eee look another food diary!

Oh crikes hun, I know exactly how you feel! I had a really horrendous birth with Henry so we went a good 10 months of nothing and I just got used to it I reckon. Absolutely no drive at all, zero initiation! Hence the start of our problems last year :-( Fifty shades of grey helped me tho lol! It's better these days but my constant periods don't help the whole situation, and D didn't understand either. Def not alone hun!! x x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

You are def not alone xx

I love this site, you can go from feeling like the biggest freak, to feeling actually like quite a few people understand and you might not be such a weirdo after all in a short time, I'm so glad I wrote that now!

Thanks ladies, and totm just happened, so that explains the tears last night too. Maybe once I start exercising and feeling a bit more fit/less wobbly it might come back again. I hope so! xx

I think everyone goes through bouts of having no sex drive so I wouldn't worry hun although I know it can be worrying and make you feel guilty for your partners sake. I could easily go without it for months without missing it but it could just be the pill you were on taking time to come out of your system. When I asked about getting pregnant they said you should expect it to take 3 months before the chemicals (or whatever they're called) are completely gone. I would recommend that you go and speak to your nurse/doctor about it I'm sure they could help and offer advice that would at least put your mind at ease about what's going on. Hope you can get it sorted hun! Xx

ah right, well its been about 2/3 months, definitely no longer than 3, so it could just be that, I'm still waiting for my cycles to go back into a normal cycle from it, so maybe once I'm back to regular cycles it'll come back. I think I need to work on my confidence too, I still see myself as absolutely massive, in a weird way I think I'm more conscious of it now than when I was bigger.. Which is weird. So I think I need to do some work on liking me a bit more, then maybe it'll help too.

Thanks everyone :)

Just did the 30 day shred, :) pleased now as it means I've done quite a lot of exercise today, 3.5mile walk all around the coast and the shred.

Feeling a bit better already actually, just knowing its totally not just me. xx

Charl chica - you are definitely not alone. If every woman was open enough to admit it I suspect that you would find that at least 50% of women go through this - probably more than that if the truth were out.

Yes relationship problems can often be the cause of waning sex drive but I reckon the pill has a lot to answer for. It regulates your hormones and coming off it will certainly have caused havoc so it could be a few months before you are feeling anything like normal again.

During my 20's and 30's I had massive "female" problems so they kept changing my contraceptives around and every time they did I went seriously off sex. Took a good long time to realise what was going on - in fact is was my lovely hubs who spotted it.

Then I went onto HRT after I had a full hysterectomy in 1991 (I was only 36) and things settled down for a good few years. But when I came off the HRT I couldn't even face letting my hubby give me a cuddle let alone even think about sex. I still fancy him like mad (even after almost 40 years of being together) and he means the world to me. It was about 6 months before I could even bear for him to touch me again.

So you aren't a freak etc etc etc just a normal lady with normal worries and fears.
And yes, I still feel very self-conscious about my new body despite being 5 stone lighter and looking so much better than I did.

Go and talk to the doc just to make sure that nothing else is going on - a young, female one if one's available as I find that they have so much more empathy with these sort of things - but I'll think you'll find that it's normal for this happen.

And some old fashioned agony aunt advice coming up. Forget sex as the objective !!!!
Go back to basics and just have lots of cuddles and foreplay.
You'll obviously need to discuss it with Dan as it might get a bit frustrating for him :eek: but believe me it should rekindle the fun and the attraction that brought you together in the first place and "it" will just sort of happen at some point. Believe me - I've been there.

And yes "Fifty Shades" was a blumin' eye opener for me. I only read it because everyone was talking about it and it worked wonders for me. Can't say that I did too much "experimentation" IYKWIM but it woke me up again so to speak *** says she blushing furiously ***

And now for the bad news. Unfortunately for most women as you grow older your sex drive will deteriorate even more as the hormones slide into oblivion after the menopause. Believe me - I know and it can be a reet royal pain when you still fancy your hubby like mad. But there are things to help which I can also vouch for! *** says she blushing furiously AGAIN ***

More ((( hugs ))) coming your way.

Thanks Bev! You give the best advice. Such a help as always!

I think that may have a bit to do with it, as before I was with Dan I didn't take any contraceptives then I was put on lots of different ones, none of which really were great for me, hence me coming off them all about 2 months ago, I did try and talk to him but I think he felt like it was him, which it isn't, after talking to all you guys I'll have another go at discussing it with him and take your advice Bev!

Who knows if I have time (outside all my Uni reading) I'll give this 50shades a go.

Thanks my lovely minis group you've all made something I felt pretty ashamed of feel actually very normal!

Xx

So green week starts now!

Food...

GREEN DAY - Monday

Breakfast : weetabix & 1% milk (hexA and hexB)

Lunch : veggie sushi (1.5syns) apple, grapes a bottle of water, celebration Milky Way x4 (6syns)

Snack : some leftover rice, few meatless meatballs and some veg

Dinner : veggie burgers (1syn + hexB roll) SW chips, salad and corn on the cob

Drinks : water, hot choc (2syns)

TOTAL SYNS : 10.5

Last edited:
Hi, just wondered do u make your own veggie burgers or do you buy them?

I buy Asda own meat free burgers and they are 1 syn each. I love them. My oh likes the Linda maccartney ones which are I believe 4 syns each x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Ohhhh incurez, I thought they were 0.5syns? The asda ones, they're quite thin I think 8 or 10 in a box? That's the ones I'm having.

You can make your own with quorn mince but it's a bit of a faff on! Xx

I always synned them as 0.5 but I checked before posting so I was giving correct information and the slimming world app says 1 each. I may still play ignorant to that fact though x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Haha! I always thought they were 0.5! Oh well! X

Definitely read fifty shades, I read all 3 in a fortnight! Daren wasn't keen on me reading them but after the 1st one he bought me the 2nd and 3rd so that says it all really lol x x

LOL! My OH bought me the first one and I got cross as I hadn't wanted to get into the 'ridiculous hype'!! Hmm, read the first and quickly bought the next two! Partly cos I wanted to know what happened in the story! Ha!x

Well of course, it was a fab story ;) I nearly called oh Mr Grey a couple of times tho lol x

Back