :)

ok, food for today :)

RED DAY - Friday

Bfast: Toast (hexB) smoked salmon, 2 poached eggs. 2tsp flora light (3syns)

Lunch: 4 wholegrain ryvita crackerbread (4syns) light philly with chives (half hexA) ham, cucumber. Apple.

Dinner: Spag Bol. (xlean mince, smoked bacon, red wine(1syn) peppers, carrots, onion, mushroom, celery, garlic, chopped tom, tom puree. 100g wholewheat spaghetti (hexB) 2tbsp parmesan (hexA) Rocket, watercress & spinach salad with tomato. homemade asda crispy cake (5syns)

Drinks: tea w/skimmed milk (half hexA) water, green tea with mint.

TOTAL SYNS : 13

Attachments

• image-488844255.jpg
    image-488844255.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Well done! 4lbs is great I bet you're chuffed to bits! X

Thanks love! super duper chuffed as wasn't sure if normal dieting would really work for me after doing the vlcd, so its good to know I can still lose :) yay! Heres to a good 2nd week WI! x

Still feeling pretty ill, but definitely on the mend, my nose it slowly starting to unblock! woooohoooo.. Got the busiest day, I'd quite like to just sit and chill to be honest and get better for uni starting again on monday, but nevermind! The boys have a bday party to go to at 11, then rush home at 1 to go see the Puppy. (YAY) then bf's mums coming to see us at half 3, then I said I'd cook the fam a big sunday dinner tomorrow as its my step dads bday on wednesday so have to go to tesco and do a big shop after shes gone, and before any of that happens I need to whip around my house and give it a quick hoover/dust as its rank. We're making homemade pizzas for tea, I'm going to have no syns today apart from the pizza and in the recent SW mag it said 1/4 of one was 6 syns, so 1/2 for 12 is fine by me!! Will have lots of nice homemade salads with it too. So busy busy day. I guess I should get off here and actually start sorting us all out! haha!

EE DAY - Saturday

Bfast : bacon sandwich (hexB)

Lunch : none :(

Dinner : homemade sourdough pizza: BBQ chicken. Mixed Meats. SW Coleslaw, SW potato salad, SW Pasta salad. Mixed green leaves. Beetroot.

Last edited:
Woops just congratulated you on another thread haha just saw your post and assumed it was your diary should pay more attention haha! Well done again :p x

Haha! Thanks love!

An evening off plan, we made sour dough pizza. Meat feast and BBQ chicken :) made SW coleslaw and potato salad and having some wine. Not going to go crazy but not counting syns or anything. All I've had to eat today is a bacon sandwich this morn and I'm starving!

Went to pick our puppy, she's lush! Getting her a week on Tuesday :) she's definitely called daisy it suited her. Was going to get her tomorrow but my cat has a horrible infection on his head which popped up today from no where so think its best to keep her away until she's had her 2nd load of injections. So excited :)

Attachments

• image-2419757484.jpg
    image-2419757484.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back