eee look another food diary!

I think it's all just about common sense - as you say just because its loads of syns doesn't mean it's bad food or that it's going to cause weight gain as long as its ok calories wise.

Maybe you could just do calorie counting at weekends and stick to sw/calorie counting hybrid rest of time. It's all about finding what diet works best for us and that may mean not following sw to the letter. X

Exactly, its one of the things that puzzles me about slimming world. Like pizza express does this 'diet' pizza thats only like 560cals or something, which isn't actually high in cals for a meal at all, but would be so many syns on SW. I'll try it for this week and see how it goes, but if I don't lose anything its obviously a bad plan, but losing weight is really all about calorie input and energy output so if I'm still sticking within that I don't see why it wouldn't be ok, but we'll see. I actually had no idea the little picnic foods would be so bad syn wise! what a shock that was! ha.. Are you back at work now love? Are you looking forward to getting back to it? x

Yeh stuff like that just bugs me I prefer common sense lol!!

Yeh I start back this week, really nervous after so long off :-/ only got shifts on Friday and Saturday this week and only 5 hours each so hopefully it will be ok. X

charl_young said:
Exactly, its one of the things that puzzles me about slimming world. Like pizza express does this 'diet' pizza thats only like 560cals or something, which isn't actually high in cals for a meal at all, but would be so many syns on SW. I'll try it for this week and see how it goes, but if I don't lose anything its obviously a bad plan, but losing weight is really all about calorie input and energy output so if I'm still sticking within that I don't see why it wouldn't be ok, but we'll see. I actually had no idea the little picnic foods would be so bad syn wise! what a shock that was! ha.. Are you back at work now love? Are you looking forward to getting back to it? x

Yeah pizza hut did one at similar kcals when
I syned it after I was gutted lol. Love your new avatar btw :) x

Aw thanks! Well let me know how you get on Laura, and kel I was thinking sometimes when your being kinda bad it helps to have 1 big blow out of everything you fancy then you end up feeling a bit urgh after and it spurs you back onto the plan properly, it totally works for me. Otherwise I just become really complacent and half do everything xx

Having a super hungry day so just made this as a snack. All free and Superfree, lean roast beef, SW coleslaw, beetroot, gherkins

Attachments

• image-1249516322.jpg
    image-1249516322.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Feeling really ontop of the diet and what I'm doing at the mo. I'm still using SW principles but CC is giving me a little flexibility too. Going to have a green day today to try and keep mixing it up.

GREEN DAY - Tuesday

Breakfast : weetabix (hexB) SS milk (200ml - hexA)

Snack : banana, Lychees

Lunch : jacket potato, beans, mushrooms, 2 LM sausage

Dinner : meatfree burgers x2 (1syn) wholemeal roll (hexB) cheese (hexA) salad. Coleslaw w/apple. SW chips, corn on the cob. I was crap and I had some of my kids burger (4syns) mullerlight

Exercise :
Walk - 3 miles
30 day shred, level 1, day 7

SYNS : 5

Attachments

• image-3379679876.jpg
    image-3379679876.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image-1037341136.jpg
    image-1037341136.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Went to get my thailand injections today but obviously should have booked an appointment so kinda wasted trip into town, grr! I'm so so soooooooooooooooo sick of this rain. Its really depressing everyday trudging to school in the rain. Just found out my Bf's brother who went to Australia in feb is coming to meet us in thailand too, yay! i've missed him loads so cant wait. Going to shred this avo again as my knee seems totally better, having a red day which usually means i'm hungrier but want to mix it up to see if I get better losses.

RED DAY - Wednesday

Breakfast : WW sausage, (1syn) bacon medallions, 2 poached eggs, toast (hexB)

Lunch : Beef and tomato sandwich (hexB) x light flora (0.5syn) twirl (11.5syns)

Dinner : Greek chicken kebabs, Roast veg (peppers, aubergine, courgette, mushroom, red onion), greek salad (HexA-feta) (1syn-olives)

Exercise :
Walk - 3miles
30 day shred, level 1, day 8

TOTAL SYNS : 14

Attachments

• image-622615847.jpg
    image-622615847.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Longest day! My boy woke me up at half 6 as he wet the bed.. Every single day!! It's driving me mad, I don't get why he won't wake up, his bro hasn't done it for years. So had to shower him where he just screamed at me saying he hated it, even though he won't get out the shower at the pool.. School runs in the rain, pointless trip to town, spent a few hours with bf, school run again, boys swimming lesson, dinner for boys (they were too hungry to wait til normal dinner time) then dinner for us, been cleaning since bf went to work til 12, done 4 loads of washing, just finished 30 day shred, showered and FINALLY bed! God everything hurts!

Ooft busy day hopefully today is a bit better for you! X

ha! Today will be awesome as my old housemate gets in at 3, so japanese food and some drinks :) Can't wait! I feel really bloated today, I'm pretty sure I haven't lost anything this week, the CC doesn't seem to be working for me, even though I'm well within my cal goals, I don't feel any better, I'm being really accurate too about what I'm inputting and weighing things if I'm not sure. Soooo might just go back to proper SW this week and still CC as a guide but not mess around with the plan at all. Going to have 2 meals off plan this week though, japanese food today, (which is fine as big noodle soups are pretty healthy) and this really nice restaurant sat but I'll try and make some sensible choices. I WI tomorrow morning, but having drink tonight so I'll probs STS I think. :( oh well its my own fault for messing with the plan I guess.

EE DAY - Thursday

Breakfast : Weetabix with SS Milk (200mls-HEXA+HEXB)

Snack : I got mega hungry! Like stomach rumbles hungry and will be having lunch about half 3-4 which is ages so made some noodles with mushroom, pepper and spring onion, with crispy kale and chicken: sooooo good!

Lunch : Japanese noodle soup

Dinner : SW spag bol (peppers, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, mushroom) Salad. Wholewheat spaghetti

Exercise :
Walk : 4.8miles
30 day shred, level 1, day 9.

SYNS : 12 (2gins) + whatever in noodle soup. should be low?

Attachments

• image-3969782702.jpg
    image-3969782702.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
charl_young said:
ha! Today will be awesome as my old housemate gets in at 3, so japanese food and some drinks :) Can't wait! I feel really bloated today, I'm pretty sure I haven't lost anything this week, the CC doesn't seem to be working for me, even though I'm well within my cal goals, I don't feel any better, I'm being really accurate too about what I'm inputting and weighing things if I'm not sure. Soooo might just go back to proper SW this week and still CC as a guide but not mess around with the plan at all. Going to have 2 meals off plan this week though, japanese food today, (which is fine as big noodle soups are pretty healthy) and this really nice restaurant sat but I'll try and make some sensible choices. I WI tomorrow morning, but having drink tonight so I'll probs STS I think. :( oh well its my own fault for messing with the plan I guess.

EE DAY - Thursday

Breakfast : Weetabix with SS Milk (200mls-HEXA+HEXB)

Snack : I got mega hungry! Like stomach rumbles hungry and will be having lunch about half 3-4 which is ages so made some noodles with mushroom, pepper and spring onion, with crispy kale and chicken: sooooo good!

Lunch : Japanese noodle soup

Dinner : SW spag bol (peppers, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, mushroom) Salad. Wholewheat spaghetti

Exercise :
Walk : 4.8miles
30 day shred, level 1, day 9.

SYNS : 12 (2gins) + whatever in noodle soup. should be low?

Mmmmm noodle bowl - enjoy :)

Kel!! Crispy kale is the best thing ever!! I put Szcheuan peppercorns and chilli salt in it with chicken and it's better than from the Chinese takeaway we used to get as they batter and I dont like batter! Thanks for bringing it to my life!! Haha! X

charl_young said:
Kel!! Crispy kale is the best thing ever!! I put Szcheuan peppercorns and chilli salt in it with chicken and it's better than from the Chinese takeaway we used to get as they batter and I dont like batter! Thanks for bringing it to my life!! Haha! X

Haha so glad you like it..thought you would :)) x

Also my 'snack' turned into a pretty big meal, I don't think I'll be having any noodle soup!!

Had quite a few days off plan, I'm not working out syns or anything just been eating and drinking quite a lot as my old housemate was here from thurs avo, def not going to lose again this week, but I'll work super hard from tomorrow until I go away to try and get some really good losses. I was considering doing a VLCD for 5 weeks, has anyone done them? I just want to lose weight quickly so I can go away and feel confident and happy about how I look, which I never do!

Come on again too, 3 times in 5 weeks all long ones and all heavy and making me feel so miserable. Grr! It's no wonder I've been so pissy with the kids and bf, it's not their fault and I'm reacting really badly to all of them. Hormonal nightmare me!

So.. Roughly what I've eaten since thurs..

Thur dinner : steak sandwich, chips, 6 single gin and tonics and 1 jäger bomb. The had some spag bol when I got home the bf had made with a piece of garlic bread.

Fri : banana, apple. Japanese ramen seafood and pork soup. Salmon and avo ISO rolls (2) a asahi beer. SW Seafood paella, SW meatballs and potatas bravas, salad. Some sundried tomato bread, 2/3 bottle red wine.

Sat : out for lunch, antipasto platter, whole bbq'd mackerel with pesto potatoes and salad. 2 martinis, 2 glasses of white wine spritzer, about 5 gins and slimline, 1 cider, a load of Chinese food and glass of red. (shredded beef, chicken and seaweed, crispy duck, beef udon dry fried noodles, ribs)

Sun : leftover Chinese, (a little) fish finger sandwich, some wispa bites, SW kale and chicken, noodles with veg and prawn skewer. (SW dinner) no booze!

Soooo.. apart from the booze and Chinese not overly bad but in no way on plan!!! Tomorrow's a new day, unfortunately as I'm super hormonal I just want chocolate and cake and comfort food, so it's going to be a battle!

Attachments

• image-402893609.jpg
    image-402893609.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3867624856.jpg
    image-3867624856.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image-625486114.jpg
    image-625486114.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image-486379832.jpg
    image-486379832.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 46
lol what you like ;) I thought you may have been enjoying the weekend, at least you did enjoy it and the food sounds lush mmmmm x

So I had such a good day planned of soups and super healthy food then been having the most horrific menstual cramping, it's made me sick and dizzy, so I went and had some cake after we took the boys to school. Then looked at cals, 574!! Eeeek! If I go by cal counting then I still will only have 1400 today, and 1100 when you take off exercise cals but had a gazillion syns. Oh well! Going to the doctor today to have a check up, as this is the 3rd time this month, and this one is the worst yet :(

GREEN DAY - Monday

Breakfast : 2 pieces bacon, (hexB) poached egg, 5 slices potato. Carrot cake (going to count walnuts as a hexB- still bad tho!) medium skinny latte (hexA)

Lunch : banana, minestrone soup

Dinner : minestrone soup again. Just having a soup day to detox!

Drinks : matcha tea, green tea with lemon, water

TOTAL SYNS : 15

Last edited:
So I had such a good day planned of soups and super healthy food then been having the most horrific menstual cramping, it's made me sick and dizzy, so I went and had some cake after we took the boys to school. Then looked at cals, 574!! Eeeek! If I go by cal counting then I still will only have 1400 today, and 1100 when you take off exercise cals but had a gazillion syns. Oh well! Going to the doctor today to have a check up, as this is the 3rd time this month, and this one is the worst yet :(

GREEN DAY - Monday

Breakfast : 2 pieces bacon, (hexB) poached egg, 5 slices potato. Carrot cake (going to count walnuts as a hexB- still bad tho!) medium skinny latte (hexA)

Lunch : banana, minestrone soup

Dinner : jacket potato, 1/2 tin beans, mushrooms, 2 Linda McC sausages, cheese reduced fat (hexA)

Drinks : matcha tea, green tea with lemon, water

TOTAL SYNS : 15

Poor you, that sucks a lot! I had a mirena coil fitted 3 years ago and have had no periods since, its been wonderful, I do NOT miss them at all. No cramping either, its bliss. I hope they sort something out for you. hugs x

Well I'm still in loads of pain, but bf found some codeine so just having a few of them and hopefully a good sleep will sort me out!

Apart from the cake, I've had a detox day, loads of soup, going to do the same tomorrow, actually I might just try doing it all week. Weetabix and banana for breakfast and soup for lunch and dinner, really need to try and counter the bad food of the weekend. God I could eat more cake though! And half a bottle of wine upstairs is calling me!!! Xx

Back